The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

3 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Andddd we've got a gfycat!

https://gfycat.com/FairFarflungAndeancockoftherock

Here is a version of the prototype with the base interaction of enemies being hit by Volt's Riot Shield while Speed is active.
Verdict: Very Satisfying/10.

Please, please tell me something has been done about the energy drain to make that work. I've never been able to get the riot shield to last that long, let alone move that far. It looks fantastic, but I'd like to be able to use it.

Just now, SylvenStar said:

Please, please tell me something has been done about the energy drain to make that work. I've never been able to get the riot shield to last that long, let alone move that far. It looks fantastic, but I'd like to be able to use it.

This indeed, to many drawback that discourage the use of MES... Also theres no colour in the middle 

2 minutes ago, SylvenStar said:

With such an epic knockdown-just-by-walking-past shield effect added.. the energy drain seems reasonable and make up for the imbalance imo. Besides, all you need is Primed/Flow with some efficiency.

Also, REAL RIOT SHIELD HYYYYPE

33 minutes ago, SylvenStar said:

I want to agree with you, I really do, but being as it is with revive being an interaction, it just... it makes things wonky a lot of the time. If revive could be altered somehow, then I'd be all for it. But too many times I've made it to an ally to revive them at the last second and because an interaction popped up and overrode revive, I couldn't save them.

Have you ever tried to revive someone, only to reload instead?  The answer is no.

Currently, interactable objects take priority over the inbuilt function of the context key (which is reloading.)  This change would not interfere with reviving teammates an any way.  

On the other hand, ziplines do interfere with reviving since they are also interactable objects; DE could stand to implement a more nuanced priority system to fix those interactions.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Just a heads up - we are experimenting with further tweaks to Volt which you can expect to come in a near deploy. More info to come once we have closer to final prototypes! Thanks for your patience, and more importantly thanks to those who provided detailed constructive feedback.

Finally!  This is excellent news!

I'm very happy that somebody waded into this soup, even if the broth has gotten quite salty.

And now for something totally different:

Is it just me, or is there something weird with the requirements to Volt's skillset?  You DON'T want Strength for his Discharge (seems to damage cap faster), it's meaningless to Electric Shield and basically not particularly useful on Shock (just because it seems like Shock doesn't do much of anything aside from a moment of stun), yet we stack 269% Power Strength to make Speed amazing.  This seems to be a point where old build logic needs to be reviewed, because hurting your ability to use any other moves just to utilize a signature of the 'Frame...

QoL complaints go here, blah blah...  Even if some of this QoL isn't JUST QoL (see; lack of synergy on a tactical 'Frame, synergy we are supposed to be trading damage to get).

Volt's base stats, specifically his Sprint Speed and Energy pool, are not QoL, they are life itself to the 'Frame.  I hope to hear that Volt is getting some love to these 2 stats.  Volt Prime has a good energy pool, but could also use some sprint speed love.  Basically, if we are gonna build for something other than Speed, we need the tools to do so.

Pssst:  Ball Lightning...

2 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Have you ever tried to revive someone, only to reload instead?  The answer is no.

Currently, interactable objects take priority over the inbuilt function of the context key (which is reloading.)  This change would not interfere with reviving teammates an any way.  

On the other hand, ziplines do interfere with reviving since they are also interactable objects; DE could stand to implement a more nuanced priority system to fix those interactions.  

Actually, yes. I have reloaded instead of reviving someone, though that is very rare and is not what I'm referring to. I have also ended up doing a security hack, hopping onto a zipline (as you said), picking up and dropping the ES several times, or dropping and picking up a module or other item. Anything that uses X to activate has, at some point or another, prevented me from reviving.

About Volt Speed dispel mechanic.

Backflip is a viable bandaid.

It's a mechanic slapped onto another mechanic neither made for neither fitting that role.
It can stop the flow of the game and however won't save you if you're going to try dodging a lethal attack.

Other possible solutions are:

► Keep the first dodgeroll to dispel speed; give it a window of opportunity, like the first 2 seconds; during these 2 seconds you are allowed to dispel Speed by dodgerolling, after that lapse and subsequent dodgerolls won't dispel speed, so you can still get advantage from both Speed Boost and Dodgeroll later.

In tiny situations it may however clash with Low Duration Speed. So the window of opportuinty needs a reasonable tweak.
However short Speed aren't made to last, so it wouldn't really be a problem.

