Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Volt rework, I need it now!

(XBOX)Grihaly

Just now, S0V3REiGN said:

What are the changes? 0.o

Shock is basically unchanged, but has interactions with shield and overload.

Speed is basically unchanged, but they're toying with the idea of the ability dropping a powerup instead of forcing everyone to be awesome.

Shield received a visual update. And it's bigger. Possibly affected by range mods. Has some sort of interaction with shock that was either not detailed or I missed it.

Have you ever had inaros hold an enemy in place, and then have vauban cover that enemy in tesla balls? That's Overload. It's an AOE hold that turns all enemies in range into little shock towers. Damage scales on power strength, enemy health, and gets juiced up by shock.

9 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Going to be honest, it looks like a reskin to me

This is no where near a "Rework", I was expecting Excal level, im quite dispointed

Thing is-volt is fine. Excal was utter trash outside is blind build before rework, but volt doesn't need full rework, he's actually good, even in it's current state he is a viable choice for endgame. All he need it's a little tweaks, a little bit of synergy and ye, his ult is really bad now and this is only thing that DE reworked, other 3 skills are great. So why do you expect full rework if it's works just fine as it is?

41 minutes ago, Dante123pl said:

they completly missed the concept

where is the dmg on dps frame?

well i imagine overload's damage scaling with enemy hp makes for quite a lot of potential offensive power, especially late-/endgame, finally bullet sponges will be welcome XP... oh well, we'll have to see how it'll work out. this was all obviously still wip. i'm actually glad they acknowledge his well balanced state, just 2 things i kinda missed:

1. a little holstering / reload buff from speed would've been welcome but nvm...

2. more important: no word on shield/gun interactions like beam extension yet. i really hope they'll be back in some form, like they semi-promised in release notes when they removed them.

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

Fairly disappointed in the lack of UNLIMITED POWAAAAHHHH from his 1.

The rework on Overload seems okay, but way more CC focused than damage focused...which is again kind of boring.

Overall...I am no where near as impressed as I was with the Mag Prime rework. I ran out and bought Mag Prime that day on that news. I already have Volt and this doesn't even convince me to drop a forma onto him.

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

This is no where near a "Rework", I was expecting Excal level, im quite dispointed

As am I, Although I am trying think positively... that is not easy. ES Looks different and needs to be hit with shock to stop melee enemies...this a very minor change.  Well, nothing's final still? Right?

1 hour ago, Tain_OSkoom said:

Shock is basically unchanged, but has interactions with shield and overload.

Speed is basically unchanged, but they're toying with the idea of the ability dropping a powerup instead of forcing everyone to be awesome.

Shield received a visual update. And it's bigger. Possibly affected by range mods. Has some sort of interaction with shock that was either not detailed or I missed it.

Have you ever had inaros hold an enemy in place, and then have vauban cover that enemy in tesla balls? That's Overload. It's an AOE hold that turns all enemies in range into little shock towers. Damage scales on power strength, enemy health, and gets juiced up by shock.

Shock + ES equals electricity on shield... I think that should be already on ES without needing to use shock. ES Is wider not taller 

1 hour ago, Tain_OSkoom said:

Why would anyone not want speed?  I hope the powerup is an April 1st joke.   Are there really people out there that don't want to go fast?  Why???

One of my favorite frames is a speed / power duration melee volt with the shock augment.  He is so much fun and so effective with a prime reach Jat kitag (much more cc than war and good damage).  This was before Naramon invisibility.  That just makes him stupid strong.  With huge power reserves, I can continuously channel as well.  

Anyhow, I'm glad they didn't mess with volt to much.  

So overload no longer is affected by range? That would be awesome so narrow-minded (for speed) doesn't screw over other skills.  

As is now, need narrow minded, constituition, and max prime cont. for a little over 20 sec boost.  Sure you can recast often, but that's such a pain. 

If shield and overload are affected by range mods, I hope they boost base speed duration so we can get by without narrow minded.  

The only thing that disappointed me with Volt tweaks was the fact that they didn't give Volt a mobile Electric Shield. As it stands it is still completely counterintuitive to Speed and his general playstyle. Having two powers (when there's only four available) that totally contradict one another is extremely poor design, and it's something people have been asking for, for ages. I'm hoping they intentionally overlooked it because they intend to implement it as an augment mod in the future.

