Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

7 minutes ago, R34LM said:

I can agree with Astery. You don't see hockey players beating up the goalie to get them away from the goal. Sure, there are good goalies that need to be dealt with, but modern sports has shown that there are other was than to beat their eyes out.

I also have to speak to the fact that it is easy for the opposing team to exit the zone and reenter to get another goal. There should be a barrier that lasts for a set time or when the team throws the Lunaro out of the defense zone.

This isnt hockey and this certainly doesnt have the same rules as any other sport you can think of. And you cant honestly think that is a good comparison. The goalie literally just has to jump and hold right mouse. The ball is huge and a hockey puck is tiny. People are talking about sportsmanship? This is warframe not real life

Movement is terrible and contradicts every part of movement the game has taught us so far.

Passing is a joke. At no point can you really accurately pass as the pickup radius is so close and no kind of immunity of any kind is there to prevent your pass from being intercepted even if the person intercepting has no idea that they are. A pickup key is needed for any intercepting and receiving of the ball from a pass.

Attacking/tackling the ball from someone is very hit and miss. Sometimes I end up doing the slide tackle bit like I mean to and other times I'm left meleeing the air for no apparent reason. The ball tackling itself needs work as less than half the time I'll tackle someone and they won't lose the ball.

I just played a couple of games after the patch and even with 3v3 I feel like in the cartoons i'm at one end of the court and the action is happening at the other end and by the time I get to the other end they are now on the opposite side. I feel like i'm pulling a truck behind me when I'm playing which it makes it not very fun for me. I'm using Loki which is suppose to be one of the faster Warframes and yet I feel like I'm slogging in mud. I don't get the same feel of speed and movement that I do in the regular game and I don't understand why? The new mode looks great and I love the UI for it, but for me the speed is really holding me back, my FP is like between 150-200 so it's not lag.  

I'm getting the same here with the added addition that the ball itself keep apparently lagging. Everyone moves like normal and all that, but the ball will rubberband or teleport like magic.

Edited by Cortanis

-1: nezha are too op due speed, and i CAN'T against them!.

-2: everyone is too op, i can't AGAINST THEM!.

-3: trying to be goal keeper, but the lunaro is too fast for me to save it.

-4: i am more useful at pve, and i barely have any teamwork in pvp and this.

-5: i really hate pvp.

+1: i like the idea.

thats it.

i don't like pvp, it's even with good weapons, you still fail because your weapons are so weak, and other are so op.

Well my experience with Lunaro so far has been great. Me and my three friends join in on Lunaro, decide to try it out and all. None of us really had high expectations, we figured we wouldn't like it that much.

After a single game we all instantly fell in love with it and love the teamwork it promotes among us. We even assigned positions for each of our team members, working together constantly. We actually enjoyed it WAY more than we thought.

About our fourth or fifth game in red text appears, announcing Lunaro will be teams of three instead of four. Chat quickly turned from all praise and fun to basically giving up on Lunaro so that we don't leave out one person.

We don't plan on playing anymore due to that and we're hoping either DE changes the team numbers back or there is at least a mode where we can play Lunaro on teams of four. Until then I still like Lunaro and will just be another pub scrub. 

1) Remove the conclave restriction to invite people (you can't join friends lower conclave than you)

2) Reduce the stagger/knockdown, some people literally smash M1 & E just to annoy you and you can't do anything else than spam shift to roll out

3) Make the curve shot animation faster and the ball a bit faster aswell, right now this move is unplayable because you get knocked as soon as you start spining to throw the ball and a curve shot is mostly useless.

4) If you really want people to pass the ball, and I really mean IF, then remove the dash ability when you carry the ball just like you removed the bullet jump. Right now it's "catch the ball > dash > dash > jump & shoot > goal" and nobody care about pass because that way is very efficient.

5) make it so the game doesn't start until you have at least 2v2 players, either stay in lobby, or be on the field with the ball and once you get 4 players the real match start.

6) allow players to goal in their own goal. It may sadly lead to trolling but, right now people are shooting in their own goal to avoid the enemy geting a point.

7) fix the players being able (against their will) to pass the ball to someone behind them.

Edited by Trichouette

5 hours ago, Multicom-EN- said:

And also, being trollmashed is not fun. I mean being hit all the time by the same person who seems to find it fun keeping a player perma knocked down.
This needs to be fixed A.S.A.P!

We seriously need to do something about this stun locking or add a short cooldown to shoulder check/beat the crud out of opponent.

13 minutes ago, TheCakeIsAyLie said:

This isnt hockey and this certainly doesnt have the same rules as any other sport you can think of. And you cant honestly think that is a good comparison. The goalie literally just has to jump and hold right mouse. The ball is huge and a hockey puck is tiny. People are talking about sportsmanship? This is warframe not real life

Hockey and football/soccer are games too. I don't see your point. This is still a game, played by real people in real life, that deserves to be played with proper sportsmanship. The only difference is you don't actually have to be on the field; that's it. Throwing away sportsmanship just because "this is warframe" really sods your argument. 

