Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fairy Frame Discussion [Megathread]

hs0003

The design and idea is certainly.. interesting! I'm liking all the flowing-dangly-scarf-things and the butterflies so far. The poofy collar bit in the back looks nice too. :)

The main thing I dislike about it, and it's not a big deal anyway is the ear flap (?) on the side of her head. It feels a bit too big in my opinion, it could definitely could work there, it just feels a bit awkward at the moment.

Kudos to the artist and Rebecca so far though, looks great!

Edited by Drzzter

I'm pretty excited for this one, and can't wait to see how she'll play. Her ability to shrink sounds like it'll probably function as a good damage mitigation ability with a lot of cool factor and perhaps some mobility, and the comparisons to Archwing really make me excited for how the scale will feel for players. So, as an important part of getting hyped, I want to see some ideas for a good name for her.

Since at least some of her abilities must involve the use of her razor butterflies, I was thinking Psyche would be a great name. It's the Greek word for "soul" which brings some appropriate magical connotations with it, but the word was extended to mean "butterfly" as well, as they were used as a symbol for the soul. It also feels appropriately feminine.

Ok, your turn!

Titania 

from google:

Titania is a character in William Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream. In the play, she is the queen of the fairies. Due to Shakespeare's influence, later fiction has often used the name "Titania" for fairy queen characters.

15 minutes ago, Zalvion said:

Titania 

from google:

Titania is a character in William Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream. In the play, she is the queen of the fairies. Due to Shakespeare's influence, later fiction has often used the name "Titania" for fairy queen characters.

That plays in with the question that one guy asked about establishing a connection between her and Oberon. It would further cement such a connection. So, that name could be either really good or really bad depending on how DE wants to play it.

Edited by (PS4)eximago

Just watched the video on the new warframe we are getting, she is looking awesome, but I wonder what name they are gonna settle with?

I would hope it would be Titania, Queen of the Fairies.

What do you guys think? Any names you think would suit the new warframe?

4 minutes ago, Xianos_Chaos said:

Just watched the video on the new warframe we are getting, she is looking awesome, but I wonder what name they are gonna settle with?

Luna,willow & glitter

5 minutes ago, Tain_OSkoom said:

Mab should be an option, even if we were limiting ourselves to Shakespearean Fey.

That's a good suggestion, although I doubt they'd do that bc it's fairly similar to Mag.

Id suggest Diana, the Roman goddess from which the name Titania is derived from. Plus being goddess of the hunt also lends itself to a war waging Warframe. 

29 minutes ago, Xianos_Chaos said:

I was thinking the same thing. If DE was down for it, then maybe they could entertain the idea of some kind of small synergy between her and Oberon. Whether it's between certain powers, passive, or maybe even just some kind of cosmetic interaction.