The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pls dont choose and use Frost if you cant keep your bubble up all the time in the first 20 waves!

G4d0

If you cant keep the bubble up in the 1st 20 waves, pls dont choose frost choose other frame instead. Dont just cast your bubble once and think ok i'm done my job. Thanks!

Edited by G4d0

4 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Not as bad as when a player puts a bubble up with the clear intent to play defensively... only to hike it over to the spawn door and sit there camping while a bunch of other enemies invade from the other spawn doors.

lol, yep. when I use Frost I never leave the pod, because I know that I'm the last line of defense against enemies who pass the other players, either through flanking or just not being killed right away by Bladestorm or some other skill.

not many frost know that you can also stack globes to create a more durable one, very handy on T4.

One problem is that DE did lots of patches on him, but the description is still the same.

I thought the bubble stacking fix was already there, but nope they refixed it. So I was not stacking bubbles for a fake reason... x)

At least they should put the patchnote on the launcher for EACH patch/hotfix, or in the lil useless console that talks about prime access and such in the liset

1 minute ago, trieuazn0 said:

as a common, t4 Defence Frost player, i just want to say.

if the Frost is using a black or dark energy Colour, they most likely don't know if the bubble is up or not. Just remind us forst players to slap one up again

as a big frost player:

thats rubbish you have a strength indicator over your icon/bubble marker. you keep an eye on that. :P 

Fair enough. How about this:

Don't choose Frost if ALL you can do is spamming globes all over the place, keeping your teammates from shooting the enemies. If you see a Vauban in an infestation mission then just let him handle the pod. Your 4 is there for a reason.

2 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

At least they should put the patchnote on the launcher for EACH patch/hotfix,
or in the lil useless console that talks about prime access and such in the liset

If you click on one of those entries, it'll open up the corresponding forum topic or whatever in your Browser.

3 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

thats rubbish you have a strength indicator over your icon/bubble marker. you keep an eye on that. :P 

This, very much.

3 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Maybe they don't want to be a one trick pony all day

Keeping one mission-success-vital ability active does hardly exclude you from using your other abilities / weapons
or even leaving the Globe to do whatever, just as long as you return in time to refresh it.

5 minutes ago, G4d0 said:

If you cant keep the bubble up in the 1st 20 waves, pls dont choose frost choose other frame instead. Dont just cast your bubble once and think ok i'm done my job. Thanks!

I understand what you're saying but I also don't like to lock frames into a specific role unless specified before.  For instance if a trin joins a group some people immediately assume an EV build but I love running a link build.  With frost I have a bubble build but I primarily play his CC icewave build.  Just because someone isn't playing "the meta" doesn't mean they're doing it wrong.  However if you brought a frost with and the frost understood his job was to keep that bubble up then yeah.....I completely understand.

10 minutes ago, trieuazn0 said:

if the Frost is using a black or dark energy Colour, they most likely don't know if the bubble is up or not. Just remind us forst players to slap one up again

It's kinda frost's job to look at globe's hp too tho

3 minutes ago, HEVCaliber said:

If you see a Vauban in an infestation mission then just let him handle the pod. Your 4 is there for a reason.

pfff chilling globe is still worth putting up in defensive areas for the freeze chance/ last line of defense if you vauban fails you.. 

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Keeping one mission-success-vital ability active does hardly exclude you from using your other abilities / weapons
or even leaving the Globe to do whatever, just as long as you return in time to refresh it.

Just because you pick Frost doesn't mean everyone else doesn't have to do their jobs. You can manage just fine for 20 waves without a globe.

12 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Maybe they don't want to be a one trick pony all day

but with a good armour/globe build you can still max out your strength and wreak havock with avalanche (and shooting etc) whilst topping up the bubble once in a while. theres no need to be a 'one trick pony'  you can do your job and run around and have fun as a frost. 

it's really not that hard at the end of the day. 

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Just because you pick Frost doesn't mean everyone else doesn't have to do their jobs. You can manage just fine for 20 waves without a globe.

^ So much this! The only thing globe does is make people lazy and reliant.

26 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Not as bad as when a player puts a bubble up with the clear intent to play defensively... only to hike it over to the spawn door and sit there camping while a bunch of other enemies invade from the other spawn doors.

