Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Toxocyst headshots

killerpancake

So the way this weapon works is that it when you land a headshot you get a 6 second buff that increases fire rate, unlimited ammo, and extra toxin damage. During this countdown if you land another headshot it does not reset the countdown. Instead you have to wait until the 6 seconds are over and the weapon is back to its normal state in order to reapply the buff. Would you think that making headshots during the buff reset the timer would make this weapon broken?

At first i thought that having the headshot mechanic work that way would be a lot of fun, but then after thinking about it for a little bit I think that could over doing it a bit. 

Infinite ammo 4ever??

Personally, I think the gun would create a interesting situation by encouraging head-shots in a quick period of time versus the current situation of scoring one head-shot and then rapid-firing the trigger button as fast as one can for a few seconds as is currently the situation. I also don't understand it being a dual weapon with the size and firing speed the weapon has but that isn't too important to the topic.

52 minutes ago, Urlan said:

encouraging head-shots in a quick period of time versus the current situation of scoring one head-shot and then rapid-firing the trigger button as fast as one can for a few seconds.

hmm.... i like that as well. encouraging being able to hit Weakpoints consistently, rather than just once in a while.

To be honest, I'd be willing to forego the infinite ammo in exchange for the ability to reset the timer while the guns are still excited. One could argue that both together may make them a bit OP, and I don't think the unlimited ammo mechanic contributes much to these guns anyway.

It wouldn't make the weapon broken because you need the headshot for the weapon to function anyway. The weapon doesn't really reward headshots as it is, because it's normal mode isn't viable, so you do need the headshot to make it work, and then you have to pretty much go into the not so viable state every 6 seconds, which doesn't really feel that rewarding.

If anything it makes the weapon too much of a on/off thing that you can't rely on for extended periods of time (and 6 seconds isn't that much in a fight and the break between fights will still ensure that it doesn't have infinite ammo, which it's not infinite only if your aim is too terrible to believe anyway), and the whole "mash the button during the 6 seconds to make full use of it" really makes my hand hurt rather badly if it's not a short mission and for me that's what puts me off from using it most of the time.

An interesting quirk I've thought about is that it isn't considered a status. Allowing that state to be determined as a status would allow the use of Perpetual Agony to increase its up-time by 30%, along with Saryn's 25% passive boost if the player chose. That would only make it last 9.3 seconds, but it'd be a neat thing to allow.

On 4/9/2016 at 4:52 PM, Paradoxbomb said:

To be honest, I'd be willing to forego the infinite ammo in exchange for the ability to reset the timer while the guns are still excited. One could argue that both together may make them a bit OP, and I don't think the unlimited ammo mechanic contributes much to these guns anyway.

I think the best way to balance the weapon would be to make headshots refresh, and nerf the ammo thing, but not entirely. In other words, just have it have greatly decreased ammo consumption instead... that way we can have the best of both worlds without it having any kind of unlimited ammo exploit. 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think the best way to balance the weapon would be to make headshots refresh, and nerf the ammo thing, but not entirely. In other words, just have it have greatly decreased ammo consumption instead... that way we can have the best of both worlds without it having any kind of unlimited ammo exploit. 

Personally I think that just giving it the standard 210 ammo reserve and letting drain ammo as normal (regardless of which state it's in) would be the easiest route to take, but if you're implying it could just have a percent chance to not use ammo while excited I suppose that could work as well.

actually it would make the weapon broken as it is already easy to cheese with it by modding Blast and electric on it, as both procs nail headshots. and the electric proc is turned into corrosive. allowing it to refresh while in in limiter released mode would definitely make the gun op.

3 hours ago, KiryuKusakabe said:

actually it would make the weapon broken as it is already easy to cheese with it by modding Blast and electric on it, as both procs nail headshots. and the electric proc is turned into corrosive. allowing it to refresh while in in limiter released mode would definitely make the gun op.

That is not true. They fixed that two hotfixes ago. 

After the "fix" to remove proc headshot for this weapon I just dropped it.

It is too much on the "special" side and not something that you can carry at most missions. Sure, it is good to have it as "master headshot race" equipment, but as of right now it is just not performing well enough - landing headshot is pain with its recoil, many targets have hideous headshot hitboxes (if they have any to begin with) and it is "usefull" factor drops even more if you are in a tight spot.

The fact, that the timer is not renewed is not giving it any appeal as well - chaining headshot spree is just not an option as of right now (not to mention that arcanes and focus do renew all the time).

Edited by phoenix1992

4 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

Personally I think that just giving it the standard 210 ammo reserve and letting drain ammo as normal (regardless of which state it's in) would be the easiest route to take, but if you're implying it could just have a percent chance to not use ammo while excited I suppose that could work as well.

I was thinking something like only having it consume a smaller percentage of ammo per shot, but having a percentage chance to not consume ammo while the buff is active would also work. However the concept is done, the idea would be to avoid nerfing the ammo buff too hard, because the thing is that the ammo issue isn't just about having unlimited ammo (although that could be a problem with the ability to refresh the buff), but also that the weapon has a punishing reload. And hardly a big magazine to begin with. As long as the weapon still gets some kind of ammo buff, whether it is a chance to not consume on each shot, or a decreased amount of ammo used per each shot, would ensure that the reload isn't too punishing of a problem. Because the thing is, even with the ability to refresh the buff, if you had no ammo buff at all, the 2.3 second reload and tiny mag would probably still make the weapon mostly trash. 

Just remove the base Recoil.

Also it would be interesting if instead than just increasing the Fire Rate, it would turn its Trigger Type to "Full Automatic".
This would make it less stressful and let the player enjoy it more.

Another thing that helps is Punch Through. Think about it.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Not only buff alerts enemies, it's constantly alerting enemies while buff is active regardless of slotted suppress or hushed invisibility. Completely useless trash.

Besides that, most headshot effects are useless. The one exception is argon scope on tonkor, because explosion autoheadshot all enemies with a head, even if they are impossible to headshot normally. And even that is bad vs corpus. Ospreys are headless.

I would go as this: 

Increase ammo to 210

Normal mode costs 3 ammo per shot.

Erect mode costs 1 ammo per shot.

Erect headshots reset erection duration.

If erection expires, whole clip is spent in a final load.

As the weapon becomes flaccid again, clip is depleted, requiring a reload.