Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's a good Warframe for players that dies frequently?

Phaxtolgia

Question

Wukong may work, but that could be complicated and still not too helpful.

valkyr-supports an offensive playstyle of in your face and let them weaken you before you pop hysteria and cut them up.

Frost-high shields-armour, pair with sentinel mod for high survivability. Frost globes as well.

rhino-good health and armour, iron skin.

But the king for standing still and surviving would be Ivara prowl. He is invis and can shout silenced guns still, and energy cost is neglible.

First off mabye check his build first. See if he is running with super low shields and hp.

Also if you're looking for "tanky" frames or ones that can avoid or mitigate damage.

Trinity(also has heal), Rhino, Frost, Limbo, Valkyr (invincibility 4th), Inaros, Wukong, and all invisibility frames, so Loki, Ash, and Ivara

Also tell him to "Git Gud" (just kidding)

Edited by Conestt

if he afks, loki, limbo duration build. But seriously, he needs to play when he's playing.

If he doesn't move while shooting, volt, or frost to shield him while shooting. any decoy, inviz, rhino iron skin too.

But he might also be missing health/shield mods that get him killed. quick thinking and flow/primed flow. The new medi ray might also help if his health is slowly chipped at by gunfire throughout the mission.

1 minute ago, _Rue_ said:

if he afks, loki, limbo duration build. But seriously, he needs to play when he's playing.

If he doesn't move while shooting, volt, or frost to shield him while shooting. any decoy, inviz, rhino iron skin too.

But he might also be missing health/shield mods that get him killed. quick thinking and flow/primed flow. The new medi ray might also help if his health is slowly chipped at by gunfire throughout the mission.

I see.

Oh and before I forget, what does quick thinking exactly do? I know it prevents death on hits that would kill you, but that's all I could understand. :L

Pretty much every Warframe has ways to survive super difficult scenarios. You just have to change your playstyle to match the most survivable tactics for a specific frame or loadout. For example, if they're using Excalibur, use dat radial blind. It will save your life.

I could list a bunch of frames with great survivability, but I'll just recommend Inaros, his abilities allow him to beef himself up and heal himself. Additionally, his unique death "form" allows you to sap nearby enemies to revive yourself, combine that with a player who dies a lot... you won't even need to worry about sprinting across the map to res him.

9 minutes ago, Phaxilion said:

I see.

Oh and before I forget, what does quick thinking exactly do? I know it prevents death on hits that would kill you, but that's all I could understand. :L

It drains your energy to heal you if you're near death. Definitely a mod worth thinking about if you've got the Energy Siphon aura.

25 minutes ago, Lucernam said:

It drains your energy to heal you if you're near death. Definitely a mod worth thinking about if you've got the Energy Siphon aura.

Don't forget the other part.  It staggers you so much you can't move for a good 2 seconds after it kicks in.

Well i'd recommend giving them some tips about mobility. Keeping mobile is the best way to avoid enemy fire. But if you want to get him a tanky frame, then i'd recommend Rhino, Valkyr, Chroma, Inaros, etc. I probably missed some, but there are plenty to choose from.

7 minutes ago, Sargeant_Q said:

Don't forget the other part.  It staggers you so much you can't move for a good 2 seconds after it kicks in.

Something I tested and wrote up in the comments for Quick Thinking a few months ago.

"While under the effects of Quick Thinking (2 HP and losing energy instead), strong hits against you will cause a 'Stagger' effect, briefly causing your warframe to stumble in place. Be wary, as repeated strong hits can effectively "stagger-lock" you in place until you die. Weak hits against you will not induce this effect."

Based on my testing, this isn't true. It's not strong hits that make you stagger. It's how much damage you take over a short period of time. Enough weak hits will make you stagger. And a single level 100 Corpus Sniper will not necessarily make you stagger.

And it's not dependent on the attack(s) themselves, but on the damage they do to your frame. An Atlas will stagger (yes, even with immovable) under less fire than a Valkyr. This means that armor plays an even more vital role in this mod's function, not just in how efficiently you mitigate energy loss, but in how easy you are to stagger/staggerlock.

As for the topic itself, Frost is the easiest to mod in early game for a player that's standing still too much. Ivara can be great for standing still and not dying, but she needs mods to properly contribute. Volt is in the same boat as Ivara, only worse without proper modding.

1 hour ago, Phaxilion said:

So I have a friend that's not too new to Warframe, but he keeps dying REALLY often. Is there any Warframe that's really good at keeping him or her alive?

He stand stills VERY often, even though we tell him countless times not to. ;/

Shoots while not moving.

Valkyr is a relatively easy warframe to acquire with good survivability.

That said, your friend needs to focus on changing his playstyle, adapting to Warframe's fast pace.

That means he needs to move constantly, or near-constantly. 

There are basic movements (sprinting, backflips, rolls, slides), then there is parkour 2.0. (And coptering still works if he wants to use that.)

Since I can't tell if he finds WF's movement system hard overall (as in he's used to traditional shooters) or just parkour 2.0., those are some other options he can explore.

The second area he needs to focus on is modding for survivability.

This means investing in duplicate mods and cores to use for fusion. (Racking up dupes, and playing decent modes where bronze, silver, and gold cores drop often enough. It also means he has to invest in decent credit haul modes.)

Basic end-game (rank 10) mods he needs to rank up (even halfway will be good):

Vitality (Health mod. Make sure it has 10 dots at the bottom)
Redirection (Shield mod. Make sure it has 10 dots at the bottom)
Steel Fiber (Armor mod. Make sure it has 10 dots at the bottom)

Some other mods he can look into:

Vigor (additional health + additional shields)

Health auras (Rejuvenation, Physique)

The above mods drop fairly often from alerts (which is where you gain auras), or from nightmare modes (vigor). Vitality, redirection and steel fiber are all common drops.

Other health and shield mods he might want to look into are:

Equilibrium (turns red health orbs/drops into energy and blue energy orbs/drops into health)

Fast Deflection (this will make his shield recharge faster)

The more complex schemes for health recovery are the aforementioned Quick Thinking. However, this mod is not as useful unless he also attains Rage. This combo is best used on a warframe with a very high energy capacity. Because Quick Thinking (fully ranked) will take up 15 mod points, it's also a good idea to get your friend to start investing in forma and formaing warframe's he's sure he will stick with as he progresses.

Even a fully ranked Vitality, Redirection, Steel Fiber and Vigor will take several mod points.

Your friend should most definitely invest some time in reading the wiki, or googling anything mentioned here (or to him in-game) to get a better understanding of what he's doing, and how to do it better.

Last, let him have fun. If he really likes the game, he will adapt. If he doesn't like it, if he can't get into it, that's okay, too.

Edited by Rhekemi