44 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

Why would anyone not want speed?  I hope the powerup is an April 1st joke.   Are there really people out there that don't want to go fast?  Why???

One of my favorite frames is a speed / power duration melee volt with the shock augment.  He is so much fun and so effective with a prime reach Jat kitag (much more cc than war and good damage).  This was before Naramon invisibility.  That just makes him stupid strong.  With huge power reserves, I can continuously channel as well.  

Anyhow, I'm glad they didn't mess with volt to much.  

So overload no longer is affected by range? That would be awesome so narrow-minded (for speed) doesn't screw over other skills.  

As is now, need narrow minded, constituition, and max prime cont. for a little over 20 sec boost.  Sure you can recast often, but that's such a pain. 

If shield and overload are affected by range mods, I hope they boost base speed duration so we can get by without narrow minded.  

I met someone who asked me to not give them speed. I left as speed is always on...I'm not sure how speed can be a bad thing but yes, others want to be slow. Overload is affected by range already, I'm pretty sure. 

40 minutes ago, (PS4)ShuhanX said:

The only thing that disappointed me with Volt tweaks was the fact that they didn't give Volt a mobile Electric Shield. As it stands it is still completely counterintuitive to Speed and his general playstyle. Having two powers (when there's only four available) that totally contradict one another is extremely poor design, and it's something people have been asking for, for ages. I'm hoping they intentionally overlooked it because they intend to implement it as an augment mod in the future.

I cant agree more to this.... disappointed with what was shown in the stream.

He just needs a few more tweaks

Let us have shock as a cycle like ivara

Normal shock and ultimate power! Shock - this would allow those who want to play him as a caster to do so; scale with melee and shock mods to give scaling for the power

Exalted lightning if you will - be an emprah Palpatine (no need for pretty combos - normal fire is forked lightning/ alt fire is charged single target high damage)

As for overload

The animation is the killer - doing the electric Jesus means you probably have end up doing a Jesus and using a revive... Not a great way of game play

Perhaps the storm ability in targeting from the game infamous would be better due to how the focus on an area works - in turn, the area to overload can be chosen. Be it near or far - overload would allow for the damage and control

Such would allow for a definitive alternative to gunplay 

Just now, Phyrak said:

He just needs a few more tweaks

Let us have shock as a cycle like ivara

Normal shock and ultimate power! Shock - this would allow those who want to play him as a caster to do so; scale with melee and shock mods to give scaling for the power

Exalted lightning if you will - be an emprah Palpatine (no need for pretty combos - normal fire is forked lightning/ alt fire is charged single target high damage)

As for overload

The animation is the killer - doing the electric Jesus means you probably have end up doing a Jesus and using a revive... Not a great way of game play

Perhaps the storm ability in targeting from the game infamous would be better due to how the focus on an area works - in turn, the area to overload can be chosen. Be it near or far - overload would allow for the damage and control

Such would allow for a definitive alternative to gunplay 

I like the idea of cycling shock, sound interesting. Exalted lightning? I don't know about that

6 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

I like the idea of cycling shock, sound interesting. Exalted lightning? I don't know about that

The idea is to appeal to both parties

I for one would truly love a caster frame

Volt nigh fills the hole but he doesn't throw spells out and stick to ranged weapons out of his hands akin to magic missle in dnd

It doesn't have to be a energy tick/second as with other exalted abilites

Perhaps reduce max energy by x to use lightning as your weapon - melee could be a lightning whip just using one of the whip stances

Then again - the second half of that is a little bit of a pipe dream

These changes seem pretty good, i don't get why everyone is *@##$ing about him not getting reworked enough. Besides his 4 he was fine. 

Also CC will always be better then damage, always. Damage frames fall off really hard and honestly for the most part suck late game.  

6 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

Think it was because the main users of Volt didn't want much changed.

I'm still hoping his 1 gets a better sound and his abilities get a a visual rework (excluding his shield).

I am slightly concerned about his 4 though. It may build up damage and do XYZ but even in the demonstration it did seem to be doing quite bad damage. I know it's mean to be a bit of CC but that doesn't mean it can't do decent damage.