Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, we need Vacuum on our frames so we can use parkour 2.0 without stopping every 10 sec to pick up loot.

Mypi

This has been discussed so many times that i can't really see why it's not implemented yet. Make vacuum an inherent feature of the game. Make Carrier good at something else. Why would you, the developers, want your players to stop having fun and enjoying the great movement system and combat you implemented, just to pick up tiny boxes on the ground? That's not adding anything to the game, it's just pointless busywork that nobody wants to do.

Mirrored reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4d2s5e/de_we_need_vacuum_on_our_frames_so_we_can_use/

EDIT: People nitpicking over the silliest things. Don't want it? Turn it off. Devs, give us an option in the gameplay menu for that. Sounds good? Good. Now let the rest of the adults continue a civilized conversation instead of your arguments over "i wasted arrows when i picked up that ammo pickup!"

EDIT2: I'll just copy-paste what i copy-pasted on my copy-paste on the copy-pasted reddit thread:

Since two or three people have asked me "why do you think vacuum is so important", i'll just copy-paste an answer here. Might help prevent future questions.

First things first, let's take a look at how looting works without Vacuum.You must touch the item with your warframe. Being on the air is unreliable, so you must be on the ground. Sliding might also be unreliable, because usually there will be multiple items spread around a small zone.

Let's say, for an example, you're doing a sick farm for plastids. You got your Hydroid, your Nekros, your EV, and some other frame. The entire map is covered in tentacles. There's loot flying everywhere. The entire map is filled with little boxes full of plastids.

You're busy fighting, busy doing your job to keep the farm going. But alas, you have a C A R R I E R, instead of an inferior non-carrier "companion". You keep doing your job, while swiftly jumping from one corner of the room to the other, and to another room, and to another, and then back, never missing the pace, always keeping up with the action.

Now, take this same scenario, but this time, you're not using a C A R R I E R. If you wish to keep doing your job, you have to either slowly walk around, trying to walk over every single little piece of loot on a loot-infested map, while still trying to cast spells, fight enemies, keep your team's energy up, etc. It's just a miserable experience.

Let me give you another example. Say you're playing Volt, and you're doing a melee-only solo survival run for some resource or mod you need.If you're well-modded, you're a flying walking floating gliding blender of death running at the speed of light. Let's say you're farming for this one ultra-rare mod. You're killing hundreds of enemies per minute. You're seeing hundreds of loot drop per minute.

Do you really want to stop everything your doing, detour from your massacre, ruin your efficiency, lose your melee combo, just to pick up every single mod to make sure you did not miss the one you want? No. That's miserable.

In short, having no vacuum in this game is a miserable experience, and i can think of very few scenarios where any other companion would be more useful than C A R R I E R, just for how time-efficient it is.

Edited by Mypi

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

Ill never understand why people cant just pick up items. Carrier is making people so spoiled and are willing to die to revive their carrier. I find Wyrm Prime and Diriga a lot more useful since they have cc and occasional ill use my prisma shade. You have these options:

-Be like me and suck it up and do it yourself

-Synoid Simulor

-Vauban's Vortex

-Mag after the rework she's getting

-Chesa Kubrow

-Or be like the predominantly lazy player base that worships a vacuum cleaner.

because stopping to pick up tiny items (especially ammo) in a fast paced game like this boring and you shouldn't have to use specific equipment to do it effectively. it would be the simplest change in the world to just make vacuum innate and give carrier something actually interesting. also a chesa kubrow wouldn't be "doing it yourself"

4 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Personally, I'd like to see loot as a team share at the end of the mission - no need to worry about picking up resources, credits or mods.  Just Ammo, Energy and Health.

Credits are already shared. I think you get some % of what other players pick as well.

Beside that, I can't see a change that does not remove Carrier as what we know so far. Maybe changing his personality to something else, providing mods for vacuum or making Mag's  passive to be available for all frames. 

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

Credits are already shared. I think you get some % of what other players pick as well.

Beside that, I can't see a change that does not remove Carrier as what we know so far. Maybe changing his personality to something else, providing mods for vacuum or making Mag's  passive to be available for all frames. 

