Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

you have one mammoth on a pressure plate holding a door closed, on the other side is gold. what do you do?

dangerdragon117

lets assume this mammoth is the only one alive on earth. if the mammoth leaves the pressure plate it is killed. there are two buttons. one kills the mammoth and opens the door, the other one kills you and does not open the door but frees the mammoth. what button will you press?

2 minutes ago, Plushy said:

I draw the mammoth and use it as a loophole. The button kills the picture mammoth and I ride off into the sunset on top of my mammoth with gold tusks I made from all the gold.

It doesn't work. the mammoth is still on the pressure plate and would still be subject to the kill mechanism

I do like the idea of using the dna from the mammoth's dead body and reintroduce mammoths to the world, gold would help with that, but screw hypotheticals, I'd hit both buttons at the same time and see if there's an exploitable bug in the system.

If your statement "this mammoth is the only one alive on earth," means that all other living things are dead, then it doesn't matter since I'm also dead.

If you just mean that it's the last mammoth alive, then there's other options.

Kill it, take DNA samples and use the gold to fund research to study cloning/repopulating the mammoth population.

Study the mechanism behind this device. Is it electrical? Mechanical? Is there a time limit, or are you able to leave and come back with equipment? Is it the same kill mechanism for you and mammoth? There should be some kind of controls/activators somewhere around it, so open/break any walls or panels around the mechanism to see what options you have based on the newly obtained data.

39 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

grab the blood/dna extract and reverse engineer a mammoth.

Reverse engineer... a living being? What.

Anyway, I'd lure the mammoth off the pressure plate. That or drag it off with a tank or something.

Edited by PoisonHD

Press the button that saves the mammoth.  Build a park around the mammoth and charge people admission fees to see the "Last Mammoth on Earth"

Make more gold from showing the mammoth then you would have ever gotten out of that room.

Your alive.   The mammoth is alive.  You have all the gold and more.    Win/win/win!

Edited by (PS4)lupowolfen

Kill the mammoth, take the gold, harvest the mammoth's DNA to create additional mammoths through cloning. Use the gold to fund said cloning operation. Get an army of mammoths. Name them all Karl. Take over the world.