Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on new Launcher and 'Mission Complete' music?

creepercola106

So as you may know, the launcher has gotten new music (when it finishes updating) as well as the 'Mission Complete' screen. Most of my clan aren't impressed by it, and I just wanted to know what everyone else thought about it. Good? Bad? Meh?

Personally, I don't really like it. Might just be I'm not used to it, but it sounds kind of dumb to me? I don't know.

And, I know that this has been addressed by a few others in the community. I was originally going to post what I thought about it in the Feedback area but saw that there were already threads on it. So I decided to see what everyone thought in the salty realms of General Discussion. A mod can move this if it really is in the wrong place, though.

The music definitely has a sporty air to it, which fits the Lunaro theme. Hence why I thought it was a bug when I completed a mission and hear a very proud cheer to the music.

It's very jarring, because Warframe is overall a dark story with bleak atmosphere.

I dont like how we cant really change how loud the launcher music if we're too slow (inb4 im stupid). I could deal with the old launcher music cus it was fast but the new one just makes me S#&$ myself. Can't say much about the mission complete sound cus i have in game music all the way down.

I think it sounds pretty awesome on the Launcher, and IMO matches pretty well with the whole feeling behind Lunaro.

The end of mission music sounds pretty sweet as well, but it sounds a bit out of place. More like an open fields fantasy adventure than a futuristic sci-fi setting. It sounds great, but just seems in the wrong genre.

Launcher sound: It's ok, falls into the theme of Lunaro.

Mission complete sound: Over the top, I prefer the old one since it matches the BGM of most levels. The new one feels too differently themed. 

I think it fits with the game IF and WHEN the player completes second dream since its a Second Dream variant song. Kinda like uplifting and building towards "The War Within" Which I imagine will have more songs similar to this one, and Second dream theme. I look forward more to this building of a proud, and honorable warrior race as they find themselves once more, and unleash their true power to keep the sol system safe! They are guardians, and as such should have amazing music to fit with it after finding their true selves.

edit: it could also be the victory song to more advanced missions, or strictly Quest related missions.

Edited by Arlayn

Just now, VampirePirate said:

i don't like it.  Ruins the space ninja feel.

You forget your also a Space Warden, Guardian, warrior, War Hero, Emperor Slayer... Jet pack flyer, clan builder, council meeting, fashion crazy, free willed, Space Ninja... so.... I don't think we should stick to just space ninja related music...

Just now, Arlayn said:

You forget your also a Space Warden, Guardian, warrior, War Hero, Emperor Slayer... Jet pack flyer, clan builder, council meeting, fashion crazy, free willed, Space Ninja... so.... I don't think we should stick to just space ninja related music...

So i don't have a right to express why I don't like it?  Is that what you mean?

I'm only going by my impression of the game, not yours.

1 - the Launchers' sounds are just annoying, i don't want any sounds at all, so i have the Launcher permanently muted either way.

2 - every time i complete a Mission, it's Lunaro! i don't really understand why Lunaro sounding music plays after every successful Mission. i haven't heard the failure Music yet.
personally though, i don't want any sounds when i complete or fail a Mission. i'd prefer quiet. if i could opt out of them entirely, i would.

18 minutes ago, VampirePirate said:

I'm only going by my impression of the game, not yours.

Warframe has never actually been about 'Space Ninja' - you can perceive it that way, but it's only a small fraction of what Warframe presents.
i don't really like that most people completely ignore most of what the game presents them. so much of the game doesn't fit those two words - but that's okay since it fits the actual intended style of the game fine.

i don't really know where i was going with this.

the new sound made me mute the launcher. i like the theme but it's too loud for the launcher and inappropriate for endmission screen (what we had before matched the darkness of warframe much better imho). the theme is great for lunaro tho but overusing it all over the place won't make me like it more. quite the opposite. thnx for the music volume slider.

to mute the launcher:

1. Start Warframe launcher

2. Right click the speaker icon in the system tray
3. Click "Open Volume Mixer"
4. Find the application (Warframe) you want to mute  (ingame sound is unaffected since it's actually a different app)
5. Turn the volume of the app down with the slider (or mute it)
6. Play

windows will remember the setting if you do this once.

i think/hope the launcher music will change with the next update tho to match it's theme. 

Edited by ..atom..

I agree with the majority here,,, the end-of-mission music feels out of place, not fit for the dark atmosphere of the game.

Overall, I think they should not overuse the Second Dream theme, or they'll spoil it

55 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Warframe has never actually been about 'Space Ninja' - you can perceive it that way, but it's only a small fraction of what Warframe presents.
i don't really like that most people completely ignore most of what the game presents them. so much of the game doesn't fit those two words - but that's okay since it fits the actual intended style of the game fine.

i don't really know where i was going with this.

Then perhaps you should stop, because i don't know where you are going with this either... besides derailing the thread and taking my comments way out of context.

Bottom line is, I don't like the new music that sounds when a mission is complete.

My only issue with the launcher theme is that its a bit long, the old was short enough that by the time it was finished, you were clicking the play button.

I'm sort of torn on the mission complete theme, I really like the second dream theme, but I feel like the current mission complete theme should be saved for more important missions, like completing the final sortie mission of the day or the final mission as part of a questline for example.

It's the Lunaro update, if the music switches with the updates I think the launcher if fine. It is kind of cheesy, but Lunaro is on the cheesier side of Warframe so it is cool as a temporary thing.

However, I agree with the "end of mission is too cheery" stuff.