I am aware that credits are shared, but those are the only things that are.  Having loot team shared and given at the end of the mission removes the need for carrier entirely, since it's main purpose is mass pick up of a variety of items. 

Take away most of those items, take away the need for him.

I'd welcome any change that gets rid of people whinging about "lazy" players.

Not that they're entirely wrong, but I'm still a fairly new player but I'd definitely say I've saved plenty of hours worth of picking up loot by using Carrier.  Without it, I'd either be spending twice as much time in missions looting or ignoring half the loot that drops.  It doesn't help that the other sentinels' abilities don't really appeal to me (Other than Helios, but that's arguably even lazier than Carrier) and I found Kubrow AI could still use polishing, to put it nicely. 

If you're dealing with Sorties and Trials and hour+ Endless missions, sure, that Carrier that one guy has could probably be replaced and perform better overall, but to be perfectly honest I'm already pretty tired of people acting like ever equipping it at all is a sin that deserves any amount of shame.

I'd like to see Vacuum become innate, and make Carrier specialize in what Looter is now, automatically opening crates.

Edited by Vox_Preliator

Honestly its QoL adjustment. It's not really about being it's about whether or not having to pick up each piece of loot is a fun aspect of this game. Due to the extremely high use of Carrier we can tell that the majority of the player finds the rest of the game to be much better. Since this ability exists we also know that adding it to other parts of the game is completely possible. The only excuse to not have done it is to figure out a new use for carrier.

2 hours ago, VinDanger said:

because stopping to pick up tiny items (especially ammo) in a fast paced game like this boring and you shouldn't have to use specific equipment to do it effectively. it would be the simplest change in the world to just make vacuum innate and give carrier something actually interesting. also a chesa kubrow wouldn't be "doing it yourself"

4 hours ago, Mypi said:

This has been discussed so many times that i can't really see why it's not implemented yet. Make vacuum an inherent feature of the game. Make Carrier good at something else. Why would you, the developers, want your players to stop having fun and enjoying the great movement system and combat you implemented, just to pick up tiny boxes on the ground? That's not adding anything to the game, it's just pointless busywork that nobody wants to do.

For these two... wow.   Just wow.

I mean... there's a ton of games out there that are designed so that the players would have to pick up ammo and other such items.   Warframe is no different.

When laziness happens at this level, that's a sign to me that I need to quit gaming and fine a new hobby.  (At least to me.)

No, this game isn't about sprinting at breakneck speeds and magically drawing in every single thing on the map. If the game were entirely about ridiculous speed, we wouldn't have defence, mobile defence, interception or spy missions. Parkour LETS us go fast, but it doesn't REQUIRE us to go fast. If you can't progress through a mission and rapidly acquire nearby loot without a Carrier, you're not playing the game properly.

You do not NEED every single health, energy or ammo drop. Mods and resources aren't really all that mandatory either, if there's a mod 10 tiles away (assuming you knew it was there), would you travel across all 10 tiles just for that one mod? Learn to pick up loot efficiently, and don't ask for an ultra-cruise-mode game where everything is handed to you for free. If you scour the map and pick up every drop, you have EARNED those drops. Lazy gameplay should never be rewarded, or we'd have a game where every warframe automatically wins at everything by pressing one button.

It has come to my attention that some people on this forum actually *gasp* enjoy stopping their gameplay to pick up S#&$ on the ground. How bizarre.

This would be a quality of life change that benefits EVERYBODY. How can you be against something like this? It would be advantageous to all players, in every way possible.

Do you understand? It would benefit you.

It would benefit you.

IT WOULD BENEFIT YOU.

5 minutes ago, Mypi said:

It has come to my attention that some people on this forum actually *gasp* enjoy stopping their gameplay to pick up S#&$ on the ground. How bizarre.

This would be a quality of life change that benefits EVERYBODY. How can you be against something like this? It would be advantageous to all players, in every way possible.

Do you understand? It would benefit you.

It would benefit you.

IT WOULD BENEFIT YOU.

Damn you're obnoxious. Did you miss my post about how I don't enjoy vacuum. I don't care if it's a benefit, it looks stupid.

