Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo -paper and paper and paper oh wait and more paper

Demlier

Just now, Demlier said:

Thanks for advances and all those tips i ll try with this build  :) youre good ppl :D

Just a FYI if you want help with a frame, head to the players helping players and ask for help rather than complaining about the frames weaknesses. You get better results and less flame.

18 minutes ago, BritishBob said:

Lel... So you can't play limo, doesn't make him bad.

My build: 

TOD9PGb.png

Use second ability, use 3rd ability. That gives you damage immunity and a 3.5 time damage multiplier.

Press 1 on a target, use the 100% knockdown to you a ground finisher with 3.5 times damage. 100k+ hits with melee weapons.

Need a bit of AOE or hallway heroing, use his 4th on a corridor sit in the rift with damage boost and fire into cataclysm from afar.

The only two rules for limbo:

1.Don't ever sit in cataclysm. 

2. Don't use cataclysm unless you have to.

Other options... Need to carry pugs or newer players, sit in the rift and stalk them. Nova a bit too squish? Abilities work on enemies outside of the rift. Nova can sit in the rift and use 4 and still be 99% immune to damage.

Now this is on topic.

+1

Been following this thread since I had the same questions as the OP.

Just now, Xekrin said:

The good news is your build could be much better with a forma or two and a exilus slot.  Still though, looks good.  I think I'll check that out for myself.

I really like to keep my frames without forma. I don't feel like I ever need them. Also means I know exactly what people new to a frame can do.

Just now, Lobotomy said:

Sorry, what? I was too busy carrying today's sortie defense mission as Limbo to hear what you said. Please, do go on though; I'm sure that if you keep talking you'll be right about something eventually.

I was able to solo Sortie 3 Defense with Eximus Stronghold condition in the past with Valkyr, Vauban and other frames. What's your point?

12 minutes ago, Nachino said:

I was able to solo Sortie 3 Defense with Eximus Stronghold condition in the past with Valkyr, Vauban and other frames. What's your point?

lol, I think his point is that Limbo is fully capable of doing with skill what valkyr does with her yawn no risk play.  Everyone puts limbo down because they don't like him for one reason or another, but he is quite able to be used in the same situations as all the higher regarded frames.

I honestly thought what he said was pretty clear.  What's your point exactly?

Just now, Xekrin said:

lol, I think his point is that Limbo is fully capable of doing with skill what valkyr does with her yawn no risk play.  Everyone puts limbo down because they don't like him for one reason or another, but he is quite able to be used in the same situations as all the higher regarded frames.

I honestly thought what he said was pretty clear.  What's your point exactly?

I wasn't trying to make a point, i was making a question because i didn't understand how that response changed anything.

If he meant what you said, it's ok, but he can still be annoying to teammates as rawr1254 said and he can still be replaced by other warframes that can "carry" the team just as well.

3 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

As has had to be said many times by now, you're not using him right. Limbo is one of the strongest frames in the game, but he also has a very high skill ceiling. You need to be THINKING while using Limbo, using strategy, tactics, etc; you know, things that don't involve just pressing 4.

Limbo is a synergy warframe. Your build choices, your weapon choices, which powers you use and when and under what circumstances all matter when playing Limbo. Think carefully about all these things and practice and you will be able to find out what those of us who are skilled with Limbo already know.

But, if that's too hard for you, feel free to give up and go play Valkyr or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was trolled by a limbo in sortie 2 today for 2 waves before he and his friend left. I hate limbo and try avoid them.

2 hours ago, Nachino said:

he can still be replaced by other warframes that can "carry" the team just as well.

Nearly any frame can be replaced by another one.  I immensely enjoy playing as Saryn while many are happy to comment how easily others do her job.  Doesn't matter I like Saryn.  

He likes Limbo, he does the job with Limbo.  In his roundabout way, that is what he was trying to say, he was just doing so in an overthetop manner.

The only time I've found Limbo absolutely useless was in excavation when a player placed a wide range cataclysm directly on the excavator, 98% sure they were trying to troll though....

I'll be honest though, I really wasn't aware he could avoid lasers in the rift, could've sworn I'd been hit by them in the past. Good to know!

5 hours ago, Demlier said:

Maybe you shouldn't be a di*k i want to relax in game withou't making fking plan of battle like what? And if u want to know i spit on valkyr 0 skill need shiet atleast there's a lot more frames that aren't so hard as limbo but still needs a little moves that's all . Maybe brain isn't for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You say you want beast nukers, in one comment, then say you don't wanna use certain weapons b/c they nuke, then you say you dont wanna have to think in the game.. I'm not the smartest or have the best grammer, but I'm having a hard time understanding what your're trying to say and your train of thought. What exactly are you after here? To bash Limbo, praise Chroma, to learn new styles of play, or just argue with some strangers.

