Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro Ki'Teer 17/06/2016 and Primed Pressure Point [Megathread]

iwoply

DE kinda lost me. Don't get me wrong-i love to see new stuff that actually good, but with DE's mindset of "We want to remove flat damage\mandatory mods" and after that they release a PRIMED flat damage mod...da hek? Why? You wanna keep primed mods? Of you expect us to rank up that mod so after a
month or two you gonna remove that? You should remove mandatory mods, but you release a primed mandatory mods instead, dafaq DE

The scaling on PPP makes no sense. I've already gotten it to rank 6, and its only giving me a 105% damage boost when a fully modded standard Pressure Point at RANK 5 gives me a 120% damage boost.

Primed Point Blank doesn't suffer from this BS, so what gives?

3c52908834.jpg

Edited by Alma_Elma

3 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

That's the point... why put a new mod like this if they'll remove it and struggle to compensate us with fuse core and stuff.

Sorry I complain over stuff whether it's OP/useful or not, I like balance and logical stuff.

Like why on earth are crit weapons able to reach 300% crit chance while non crit weapon can't deal with any grineer above lvl 100

That's like saying "why can't Seer kill level 100?" or "why can't boltor p kill level 300?"

There's kind of a point to items being high end game gear. I'm not going to take a MK-1 Braton to a Sortie, even if it manages to kill things.

1) Damage 3.0 is still a long way away. They already feel as though they have to compensate us for any mods they remove, so what difference does one more make?

2) Primed Mods are intended for veteran players with excess resources. If it were even 10% better than regular Pressure Point, it would *still* be an improvement, and at that level, you're looking to squeeze out every last drop of optimisation. Therefore, it's perfectly fair for what it is. 

4 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Then complain about why primed pressure point only gives +45% more damage at max rank.

Honestly I hate the whole idea of primed mods, but this one is the cherry on the cake for being against what DE is trying to work for.

3 minutes ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

Of you expect us to rank up that mod so after a
month or two you gonna remove that?

Prepare to get fusion cores compensation and never hear about these credits & ducats ever again :D

2 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

That's like saying "why can't Seer kill level 100?" or "why can't boltor p kill level 300?"

There's kind of a point to items being high end game gear. I'm not going to take a MK-1 Braton to a Sortie, even if it manages to kill things.

Great so we should just forget that all non-crit weapons exist and just ignore all new weapons like dark split sword that can't be played because it cannot crit.

Edited by Trichouette

2 minutes ago, ndantony said:

Nice.

Take that Primed Pressure Point and with Primed Fury in next few day = Super-Saiyan-Jin-Warframe!!

I haven't really tried it, does Fury work with Berserker? Or do they nullify or reach a cap?

Just now, Trichouette said:

Honestly I hate the whole idea of primed mods.

I like it when you can progress and get enough resources that you can max mods to get stronger. I only don't really like primed heated charge which forces secondaries more or less to use it if you don't want to lose damage.

2 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

The scaling on PPP makes no sense. I've already gotten it to rank 6, and its only giving me a 105% damage boost when a fully modded standard Pressure Point at RANK 5 gives me a 120% damage boost.

Primed Point Blank doesn't suffer from this BS, so what gives?

this is why im not buying stuff from baro yet, waiting to see if they'll change things up, cause other than the primed pressure point, im pretty sure the prisma edo armor was just here a couple of rotations ago

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Honestly I hate the whole idea of primed mods.

Prepare to get fusion cores compensation and never hear about these credits & ducats ever again :D

Great so we should just forget that all non-crit weapons exist and just ignore all new weapons like dark split sword that can't be played because it cannot crit.

All I'm getting from you is that you're being very anal about crit based weapons. You legitimately sound upset by this.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

I like it when you can progress and get enough resources that you can max mods to get stronger. I only don't really like primed heated charge which forces secondaries more or less to use it if you don't want to lose damage.

First, yes this, it's bad when it's forced to be used, but my main problem is the "it takes twice what a rare mod lvl 10 needs to be maxed" part.

It totally disrupt the scaling.

But that's not the point of the thread :p

Just now, Varacal said:

this is why im not buying stuff from baro yet, waiting to see if they'll change things up, cause other than the primed pressure point, im pretty sure the prisma edo armor was just here a couple of rotations ago

It was actually in his last visit. I'm legitimately surprised it was for sale.

I was expecting the primed Eos set instead.

Just now, Varacal said:

cause other than the primed pressure point, im pretty sure the prisma edo armor was just here a couple of rotations ago

The exact same prisma edo sets were on sale last fortnight 

1 minute ago, Zahnny said:

I haven't really tried it, does Fury work with Berserker? Or do they nullify or reach a cap?

Good question.

I didn't think there is any cap, or that I know of (or paying enough attention to it)... otherwise, we may give DE idea to nerf it. Lol.

Just now, DeMeritus said:

Primed Damaged Pressure Point is kinda meh, really.

It's 'meh' that's better than Pressure Point when maxed though.

It comes down to whether or not you have the resources to max and use it. If you do, it's an improvement, and if you don't the regular Pressure Point is better.

That sounds like a more fair approach to me rather than just flat power creep.

It's perfect. mele weapons does not only have really low cost mods but they also have increased capacity with the stances and we have things like Nikana prime with outstanding base damage and bloodrushcount, WHY do you think Prime ppoint should be like ppointblank, melee does not need more damage,

PPP was a bit unexpected, but welcome.

It's not hugely better than PP, but it is better. Also, remember that it scales all damage modifiers you add in addition to it. Combined with the Acolyte mods, it's a big deal if you use melee to any degree at all. This is one of those mods that you either max it or forget it.

Oh, and Fury does work with Berzerker. Whether you have room or actually want to use it is a judgement call, but they do stack. As they do with Warcry...