So far my experience with Lunaro is okay at best. I say that mostly due to how it favors the player that is hosting the instance of Lunaro.

1) Immediately after picking up the ball, the player that is hosting the match will reclaim the ball back into their possession. 4 of 5 games I've played, you can immediately tell who is hosting when they're able to grab the ball when it's already in your possession.

2) The constant E mashing when grouped up, needs to have something in place to prevent you from getting stun locked and the constant checking is a bit of an annoyance.

3) May want to reduce the floaty feel of the ball, it can fly for quite some time when someone throws it straight up or a really high arching throw.

4) Having an arrow pointing where the ball is at is very disorienting, and should be more refined to taking up less space that is within the view of the warframe instead of having it along the outer reaches of the screen.

Edited by SurrealEdge

5 minutes ago, SigmaLambdaOmega said:

We seriously need to do something about this stun locking or add a short cooldown to shoulder check/beat the crud out of opponent.

Definitely. Stunlock if you check another player. No stunlock if you check the ball.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Maybe add the fault & penalty rules...

Too much attacking & checking those who dont possess the ball will give them penalty, maybe even kick them from session, or reduce their conclave standings.

Yes, a penalty box that it puts you into if you check to many people to fast it would put you in there for 30 seconds.

My personal suggestions for improvement:

-The base movement speed needs to be a bit faster, because it currently feels too slow for this kind of game mode.

-Stun-locking needs to be dealt with, but I'm not really sure how it can be dealt with. All I can say is that it's an issue.

-The ball needs to be a little less floaty. I know it was designed for it to be floaty, but it feels a little too floaty currently.

-There's a bit of a lack of teamwork. Maybe tweak some things to make it more rewarding when playing as a team instead of everyone just scrambling for the ball?

-The right-click hover is a little too short, maybe increase the duration of it by a second or two?

-Bullet jumping to catch a ball is really inconsistent. Sometimes you catch it at the end of the bullet jump, but at other times, at the end of it, it still won't let you catch it.

Lunaro really has a lot of potential to be a really competitive and fun sub-game, and I really want to see it succeed. I can't wait to see this game mode become a success.

The dashing! Oh dear Lord Gaben the dashing. Basically saw another player go 1 v 2 because they kept spamming E or M1 and then dashing towards us or into the air so we could not reciprocate, honestly I felt like the kid who runs back and forth in the court with no hope of catching up to Mr. Dashing. Either have a tutorial explaining that move, or remove it entirely. Also perhaps a more visible HUD icon or something letting you know if you actually have the Lunaro, as currently your M2 button shines the same color as your team's. So it is hard to tell which one of us in the pile of bodies smashing E actually has the blasted thing.

Team swap. Team balancing, etc. These things are secondary but no less important. Can't really play with clan members atm, More often than not we end up on opposing teams.

Fantastic idea, not a horrible execution. Just needs some better HUD/visual indicators, and to fix the dashing. Perhaps balancing it by increasing movement speed slightly.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will admit it is kinda hard to quit my bullet jump muscle memory from PvE so as to not drop the Lunaro. So many fumbles due to that, however that's on me.   

The idea is awesome, makes me actually want to play Conclave. But some criticisms:

- movement feels slow/sluggish and restricted

- hard to know who my team mates are

- parkour movement is limited

- cooldown on stunlock

- sound or indictator for getting the Lunaros ball 

It's a good PvE alternative to the PvP in Conclave but it just needs some tweaks to stop trolls and abusers.

Lunaro is a pretty great idea and so far it looks like a solid base idea. There's some things that need to be ironed out though.

First of all, the matchmaking system is seriously clunky. We need a way to force the matchmaker to assemble 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 teams entirely before launching the game. Maybe add a little "practice mode" while we wait for teams to assemble completely. It makes no sense why in the middle of a match you suddenly find that the host team suddenly becomes a 2v1 or 3v2.

Also, It seems strange that once a goal is made that player positions don't reset. Maybe this is just a personal opinion, but it's odd that you need to "Clear the area" manually when it just makes more sense to reset positions entirely after you have your animated replay of a goal.

Also personally...and I don't want to draw attention to other games....but I would much prefer a camera angle where the main focus is on the ball and not my character. I can see why we wouldn't get this if we wanted to preserve some sort of feel to the game or whatever but to me it would help with strategizing a bit.

Lastly....I'd love a more obvious way to distinguish my own team from the enemy team. Maybe I'm not used to conclave but in a game as fast paced as this (debatable after this recent parkour nerf) I found no obvious way to distinguish who was on my team. Wish I could have some kind of colored aura around my team mates or my opponents.