Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If DE Made A Frame Obtainable Through PvP. Would That Stir A Problem?

(XBOX)TheMadCash

So I was thinking about how frames are obtainable in different ways. We obtain frames from

-Quests

-Bosses

-Time Limited Bosses (Nyx parts)

-Sorties

-Quests

-Alerts

-Spies

-Eximus Units

-Clan

So I was wondering what new ways DE could introduce frames. If DE doesnt plan on giving it no lor from a story quest. I thought Raids but that wouldnt be a good idea since you can only obtain a reward once a day plus finding a squad could be tough. Then I thought. What about pvp? Each match has a chance to drop a frame part. I wouldnt mind it. I play Pvp from time to time. Kinda stopped once i reached maxed rank. Would frame parts obtainable through pvp be a problem for you?

-

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

One word: yes

A few more words: pvp is not part of the main direction of the game. Putting a frame behind a pvp wall would raise all kinds of hell from the players who have no interest in pvp, which is a vast majority.

Edited by Larsurus

Oh yeah. Especially with what sort of PVP we're talking here.

This ain't TF2 levels of speed this is Quake levels of speed and is absolutely the complete and utter opposite of what the PVE experience is.

So skills won't translate completely form PVE to PVP especially if you're used to having infinite amounts of energy and everything dying from one shot or that enemies mostly stand still and don't rocket into every direction.

So yes! It would be a problem as thousands of people try to shape the E into a P. Which will incur growing pains which will result in angry forum posts.

But people would eventually just adapt as always.

Edited by Ziegrif

I'd say yes, simply because I don't enjoy the PVP that much.... which will make me feel forced to play. (I try  Not to buy warframes any longer, but rather only grind for them)

p.s. you mentioned Quests twice.

p.s.p.s. Teshin is a PVP manager, so he train.... not Build/Impove the current warframes into any other "Better" frames. (Not that it's impossible)

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur
p.s.

No. People will riot like they always do with everything they don't like, but in the end they'll just A) buy it from the market B) farm for it. 

Also you can obtain the "starter" frames from pvp already. 

Edited by Lokime

11 hours ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

So I was thinking about how frames are obtainable in different ways. We obtain frames from

-Quests

-Bosses

-Time Limited Bosses (Nyx parts)

-Sorties

-Quests

-Alerts

-Spies

-Eximus Units

-Clan

So I was wondering what new ways DE could introduce frames. If DE doesnt plan on giving it no lor from a story quest. I thought Raids but that wouldnt be a good idea since you can only obtain a reward once a day plus finding a squad could be tough. Then I thought. What about pvp? Each match has a chance to drop a frame part. I wouldnt mind it. I play Pvp from time to time. Kinda stopped once i reached maxed rank. Would frame parts obtainable through pvp be a problem for you?

-

Most responses here don't seem to carry any real weight. Yes, some frames are harder to obtain than others. So what? Even if you put one in PVP, it will still be obtainable to all, as long as the drop mechanism isn't winner-exclusive, like fallen Tenno could drop them for all, or maybe they spawn in PVP chests? The Frame would still be available for all players. Those who don't want to can buy it with plat, if you really want to have that frame, then you might as well step out of your comfort zone to get it. If the game gifted you everything you wanted, it wouldn't be fun. It would challange many players in a new way that they've never experienced. It would be interesting to see!

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Language

I forced myself (in the name of FashionFrame) to go through the unbalanced hell that the current PvP is.

At first, I was thinking "I'm new so it's understandable if I am horrible at this" but then I found out DE added damage increase mods and attack speed mods. Gladly, the only thing locked behind Conclave are cosmetics.

A Warframe or completely new Weapon being locked behind Conclave (no other way to be obtained) that would obviously raise all sorts of hell.

If it's anything like what occurred with Super-Jump-Excalibur's Radial Javelin stealth nerf, or when people got tired of the forma : prime part ratio leaning too heavily on the forma side in void defense missions, then the forums would be set aflame, and I would laugh.

Still, if it's winner-exclusive I can imagine loads of people who either stink at  PvP or don't play it at all would likely raise hell, then the typical detractors would most certainly make passive-aggressive remarks at those they disagree with (go to any thread in the feedback section and enjoy the endless passive-aggression, hyperbole and general salt flowing like water in an aqueduct. Like what I'm doing, as an example instead of targeting specific peoples, I generalize). If it does happen, I wanna see the resulting inferno occur (maybe even give away some lighters and pitch to help, myself), and if this were to ever occur, this would be the worst decision DE has ever implemented.