Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imperator Vandal

DarkOvion

So as of today, over the Fomorian Alerts we've done literally hundreds of runs to try and get the weapon. (300+)

We've joined the many people with numerous parts, missing one the one part (Receiver) after hundreds of runs.

And with the low chance of it dropping a part, and the resources needed for each Disruptor, means we've spent many hours trying to get this weapon... and it's just not worth it.

As much as I like Archwing, as much as I want the weapon... it's just not worth it, and beyond my 1-2 to help towards the percentage and get my 75k, I don't know that I care anymore.

Seriously, at this point with two of us doing 300+ runs we've spent:

750,000 Credits
2,100,000 Nano Spores
180,000 Cryotic
2,400 Isotopes.

That's 900 Excavators alone ffs.
Then having to farm those Isotypes, is something like 300-500 waves of Defence with a Nekros.
It's just too much, in a game where they said they want to reduce the grind.

Edited by DarkOvion

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

They really need to make it tradeable.

It would really help these unlucky few such as yourself, who are just demolished by RNG.

It's not even a few.

Me and my partner of course, but the only people in our clan that have it, is the one guy that was there for the original operation.
I see numerous on the forum, every time there's a Fomorian there's been numerous complaints.

It's got to be a sizable percentage affected.

And it's not just this, it's other things too.

There really needs to be something to ensure after X, you will get these things.

Or if everyone in a group has a thing, it's struck from the drop list until all items are acquired.

Alternative, have everything in a 'reward store' with points granted for completing the missions... I don't know, but some of this stuff is absurd.

6 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

There really needs to be something to ensure after X, you will get these things.

Or if everyone in a group has a thing, it's struck from the drop list until all items are acquired.

Alternative, have everything in a 'reward store' with points granted for completing the missions... I don't know, but some of this stuff is absurd.

A token system has been suggested before, but not for the Fomorian Raid missions. Also what you are describing is how the Sortie system works currently, and tbh it should probably become a game-wide thing at some point. Because some grinds for specific items/weapon parts are as you say "just absurdly tedious."

58 minutes ago, Reitrahc said:

Is this for real? I had my full Imperator Vandal in 5 runs, exactly 1 of each piece. Either you drew the short stick or I drew the long one.

You should probably go buy a lottery ticket.  

I'd love for the IV to be tradable, it's a great gun, and the one spare I have would probably buy me a few catalysts.  Plus, sortie weapon parts and Baro bought Vandal weapons are tradable, so I really don't see a downside.

OP - there's at least a small upside - the farming of nano spores can pretty easily result in plenty of neurodes, 2100 Cryotic usually seems to give around 15 R5's (i.e. the amount you referenced is two primed mods maxed, with another brought up to R-almost-8), and the isotopes just sort of take care of themselves.  Your luck does sound atrociously bad though :(

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann
spelling

1 hour ago, Reitrahc said:

Is this for real? I had my full Imperator Vandal in 5 runs, exactly 1 of each piece. Either you drew the short stick or I drew the long one.

You drew king.

I had 2 blueprints 2 barrels  and did about 40 runs before I got full set.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Cwellann said:

You should probably go buy a lottery ticket.  

I'd love for the IV to be tradable, it's a great gun, and the one spare I have would probably buy me a few catalysts.  Plus, sortie weapon parts and Baro bought Vandal weapons are tradable, so I really don't see a downside.

OP - there's at least a small upside - the farming of nano spores can pretty easily result in plenty of neurodes, 2100 Cryotic usually seems to give around 15 R5's (i.e. the amount you referenced is two primed mods maxed, with another brought up to R-almost-8), and the isotopes just sort of take care of themselves.  Your luck does sound atrociously bad though :(

Just now, xxswatelitexx said:

You drew king.

I had 2 blueprints 2 barrels  and did about 40 runs before I got full set.

Wow I really didn't think I got that lucky. I need to go sacrifice a ram and thank RNGesus. Brb.

RNG does suck unfortunately.  Thankfully I got all my parts on one of the last events....  after a 16 hour marathon on the last day of the event.   Considering how many times they have run this EXACT same event they should make the parts tradeable so that next time they run this event we can have a.....  wait for it....   NEW item dropping.

i got the Vandal 2 Formorians ago and use it for snowflaking. had a receiver in less than 10 runs each time I've done a Formorian since. this current one gave me the Receiver on my 5th run, IIRC.

sadly it isn't tradeable, as then the relays would fall, but if it were tradeable, I would make a disgustingly large amount of plat love to help others out.

That would be another way to make it less of a PITA.

Simple tracking method.

All things are already listed with their drop chance.

Have a list that has every item in the game.

Completing something / killing something that drops said thing, adds +1.

If it hits the number where you should by the average receive the item, you receive the item. This is a special bonus reward at the end-of-mission (Maybe in a message for ease of game).

This would work with regular RNG, as you can already get duplicates, but if you hit absurd levels, you're guaranteed at least one of the thing.

Take this receiver at 2% for example.

Each completion is +1, at 50 runs, you are guaranteed a Receiver.

The Barrel + BP are 11%, so at 9 runs you will get a BP and Barrel.

This means there's alwayts a light at the end of the tunnel.

It's like the last time the Rift Sigil turned up.

0.5% drop rate or something absurd.
We did hundreds of runs, we played right to the last minute near constantly - got nothing.

This system would give each player a point where they will definately get each item once.

It'd also be far easier to implement than a points store or such.

Just a simple back end text doc and script added to Loot tables.

Edited by DarkOvion

18 hours ago, Reitrahc said:

Your luck is like getting 5 aces in a poker hand. What did you sacrifice to RNGeezus?