The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Can We Get An Augment Slot Now ?

Since now augments are pretty much "enhance" instead of "augment", my opinion would be :

- Remove the level of augment mods, make them scale with the ability itself (from rank 0 to 3)

- Give each warframe 4 augment slots

- Make all these mods take 0 capacity

- Make these mods harder to get. (Like 50/75k reputation)

This way it would be another thing to do in order to fully complete your warframe.

I have this opinion simply because 90% of augment mods are not "augment" but a straight adition to the ability and they are almost ALWAYS a win-win.

26 minutes ago, IEpicWolfI said:

THIS.

NO PLEASE NO. Just one separate augment slot is the best. I don't care about Forma, don't take my Handspring from me.

18 minutes ago, deathcloud9999 said:

4 augment slots are enough. 1 slot for 1 augment, so total is 4 slots for every ability.

This is kinda OP on some frames.

1 minute ago, ElectronX_Core said:

Speaking of, the abilities tab for Warframes is kinda useless right now, so you could just install augments there, and no longer make them as mods, but something separate like focus lenses or something. I hope I am getting my idea across.

I like 

I personally think an augment slot would be bad for the game. It would turn augments into more "required mods" because people lose their minds over an empty slot on their frame. They'll fill it even if there's no augments that fit what they want to do, then they'll complain all the augments are bad, blah blah blah- you get the point. It's also unneeded. Augments are now what warframe ability mods USED to be. They make us pick and choose. They give us variety to builds between players. I honestly miss those days. I MISS having warframe ability mods. I honestly think we woulda been better off never losing them.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

May I ask why you feel this way :) 

Having a limited amount of slots means the player has to make a decision as to what they truly want since they can't have everything on one frame/weapon, which is the point of having limited slots in the first place. If the Devs just give us additional slots for every new type of mod they release, it kinda undermines the whole making a choice/sacrifice element.

That said, there are certainly issues with "required" mods, or rather mods that are undeniably too good to not have, but I feel that just giving us more and more slots is circumventing the bigger issue rather than addressing it.

9 minutes ago, alphaslider said:

Just no.  This is how power creep starts.  

The power creep started in U14, just after T4 was introduced. It has now been left in the dust by exponentially greater power creeps.

An augment slot by itself would not cause any balance issues with the game, barring perhaps a couple innately OP augs. It's not as if they scale.

At the very least, they should be exilus. I've heard the argument that augs shouldn't be something you expect to have available, and I completely disagree for the reason I mentioned before. Frames become much more interesting with the extra functionality. As long as content isn't being gratuitously trivialized, fun factor trumps all other arguments.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Seeing how 4 frames now have all 4 of there augments , I think it's about time .

How do you feel about a single augment slot ? Needed or unessacary

needed SO BAD!!! hahahah