The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Prime Frame Confirmed! Vauban Prime!

(PSN)Elctrcstel

The prime should have more armour, with that said i got the following idea (dont want to start another rework topic)

Vauban named after the french engineer and famous for his fortify skills should fortify himself and get a armour upgrade. And then his armour value could have effect on his bastille ability. The more armour the more chance of repelling the enemy with his ability. So no more use for the augment mod which can therefore be replaced with steelfiber

Give bastille a star shaped citadel look on bottom or on top would look nice i think.

Maybe some work on his other abilities would be nice to because

1st (as now only use to throw on teammates/kubrows) Make it work with the bastille or vortex ability. Select damage type and throw it in. Bastille or vortex will do a amount of damage from chosen type. Maybe combine to get corrosive or whatever you need

2nd (as now only use at doors who need 2 players to open or hacking consoles and stand back) Give vauban a kind of fortify/bouncing aura that will bounce of or knock back melee enemies

3rd (pretty good) as above

4th (pretty good) not much

On 22.4.2016 at 0:33 AM, HalfDarkShadow said:

Honestly, after that trailer, I officially [in my head] have declared that was Vauban's voice xD
He and his swauve voice would get my vote if he ran for president.

#booben4prez

For some reason, I actually thought it was Booben's voice the first moment I Heard it lol but then I remembered that frames don't talk...or do they? Dun dun dunnnn!

He does look pretty sweet and it was nice to get a full reveal trailer instead of a few flashes in a teaser. I truly hope they at least replace bounce pads. With bullet jump its useless for the players, its really only been a tool for trolling or for bouncing enemies because you've found yourself more bored than you should ever be. That and he was no synergy built in, as is usually a feature of newer frames and reworks.

38 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

I liked how they tried to make Bounce appear to have a purpose.

Hahaha true... If he went ahead and threw those balls very simply like catching a pokemon it would've given the same results. 

That bounce there was just an eye candy to make way for those flashy pitches and I highly doubt they tweaked bounce to allow us to do that.

one prime at a time there, mate. let's enjoy Vauban before we start asking for Nekros...

I think they nailed it with Vauban. I love the way he looks, and they nailed the Fragor Prime and AkStiletto Prime's design too. all are gilded, but menacing in appearance. glad they went with a Dark Prime for him, it suits the Male frames more IMO. no complaints from me on Aesthetics, Hek, I might not even have to recolor him to make him how I want...

he's gonna be awesome!

22 hours ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

*Moves to Megathread in*

Seriously thou. That trailer got me playing with him more. Lol Trying to get better at his survivability but its not easy. He needs more to his kit tbh.

And mega thread dies because ppl now cant discuss their own specific points in...

So, with the upcomming Vauban prime, and vauban being an amazing frame in general, i had some questions, maybe some ideas. 
Will vauban get a rework-ish thing? He kinda needs it, i mean, yeah he is the king of cc as far as all abilities go, but the first and second ability at most, seem lackluster, if not useless. 
I mean, when does one use the bouncepad in a good situation next to raids? And even better, Tesla? Only for fun from what i know. anyhow, i had an idea for both replacing tesla and bouncepad.
1: Tesla Replacement: Electric grenade: Throws an electric grenade, which briefly stuns, and follows with a slow to the area of impact.
2: Bouncepad Replacement: Bubble Shield: Tosses a shield down, this shield expands in the form of half a sphere. has no health, uses a set duration which grows with power duration, size too, only slightly however. Enemy's cannot pass through it.

Let me know what you think, because personally, this looks amazing to me, giving vauban more map control and more enemy shutdown, as he still is our engineer.