Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

15 hours ago, FitzSimmons said:

my only idea for now is on combination of shield and shock, by default if you shoot through shield it boost 50% electric damage, with shock casted on shield if you put shock trooper augment on your build it makes electric shield boosts 150% damage from default 50% + from shock trooper 100%. and the bonus damage from shock trooper is scales with volt's power strength. that will make him really a warframe that enhance weapons. "synergy" right? besides, that way volt can take advantage of his shock trooper as well, not just allies.

and for shield pick up its better to have the size still as big as the original just like overwatch/paladins's tank fernando. its going to be really useful for hijack and sortie defense

if u want some defensive improvement, we should put it on Speed, give dodge treatment on Speed that works like mirage's Hall of Mirrors, Hall of Mirrors distracts and confuses enemies, but with Speed you need to keep moving, more power strength on volt will makes enemies miss their shot because, you know....he is too fast for them, zooming will reduce the dodge. 

because volt is...."you can do it? i can do it as well" warframe

That is a good idea. The more power strength you have on Volt, the more likely that attacks with miss with Speed. 

I also read this idea somewhere and I can understand if this is overpowered, but I would like Speed to grant the user faster knockdown recovery 

Edited by (PS4)CaptainIMalik

5 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

IIRC when volt received that function he received it too. And Frost Avalanche is much better than Discharge and doesn't even need mods to work. Go read on the wiki how much stuff does that ability do, and do you know that Discharge lasts always around 10 seconds or less depending on how much enemies are affected?

nope frost didnt received that function, tried it on void defense. augment mods exist for purpose, besides i dont need huge duration or huge power strength to make volt discharge does great job, all i use is balanced build. and its not depending on how much enemies are affected but on how much damage it deals. why do you even need more than 10s CC? and btw my discharge always last for 11s, if its less than 11s on some enemies thats because they're killed by discharge (mostly robotic enemies) or at least their health is critical. but when it comes to grineer its always 11s.

the only crappy thing discharge does compared to avalanche is it doesnt stun osprey

Edited by FitzSimmons

14 hours ago, FitzSimmons said:

umm not really? take frost, can he defense anything inside globe with AoE? nope. how long globe will last against 10 heavy unit that keep attacking the globe without recasting it over and over? well i introduce you to my electric shield. doesnt matter what level the enemies are or how high their damage is, its an invulnerable shield. oh dont forget about the bonus damage for critical type weapon. good defense while doing good offense :) 

what else? frost avalanche? i introduce you to my discharge, not just stunning i can regen my shield to overshield as well with my augment, so much better, delicious, more enemies = better regen :) 

what else? i can say more if i want to. 

Oh man, please do not try and say Volt is Frost's equal at what Frost does...it's like saying his "speed" and passive with Naramon make him Valkyr's equal at melee...just please don't even insinuate it.

People aren't clamoring for a Frost rework...

The simplest improvement tweak for Volt would be base speed to 1.1 and 100 more armor.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

5 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

The simplest improvement tweak for Volt would be base speed to 1.1 and 100 more armor.

He doesn't need armor, he has more shields than health and armor becomes useless on him, he dies with armor or not at the first gas bubble or with bleeding procs.

3 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

I'd like a rework at the level of Saryn, Excalibur and Limbo, especially Limbo is going to be pretty unique.

Originally Vol'ts rework was to put him on par with Excal but it doesn't seem the case.

I think the bar should be set on frost.

Saryn is great, but got a health nerf and her toxic lash ability should just be an exalted ability that covers your melee weapon, but works even if you dont have a melee weapon equipped.

Excal is great, but has/had a radial blind attached to his exalted blade that De decided they would charge players for, on every spin attack.

Some hardcore limbo fans have some fears.

But Frost is on a pedestal, his rework was the only one that left him without any limitations. The only thing taken away was snowglobes unlimited cast. But with 4 (16) casts left, it works just as good. But i guess its all just a matter of perspective... 

Some people like volt as he is and think that he is perfect

On 2/17/2017 at 10:41 AM, FitzSimmons said:

umm not really? take frost, can he defense anything inside globe with AoE? nope. how long globe will last against 10 heavy unit that keep attacking the globe without recasting it over and over? well i introduce you to my electric shield. doesnt matter what level the enemies are or how high their damage is, its an invulnerable shield. oh dont forget about the bonus damage for critical type weapon. good defense while doing good offense :) 

what else? frost avalanche? i introduce you to my discharge, not just stunning i can regen my shield to overshield as well with my augment, so much better, delicious, more enemies = better regen :) 

what else? i can say more if i want to. 