Why not just make it a mod you can slap on your frame in the exilus mod slot and then change carrier to do other things like storing extra ammo or something. People that want it can have it and people that don't can ignore it. This is the best solution I can come up with instead of just calling people lazy.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

Also vacuum has one huge downside that keeps me away from it. If I'm missing as little as only 1 point of energy carrier will still pick up the orb and essentially waste it.

^ this is something I didn't see mentioning much when this topic comes up(Vacuum and Carrier.)So if this idea was accepted and implement in the way that player have no choice to turn if off to suit their preference, it'll be a bad thing. It's the reason I don't use carrier. I shot 1 arrow and sucked up 10(1 sniper ammo drop), 9 wasted.

12 minutes ago, Socks said:

Why not just make it a mod you can slap on your frame in the exilus mod slot and then change carrier to do other things like storing extra ammo or something. People that want it can have it and people that don't can ignore it. This is the best solution I can come up with instead of just calling people lazy.

^ If needed be, this is more acceptable. Just be ready to answer the question "Why do I need to waste a mod slot when people who don't want it lost nothing? It's unfair."

EDIT

Idea that if you collect a pick up that excess you maximum capacity, it'll be CARRY by CARRIER until you need it is not that bad of an idea. 

Edited by AhLiu338

Is it really that much of a stop? Honest question. I have a Chesa kubrow and a Carrier Prime both, and I never really use either of them. With as fast as Warframe's gameplay moves, and as fluidly as it moves after parkour 2.0, it's never really struck me as much of a hassle to pick things up manually. We're talking a difference of a few seconds, tops, if something is across the room; most of the time it's even less than that. Might just be me, but I don't think it grinds gameplay to a halt like people are suggesting.

Really, if there's any worthwhile idea in this whole discussion so far, it's that mods and resource pickups ought to be shared with the whole party like credit drops.

OP updated. Some of you weirdos might enjoy trying to manually run over every single one of the hundreds of loot boxes on a farm, but for the grand majority of the game's population, that's an annoyance. 

On the one hand, I can understand people's appreciation for Carrier. Having something as menial as picking up loot being done for you is exceptionally convenient, and I really like having it when I need to farm neural sensors and the like.

On the other hand, I feel like a lot of people rely on their Carrier a little too much. If you just really like Carrier, there's nothing wrong with that. I don't even have a problem with people wanting vaccum as a universal mod for companions, as I've seen good suggestions for alternate Carrier precepts. However, if you NEED your Carrier so much that you would rather let yourself die during a mission so you can get it back, rather than help the rest of your team finish said mission...well that just seems a tad unhealthy imo. I actually had that happen during a sortie mission not long ago, and I had to do a double take when it happened. I'm sorry, but in that circumstance nobody's Carrier is that important.

I like the idea of transferring loot drops from enemies to the rewards system, so that there is less clutter on maps, and that the team can share in picking up mods and resources.

Apparently Tenno have reinforcements (extraction teams) that arrive after we leave, so why can't they do the loot picking up, behind the scenes? We just get to see the spoils on the end of Mission Results.

So that way, what does drop, and litter maps, are only ammo, energy and health pickups.

I'm on the fence with Carrier's Vacuum, the main reason I like it is that it can pickup items that can fall through floors or get stuck behind walls, but I too dislike how it currently can be wasteful when absorbing everything in sight.

So if we can see changes to how we collect loot then Vacuum can be turned into a special fusion core and retired. With maybe Looter getting a tweak and replacing it.

Otherwise, what about an idea of Carrier having a new passive Precept that can increase our max ammo, energy and health, representing it's ability to carry items for us. It could keep the seven drain and five ranks, and possibly see a max cap at 15 to 20% for those three at max rank. The actual values can be whatever works best, just brainstorming the basics.

7 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

No you don't. If you need the loot, take the Carrier. At some point in your career getting every single nano spore and alloy plate isn't important anymore and you can switch to sentinels that actually offer utility in combat.

Not running out of ammo or energy is always important. Also both Sweeper Prime as well as the Draiga weapon provide plenty of utility when modded for status and stunning or knocking down everything that come close. Carrier all the way. It's the by far most used companion for a reason and most other companions will stay mastery fodder as long as vaccuum remains a Carrier only mod.