Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did DE say when spectres of the rail is coming out?

DoubleTheQ

Question

25 answers to this question

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

During the last Devstream, they said it would be at the end of June, presumably ~June 29.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if it gets pushed back though. Seemed like it was still pretty rough.

A delay for Specters of the Rail means a delay for the War Within. This would just be incredibly disappointing.

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

A delay for Specters of the Rail means a delay for the War Within. This would just be incredibly disappointing.

War Within has already been pushed until after Tennocon, which is pretty much the ultimate disappointment for me.

That was pretty much *the* deadline to push for -- get it out so you don't have that weighing on you during the convention, and so you can openly discuss the things that are revealed. 

I expect Specters of the Rail teasers to start showing up next Monday through Wednesday with the update hopefully Wed night or Thurs afternoon (depends on delay, Prime Time might be cancelled). So it's in the week for Devstream 77, where the devs play through some of the changes and talk about Tennocon and what's installed for War Within.

We'll probably only get more hotfixes this week with the team full steam ahead for SoR's release.

Edited by PsiWarp

48 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

What boggles my mind about this website is the utter lack of any actual teasers. They should be able to release some sneak peaks about the content they're planning to release to...you know, tease us about what's in-store for us.

It shouldn't be "locked", it just gives off the impression that DE still has no concrete idea what they're gonna send out to us when their time frame is this close. That's like creating a demo for your game and you're just showing the title screen.

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

War Within has already been pushed until after Tennocon, which is pretty much the ultimate disappointment for me.

That was pretty much *the* deadline to push for -- get it out so you don't have that weighing on you during the convention, and so you can openly discuss the things that are revealed. 

24 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

What boggles my mind about this website is the utter lack of any actual teasers. They should be able to release some sneak peaks about the content they're planning to release to...you know, tease us about what's in-store for us.

It shouldn't be "locked", it just gives off the impression that DE still has no concrete idea what they're gonna send out to us when their time frame is this close. That's like creating a demo for your game and you're just showing the title screen.

^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

IMHO DE's attempts at 'hype' sites are largely exercises in failure, whether we are talking about past or present =/

i fully expect part 2 to be delayed upto the last day of june if not going into july, and then part 3 will probably be late july {'after tennocon' is basically ANYtime after, ie weeks}

FWIW however i think DE is more concerned with making sure that U-20 can land b4 the holidays, so i would not be surprised if the current scheduling issues are compounded by other/larger projects that are still behind closed doors [remember that in software development uv got overlapping timelines, and everything is not sequential, sometimes you are working on a project that is not due until much later in the year, its all about the specific job/tech availability]

however, if the delays from 18 and now 19 end up screwing up 20 and pushing it past the new year, i will most definitely be disappointed with DE at large, since that will only be continuing the trend we have seen with their updates growing further and further apart ; back in the day we thought that 3-4 major updates a year was getting sparse, but more and more its looking like we are moving towards a future with only 2 updates per year =[ 

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

5 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

And now the situation feels worse. The final hour of TennoCon is TennoLive 2016 and I sincerely wonder what exactly is going to be discussed that hasn't already been. 

8 hours ago, Alma_Elma said:

Dark souls 3 did the same thing. They locked off their teaser sites teasers until certain dates. It's dumb, but I don't think is a sign of falling behind the deadline.

7 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

And now the situation feels worse. The final hour of TennoCon is TennoLive 2016 and I sincerely wonder what exactly is going to be discussed that hasn't already been. 

Perhaps they'll show off a sneak peek video we haven't seen yet? Idk. Someone ask steve when frost gets his physics

11 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

Dark souls 3 did the same thing. They locked off their teaser sites teasers until certain dates. It's dumb, but I don't think is a sign of falling behind the deadline.

With the number of delays DE has been experiencing with U19; this method isn't helping to placate our concerns. This is looking less like DS3 and more of MN9.

Edited by Alma_Elma