Frost avalanche can strip armor, snowglobe does block aoe, has a cc effect for enemies entering the bubble, blocks all directions instantly (for those not wall hugging or corner camping), and can have a lasting cc effect with ice wave impedance. Volt is phenomenal, and he is in my top frames list, but don't put him on par with frost when it comes to defense and cc. Volt has much better offense with a defensive aspect, thus making him a great, probably the best mobile survival frame. His rework made him that. Don't make volt anything else than what he was suppose to be. Volt is a great frame.

On 2/18/2017 at 10:26 PM, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Some people like volt as he is and think that he is perfect

well he is always like this and some people including me love him as he is and not he is not perfect but i can say he is in great place even DE did took away some good things from his powers. we didn't have big problem with volt pre-rework to want him to be something else, with the rework he is much better for us, especially on discharge, because capacitance works really good now. those who dont love him because he isnt killing machine warframe with huge damaging power like excalibur will always have problem with volt. 

5 hours ago, FitzSimmons said:

those who dont love him because he isnt killing machine warframe with huge damaging power like excalibur will always have problem with volt.

That's not the problem, with the rework several mechanics were introduced, overall Volt can be played 2 ways, Discharge based or speed based.

If you go for the power strenght the speed is nice but the shield becomes unusable by carrying because it just burns all the energy in a few seconds and also slows you, and Discharge is meh.

If you go for a Discharge based build the speed becomes not so effective and the way Discharge works suggests equipping fleeting expertise is a good choice because it lasts always around 10 seconds, but you end up spamming shield and speed a lot.

Also the synergies are: shock the shield to do extra damage with it but you don't because it costs too much and it slows you, and shock a target under Discharge to do a unnoticeable aoe burst which I don't notice visually and it's useless because the target it's already under CC and in any case shock is already aoe because it chains.

Basically the rework didn't address any of the issues outlined by the community and nerfed the number of deployable shields and its ultimate...

the only "upside" was that at last they did put an opt out for speed, after wasting a month trying to make the opt in with a pickup work, and making speed refreshable by recasting it while active.

Riot shield is unusable due to 4 different limitations, not even ivara's prowl is so encumbered and is a far better defensive ability with added benefits, while riot shield is mediocre.

Shock wasn't improved and got hit instead with an hidden cooldown that forbids to recast it quickly, while discharge has wonky mechanics due to damage cap, duration cap and unreliable propagation - on certain factions the stun lasts a few instants, on others the damage is nonexistant - the interaction with shock is worthless...

The passive makes no sense, in general Volt rework was wasted time and a slight to the community - please go and have a read of what was proposed and what was requested to getan idea - there were a lot of expectations, and the end result was disappointing as most changes were for the worst

7 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

If we have to compare warframes, then Nezha is Volt+, even his augment surpasses capacitance.

He isn't. Volt is a team buffer. He's not supposed to be the "speedy fast" frame for speedrunning and giggles. Nezha is more designed for that thanks to his 1, his 3 and his passive. Nezha's augments does not make Volt's strong support capabilities worthless in a single way.

2 hours ago, D20 said:

Nezha's augments does not make Volt's strong support capabilities worthless in a single way.

It is much stronger than overshields.

And his kit screws Volt's CC capabilities entirely, his 1 2 and 4 surpass Volt's CC, his 1 and 3 combo is a not indestructible speed riot shield that makes you immune and also CCs enemies in collision range and the ones you walk over with fire, his 4 is a simple version of Discharge that lasts almost twice as much and you can cancel for whatever reason.

Add to the mix Heals teleport and a good passive and it's done.

On 2/23/2017 at 0:25 AM, FitzSimmons said:

well he is always like this and some people including me love him as he is and not he is not perfect but i can say he is in great place even DE did took away some good things from his powers. we didn't have big problem with volt pre-rework to want him to be something else, with the rework he is much better for us, especially on discharge, because capacitance works really good now. those who dont love him because he isnt killing machine warframe with huge damaging power like excalibur will always have problem with volt. 

I have a problem with him because he is limited, his passive was implemented poorly, his synergies dont do anything, his ult is ground locked but the animation is the same, and he is cheesey.

1 hour ago, Ikusias said:

Nidus was also hit with the nerfhammer...

Yes but he's still super strong. And his 2 works better than Discharge.

And for the notice now Banshee Prime is faster than Volt.

Volt is not a good CC frame when CC is so common and easier to use in other frames.

Edited by giovanniluca