Also telling someone maybe brain(thinking?) isn't for you, right after saying you dont wanna think up a plan of battle.. How do you expect to do the meta/survivals/defenses/etc without having some sort of team plan and synergy? If you're just doing easier stuff that's cool, just wondering if you are how you're having trouble doing damage as Limbo. I dont even play Limbo but maybe once a month or two and he's not that bad for me.

29 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Nearly any frame can be replaced by another one.  I immensely enjoy playing as Saryn while many are happy to comment how easily others do her job.  Doesn't matter I like Saryn.  

He likes Limbo, he does the job with Limbo.  In his roundabout way, that is what he was trying to say, he was just doing so in an overthetop manner.

All I'd have to say is that, overall, Limbo is a great Warframe when used by a good, supportive player, yet his Kit could use some Buffs overall, in my opinion, to make his playstyle a bit more engaging and capable of supporting his team better. While I personally love Limbo and his playstyle from time to time, even I'd have to admit that it's pissed me off quite a lot due to how limited it can be in comparison to other Warframes. For example, Limbo, I feel, is best played as a Defense/Damage Warframe, capable of Nuking any enemy inside Cataclysm from a distance with powerful AoE weapons, Rift Surge and Rift Torrent. Cataclysmic Continuum is a nice mod for Limbo, yet it really feels like a Mod you place on him until you get your Duration mods to a decent level. I suppose Haven can be useful, yet due to Limbo's overly large Duration 9 times out of 10, you're not going to be spamming your abilities all to often. Including Haven and Cataclysmic Continuum could make sense, yet taking off two Mod slots for Limbo really hinders him, as the main point of Limbo's duration is to make sure he stays invincible for stupid amounts of time while keeping Cataclysm up for ages. Honestly, while I can see these Mods being useful, their so niche (or in Continuum's case, would be amazing if taking two slots off of Limbo didn't count as a death sentence) that it really only limits Limbo's overly specific playstyle even more, which in all due respect, is not fun to me.

Anyways though, I'm trailing on and making it seriously seem as if I hate his augments besides Rift Torrent, when in reality, I use them both constantly and switch between the two of them time and time again. As for Limbo as a whole, I think all Limbo players would appreciate a few buffs to him. As in all honesty, needing to activate three abilities in a row constantly is really annoying. What would you guys suggests for Buffs, when it comes to Limbo? I think I'd love it if Banishing enemies into the Rift (or having them come into it) shredded enemy protections, as to be quite honest, Limbo's Invulnerable bubble is great, but if it's not going to give us CC potential, it may as well give us damage. Make it so you could hold Banish down to create an AoE Banish (shreds less protections, but brings more enemies into the Rift), and I think Banish would do just fine as a great way to eliminate small groups of enemies away from Cataclysm (as, while it's bad for Limbo to be in the bubble, making it easier for Limbo's teammates to shoot enemies inside of it would be awesome). If that would be too strong, make it so Rift Walk could cause enemies near Limbo to be dragged into the Rift as well , as Limbo serves great as a distraction already. Maybe even making Rift Walk aggro enemies in a certain radius would help Limbo overall, as he could draw fire for the rest of the team while taking out specific units or small groups on his own. As for his 3? No idea, really. People say they'd like it to be his Passive, yet I'd prefer his Passive to be his amount of castings making the energy regen in the Rift better for every enemy killed better. I'd say making it so his 3 is his true "Supportive" ability would be best. Allow it to increase Limbo's damage and his teammates protections, and it'd be fine in my book. Finally, for his Ultimate, just make it so Cataclysm forces loot to be pushed to the outer regions of the bubble, so teammates could still get it without dying instantly, at least having a better chance to survive due to such a thing. Maybe also making it so enemies that come into contact with Cataclysm are also stuck in the Rift until Cataclysm ends would be great, as having an enemy on the edge of the bubble constantly going between the Rift and our dimension is really goddamn tedious when you just can't kill them. 

Finally, please, just PLEASE let us change the overly bright, eye-melting white of the Rift and it's effects inside of it. I literally can't see half of the enemies in Cataclysm while playing with another Limbo.

Wow I trailed on and on, sorry about that, haha.

Limbo is a tough frame to wrap your head around. I'm in the same category as you probably, I understand but cannot implement effectively.  Right now I'm on a bend if playing my least played frames so u can get a better understanding of them. There's a lot more, that I don't play regularly, than I thought. Limbo is right up there in the 'not played' category.  I'll get to him though.  

7 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

As has had to be said many times by now, you're not using him right. Limbo is one of the strongest frames in the game, but he also has a very high skill ceiling. You need to be THINKING while using Limbo, using strategy, tactics, etc; you know, things that don't involve just pressing 4.

Limbo is a synergy warframe. Your build choices, your weapon choices, which powers you use and when and under what circumstances all matter when playing Limbo. Think carefully about all these things and practice and you will be able to find out what those of us who are skilled with Limbo already know.