I hate these idiots people...
And even if you tell them to stay at the pod, they are not responding -.- I dont even take any >mr14 to void defense missions anymore. because of this.

Edited by -S-O-Kranker

24 minutes ago, trieuazn0 said:

Good thing you have a health bar indicator for your globes.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

28 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

as a big frost player:

19 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

It's kinda frost's job to look at globe's hp too tho

5 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Good thing you have a health bar indicator for your globes.

as a regular frost player, that globe health indicator does bug out and lock, showing a false health percentage from time to time

edit: then again it does usually fix itself if you sit in your bubble like "a good little frost" and refresh your bubble frequently

Edited by Jakorak

Running over to the defense target and hitting 3 every once in a while doesn't make you a one-trick pony. If you're Frost, and you're on a defense mission, yes: your job is to keep a bubble over the defense target at all times. You can do whatever you want as long as the bubble is up. But if the bubble's hp is getting low, as indicated by the little % meter on your power bar, run back and recast it. Don't want for the dang thing to break completely.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

lol, yep. when I use Frost I never leave the pod, because I know that I'm the last line of defense against enemies who pass the other players, either through flanking or just not being killed right away by Bladestorm or some other skill.

not many frost know that you can also stack globes to create a more durable one, very handy on T4.

So much this. And sorry, other players, if you got in a fight you couldn't handle in the middle of a higher wave waaaay down the hallway, as Frost, I will not be leaving the pod unprotected to revive you just in time to fail the mission. Die closer to the pod, silly. 

18 minutes ago, HEVCaliber said:

Fair enough. How about this:

Don't choose Frost if ALL you can do is spamming globes all over the place, keeping your teammates from shooting the enemies. If you see a Vauban in an infestation mission then just let him handle the pod. Your 4 is there for a reason.

Yup. Blocked shots make sad Tenno. 

12 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

pfff chilling globe is still worth putting up in defensive areas for the freeze chance/ last line of defense if you vauban fails you.. 

Maybe. But sometimes this just blocks people from shooting down the enemies at the perfect choke points to efficiently kill them. You could instead use your 4th to slow the hoard and put up a oh sh* globe only if needed to kick the enemies out of an area, followed by using freeze to take it down once the situation is under control. Just my 2p. 

Avalanche and Ice Wave with Augment are rather nice with high Pwr Str and Range too. I'm forma'ing mine towards being an Ice Mage for sure.

As for Snow Globe, I'd like to see better HUD indicators be available to know what their Health actually is, not just a little Percent on the Ability's Icon, so some utility outside of Defense of a single item.

Details in spoiler:

Spoiler
  • First, Four spheres appear under the player health bars that would be colored blue when max globe health is full, and as it takes damage, fills with red (couldn't find a color appropriate example, but the green is health and the grey is the globe taking damage).
  • So recasting on a single globe would display a single radial, that instead of displaying a percent, it would show, on fully ranked (no mods) Snow Globe, '5K' so that if you over stack on one that goes to 10K, 15K, 20K and so on per usual mechanics.

1Ke935.gif2 Ke935.gif

3Ke935.gif4Ke935.gif

• Second, casting a globe, places a numbered blue icon on the map, similar to Atlas' Rumblers, and the number corresponds to one of the radial dials that show the health of the globes. That way up to four Globes can be easier to track.

Edited by SPARTAN-187.Thanatos

43 minutes ago, trieuazn0 said:

You have a health indication....just saying, I play frost as one of my primary frames and I don't even look at the bubble 1/2 the time I look at my indicator and judge based on enemy level how long I have before recast, when hitting 40+ I stay pretty glued to the pod  to make sure. Being a frost people should know their job if they know enough to cast it in the first place.

Edited by Echoa

46 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

as a big frost player:

like i said, as a common frost player, you cannot See the Bubble with a Dark Colour.

Also, the power indicator only shows for the last globe placed up, which will be a common thing when you are activly Reviving Hallway heroes or other players in the later Waves. please take other factors into consideration before informing other players

Edited by trieuazn0
Sounded abit Rude and insulting