Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Resolved) Issue with Steam Tennogen skins on Prime frames

Xardis

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I'll start a thread about this. To maybe put some pressure on things

All tennogen artists know and feel the pain of prime bits. They aren't part of the package so we can't texture them. Yet they play a pivotal role in either enhancing or as in most cases utterly destroy any work an artist have spent time creating.

As DE released more and more frames this have become a bigger issue.

You have frames like rhino/volt/mag/frost who where pretty early Primes working "ok" with prime bits. It's not ideal but I found that acceptable.

However with recent primes the way the primes are handled have just turned up the volume to 11.

At the moment I'm working on Saryn, thinking that the Saryn prime wouldnt be to bad. However digging around I realized the Saryn Prime pretty much completley replaces 50% of the Saryn model. New arms. New legs. New shoulders. New stomach.

Vauban is in the same boat.

I haven't even looked at nekros but he seems to have the same problem

Moving forward with tennogen this needs to have a solution. Both from an artistic point of view but also from a monetary point of view. It hurt sales. 

DE have said that this is something they are looking into but that was 4 months ago. This fix is long overdue.

Solutions? In my book either it's treated like deluxe skins (probarly the easiest solution?) Or a toggle switch like weapons holster (requires a bit more work with UI etc)

Thoughts?

Totally agreed, I guess a toggle would be an amazing solution since it would allow us to keep the added bits on skins once we find a way to make them fit our color schemes without ruining our looks nor destroying certain color schemes on skins where the accents color takes too much space (like ember immortal skin)

+1 this way I'll be happy to finally get skins like Visage or Graxx Nyx (I'm hoping for it to be accepted on the next round) without fear of seeing them destroyed by the added prime bits, for example, Volt Graxx looks amazing, but volt Prime's added gold bits look out of place on the skin.

Agree, we also need the ability to change to the default skin on primes too.

Nova prime for example, skins work well, with the exception that half of her is the default prime skin, which just destroys the aesthetic.

Could also have "Prime" as a built-in skin of every Prime Warframe, much like how Prime Helmets work right now, then they'd be fundamentally replaceable rather than having to work out a toggle option for it every time a skin comes out. Just a thought.

Edited by Artarrwen

Solution is quite simple. Allow players to use the regular version on prime frames.

Simple, when you get to customization, choose first a regular base or prime base. Then apply skin on the base you chose.

Players have been asking to be able to use vanilla skins on primes for ever.

It would only hurts the slot economy a bit...

Your fans finally got to ya, did they Faven?

The easiest way I see this working out is a toggle that "defaults" prime frames to the non-prime model. I wouldn't be surprised if there are incomplete patches in the textures underneath the added prime bits, so I doubt just removing the extra pieces from the prime model would work.

I support the toggle mechanism or maybe at an extreme having prime bits not show when tennogen skins are equipped. I really like what the creators has come up and the prime bits really spoil the aesthetics of the skins. Hope this issue comes to a solution before the nyx and ember graxx ,provided they get the votes :P.

38 minutes ago, Kyotra said:

Your fans finally got to ya, did they Faven?

The easiest way I see this working out is a toggle that "defaults" prime frames to the non-prime model. I wouldn't be surprised if there are incomplete patches in the textures underneath the added prime bits, so I doubt just removing the extra pieces from the prime model would work.

saryn got to me.

I've mentioned this before, but I think it's worth repeating.

*If* we ever are able to change a Prime Warframe's skin to the default skin for the purposes of customization, I would ask that the same treatment be given to all variant weapons. Including Prime weapons, Wraith, Vandal, Prisma, and everything in between. If it's a variation of a regular item, give it a default skin option for the sake of consistency.

However, that's only *if* we are able to change Prime Warframe skins to default skins in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if there was any hope of us getting a way to turn off prime parts on tenogen skins? I have a strong disliking to nyx primes weird hips aways clipping though my dual pistols, and was hoping teno gen would help. Unfortunately it didn't, her hip plates are still there.

I know this was a problem for nova for a wile, and though I see it, I'm not bothered by it. I just know that I've see this issue pop up a few times on different boards.

I think we should devide the current body selection into two menues:

One for Actual model changing bodys (prime, normal, deluxe skin)

And one for texture modifications ( tennogen, immortal, steam stuff)

That way you would have all the options in a well sorted manner.

EDIT: that being said, even though I think this would be a good solution id be happy with ANYTHING that would allow me to finally use normal models on prime frames.

Edited by Dawn11715

Extra Prime parts are gonna hurt the Trinity Tennogen skins as most of her lower part are replaced with prime parts :(  

I hope there's a toggle in the customization whether we wanna use a non-primed or primed body(and would only exist on prime frames) 

• 2 weeks later...

I would like if there was a option in market to show,hide Tennogen skins.I am not a fan of cash only purchase of cosmetics and with amount of them now and new still to come market is becoming overcrowded with it.

I just don't want to see them at all.Simply not interested or will ever be.

I don't intend to make this a discussion between Tennogen lovers and haters. It's just that for me and other players this option would be great.