Make Speed effects on teammates active only while Sprinting at will. Similar to how it works on Archwing Sprint (what actually is produced by holding sprint + jump). This way people who want to take advantage of it would have free will about it.

It can eventually clash with the Melee buff, but whatever teammates would often use speed for the movement benefit, not for the melee benefit, since many wouldn't even be focusing on a melee build.

To fix this then, make the Melee Benefit always active and the Sprint benefit on teammates only active when Sprinting.
The Volt would still retain the traditional Movement Benefit as it always worked.

PS: Don't forget Discharge damage cap, Shock interaction doing no damage and Electric Shield exaggerated drain.

Thanks for the attention.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

If many of the rediculous restrictions come off of Riot Shield, and if Speed is made more friendly to the rest of Volt's moveset, and if some love is given to normal Volt's energy pool (and perhaps both Volts' Sprint speed) THEN many of us will be significantly happier.

That won't help with all the problems, but it'd be an enormous part of the problem.

That aside, why limit the number of shields in the first place?  Isn't Riot Shield a likely anti-shield wall measure?  Just an honest question.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Andddd we've got a gfycat!

https://gfycat.com/FairFarflungAndeancockoftherock

Here is a version of the prototype with the base interaction of enemies being hit by Volt's Riot Shield while Speed is active.
Verdict: Very Satisfying/10.

I'd be happy with just a shock proc stun on shield when his 1 is cast. The running knockdown feels too Rhino to me

But i'll take it

Edited by Hypernaut1

40 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

Finally!  This is excellent news!

I'm very happy that somebody waded into this soup, even if the broth has gotten quite salty.

And now for something totally different:

Is it just me, or is there something weird with the requirements to Volt's skillset?  You DON'T want Strength for his Discharge (seems to damage cap faster), it's meaningless to Electric Shield and basically not particularly useful on Shock (just because it seems like Shock doesn't do much of anything aside from a moment of stun), yet we stack 269% Power Strength to make Speed amazing.  This seems to be a point where old build logic needs to be reviewed, because hurting your ability to use any other moves just to utilize a signature of the 'Frame...

QoL complaints go here, blah blah...  Even if some of this QoL isn't JUST QoL (see; lack of synergy on a tactical 'Frame, synergy we are supposed to be trading damage to get).

Volt's base stats, specifically his Sprint Speed and Energy pool, are not QoL, they are life itself to the 'Frame.  I hope to hear that Volt is getting some love to these 2 stats.  Volt Prime has a good energy pool, but could also use some sprint speed love.  Basically, if we are gonna build for something other than Speed, we need the tools to do so.

Pssst:  Ball Lightning...

4 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

If many of the rediculous restrictions come off of Riot Shield, and if Speed is made more friendly to the rest of Volt's moveset, and if some love is given to normal Volt's energy pool (and perhaps both Volts' Sprint speed) THEN many of us will be significantly happier.

That won't help with all the problems, but it'd be an enormous part of the problem.

That aside, why limit the number of shields in the first place?  Isn't Riot Shield a likely anti-shield wall measure?  Just an honest question.

Yes yes and YES 

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Im glad they got rid of that opt in pick-up. It affected way more players negatively than speed did to those vocal few that didnt like it for some reason.

Indeed, no ungrateful ragers will be getting the badboy buff today. Sorry Excali. Exausted Blade once again. xD

While I do admire the old Volt over the current one, I used to just have one build that would fit every ability. I'm a guy that loves to use all the abilities of every warframe that we are able to access. That's what I love. Now with Volt's recent changes. I have three separate builds.

-One for just his speed (To rush through stages).

-One for his Shield and ... Discharge (CC).

-And one for max strength and augment Shock Trooper to spam his first ability with (strength).

I miss being able to focus on all of his kit instead of having to only do with one or two abilities at a time.

Edited by zaxiade

6 minutes ago, zaxiade said:

While I do admire the old Volt over the current one, I used to just have one build that would fit every ability. I'm a guy that loves to use all the abilities of every warframe that we are able to access. That's what I love. Now with Volt's recent changes. I have three separate builds.

-One for just his speed (To rush through stages).

-One for his Shield and ... Discharge (CC).

-And one for max strength and augment Shock Trooper to spam his first ability with (strength).

I miss being able to focus on all of his kit instead of having to only do with one or two abilities at a time.

What changed, modding-wise?