But, if that's too hard for you, feel free to give up and go play Valkyr or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

People says the same thing about saryn since her rework. 
Now, to get her full potential you need weapons  and tactics. 
 You need to know how to mod her, when to cast her powers, when to use a power synergy, when to shoot, how to mod your weapons and what type of weapons make synergy with her kit. She is not that easy to use as she was before. But, no. Most of people (not everyone) as soon as they see that her 4 doesn't nuke whole rooms of high level mobs, they don't even use her again. Saryn is not perfect, but she is in the same place as Limbo (that's why I'm mentioning her). Maybe limbo could have some minor QoL changes, but he has amazing potential for endgame missions. But, as you said. if people can't find a way to play him, they better try the usual frames. (Ash, Valkyr, Nova, Trinity,etc...=

As a primary user of Limbo, I can safely say that he is responsible for setting the highest skill cap in the game of any and all frames.

One thing that is important to remember:

While he may not have direct output, Rift Surge is an incredibly powerful damage multiplier for any weapon you may be using. Synergies with Banshee, Nova, and any other frame with "debuffs" that apply to enemies to increase the damage they take.

The general idea is that you mustn't use Cataclysm outside of very specific situations. Some situations in particular being isolation of (or from) a high risk group or spiking power in Augmented Rift Surge when you are using high AOE output weapons that can effectively clear the group in one sweep (Specifically because his damage will plummet for every enemy that dies because of Rift Torrent's effect).

Remain Walked at all times unless you have need to grab loot in down times. Try to keep Surge applied at all times in higher levels so that, when necessary, you have it prepared for whenever you isolate a target with Banish.

Here's a few cases for Limbo's build and gameplay that may or may not be widely known.

•  Natural Talent is imperative. His cast times are absurdly long and NT will often stop that split second death that otherwise couldn't be avoided.
  • Every single one of Limbo's augments are useful. Some people may not be happy with being banished, but a quick tumble and a heal is something they shouldn't be complaining about.
  • Yes, big bubbles are nice. No, they are not necessary. Axe your range, the results outweigh whatever high range would do.
  • Avoid low efficiency but maximize your Duration.
  • Power Strength will only essentially scale your Rift Surge (and subsequent rift torrent stacks (200%+20% per rifted enemy at 100%). As such, you may maximize power strength, but you will be having steep energy issues because of the uptime you'll be needing on three abilities, possibly four if you're being a team player.
  • Limbo is designed to be squishy. There is literally no point to building any defensive stats on this frame. This doesn't mean that Walk makes you immortal, however. Be active, be mobile, be aware.
  • If you banish a target, kill it the moment you do. This earlier point is immediately in effect the moment there's an enemy in your plane.
  • Your job is thankless, your frame is hated because of perma-cata players. Try your best to play around the situations so that your effects only come out to positive. If they still complain, then they are beyond reason.

As such, there is also a list of people that play well with Limbo.

• Banshee: Being the precision damage buff frame, with her crit mults, a Limbo with a well modded sniper or bow can surge, walk, banish, and delete whatever it is at whatever level.
  • Nova: A standard debuff frame, no matter what Limbo does, his surge enjoys Nova's M-prime.
  • Ash: Less that he buffs limbo, more that Limbo makes him safe in his ridiculous outputs.
  • Equinox: Is, oddly, Limbo's best friend. Because Equinox can buff power-strength, it can help bring out a little more juice out of Surge. Because of Limbo's energy regen from banishes, Equinox can do much of what she does for free. She can sleep targets, generate mend stacks, generate maim stacks, enrage targets, even abuse Duality with impunity.
  • Vauban: Unsurprisingly, the frame that can move loot around where Cataclysm is a necessity can make the loot farm less frustrating for some people. Additionally, energy regen lets him keep some of his ball drops going. Bastille also plays well into that death-tap thing that a precision Limbo needs to slow his gameplay down for. Vortex is, if not used for greedy loot moving, useful for the AOE Limbo clear.
  • Saryn: A bit of extra safety for the toxic lady, viral procs to benefit everyone else. All of Saryn's abilities apply in or out of the Rift, with the exception of her Toxic Lash.
  • Nyx: Chaos to cut down on the risk of banish targets winging you. Loki with his Disarm augment may have the same effect, but an Augmented Chaos can be great for the long term.
  • Mag: Only in the cases of Rift Torrent users, she can easily mass Pull enemies into tight clusters in a cataclysm for a massive spike in your damage.

The above list is not exhaustive. All frames may work together, but expect a rougher time of team synergy.

As for team synergy in particular, most people look at this game as a solo content or an easy outcome where minimal interaction is necessary. Examples are large AOE users, Frost bubbles, Nova, Old G-Mag Mesa, people that perform in team situations with minimal effort. Limbo is -NOT- one of these frames. He requires explicit interaction by anyone he plays with. It is because of this that he fits within the team-play dream for people that actually interact with each other. Clans that do things together, groups of friends that speak on a consistent basis. While it may be harder to build a composition around a Limbo than it is to build a loose comp that can do anything, a Limbo comp can be extremely safe in the long run with proper communication.

Also, Limbo was the king of clearing Rathuum and Kela De Thaym event fights seamlessly without large damage AOE spams even before the nerfs to the executioners.

Edited by LeifKlover

My english isn't that good so I will be quick.

there are only 2 ways to play limbo.

1. No skill :Being Completely useless to the team, pretending you have skill. Basically staying in the rift the whole game, having less than 1/10 of kills the least place has and killing "priority targets" btw there are no priority targets when you are fighting lvl 100 and as limbo, everything is priority target cause you get 1 shot what ever you do unless you use quick thinking and even then it takes them 3 hits.

2. Some Skill(mainly movement control): Being usefull to the team and most of the time out damaging everyone, to do that you need rift surge augment, make the rift you home and use good AOE weapon and constantly using Cataclysm. to play this way is extremly hard cause he gets one shot most of the time so  you can't be on the ground, you have to keep moving, aim gliding and wall latching.

Which mission types he can do and can't you can try by yourself, btw for those that ever did sortie defense as limbo and pretend it took skill to do that are lying. the only thing they did was using No skill way to play. their only use was in those types of missions Staying invulnerable and having the defense target in the rift and reviving fallen teammates. oh and killing "priority targets" lol. the only way they could compete with their team mates in usefulness would depend on team composition, having nova would make their primary much more useful so they would be able to kill more than without her. if the squad had 1 s. symulor mirage then their existence in the squad is beyond useless. except reviving.

How you play depends entirely on you, just remember one thing. If you use first way to play do not pretend that it requires skill. then you are good to go.

in terms of build there is no magic really, as much duration as you can take, rift surge, quick thinking is the most important mod for limbo anything else is your choice. Having zenurik equiped would be a big plus, it would mean that your energy regenerates fast in addition to staying in the rift, with quick thinking it would mean that you have regenerating health.

I'm actually trying to play Limbo myself at the timm and he's not that bad. The issue with him is that he relies heavily on skills alone. Power efficiency, energy pool, cast speed - these things are your priority 1 when you play Limbo. Get stocked up on energy, then go on skill-spree never EVER leaving the rift and killing enemies 1 by 1.

I highly reccomend having Rage and Life Strike equiped. When close to death - press 2, 3, get your melee out, channel it, banish someone (banishing will knock them down) and then ground finish them to get your health back. After that - back to fire arms.

Otherwise - try to avoid damage all together and keep spaming 2 and 1.

He's actually fun to play when you figure him out, mostly because you are on verge of death all the damn time.

My only wish is that Limbo should take less damage while in the rift, like 25-50% .

15 hours ago, Vuli said:

My preferred build. Personally don't feel the need for massive amounts of duration, and playing Limbo without QT is....eh

taai4jQ.jpg

Why would you not go duration? Literally every single one of his abilities benefit from duration. Looking at your stats, you're focusing on efficiency, which is one of the last things you should focus on.

I play Limbo more than any other warframe and have done extensive testing with just about every build combo I could find. Going efficiency over duration is not the way to go. Going efficiency over duration only means that you'll be casting cheaper abilities, but more frequently. When his abilities all benefit from duration, that is just as good as efficiency. With your build, you'll have a Rift Walk that will last you about 36 seconds, and costs about 6 energy. With a duration build you can get about 63 seconds duration and costs about 10 energy to cast. You get the same amount of energy spent per amount of time in the rift, but you spend less time casting your abilities to keep you there. That means you have more time to do other things, like actually killing. You can spend an entire minute in the rift without needing to worry about recasting. Which means you really then don't even need natural talent because you'll be spending half the amount of time casting as you would without duration. Any time you have an ability that benefits from duration, then duration is usually more beneficial than efficiency for that particular ability. Since all of Limbo abilities are duration based, it just makes sense to go duration over efficiency. Plus with the addition of Constitution in the build, you have less vulnerability to being knocked down when you do pop out of the Rift, which can be a big risk for Limbo.

With the build I use, I get better duration (~212 I think) and better power strength (~200) for Rift Surge (5x multiplier).

Intensify (Max)
Blind Rage (Level 7)
Constitution (Max)
Quick Thinking (Max)
Narrow Minded (Level 5)
Streamline (Max)
Continuity (Max)
Primed Flow (Max)

Plus with Zenurik that I use that gives me another 4 energy regen (6 while in the rift), there is absolutely no need for energy efficiency.

Give the above build a try. I think you'll like it. Just my 2 cents anyway.