Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Warframe for a beginner?

(PSN)Nightsplit

Question

19 answers to this question

Ash is a pretty good frame to have early on, he offers good utility (Smoke Bomb to get out of a bad situation, Shuriken to kill light mobs / easy bleed proc / Teleport for easy finishers)and BS is basically an "I win" button until they rework him, aside from that once you get more mods later in game his builds become a little more flexible and you can make a respectable cloak out of smoke bomb (The Smoke Shadow aug also goes nicely with this build) or make BS more than it needs to be.

You're sadly asking a somewhat difficult question here as there is hardly a "good warframe for Beginners" or... a good warframe in generall as they are slowly reaching a state of Balance. I personally wouldn't recommend Zephyr, hydroid, limbo or as much as i like them Oberon or necros till you reach the Endgame as these Frames have MASSIVE issues in theyr Kits but everything else is good to go. Good is what you're able to play with.

The real question is rather: what is your preference so far? One could recommend you Frames based off that ?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Ash is a nightmare to farm as a new player, and is next in line to be nerfed, anyway.

If you're not looking to buy a frame for platinum and just want to get one via gameplay, start with Rhino (kill Venus boss - Jackal). 

It's a solid starter frame with good survivability, some buffs and CC, and it will easily last you through the entire solar system exploration. After completing the star chart (finishing all planets) you will probably have a better idea which gameplay style suits you the most and will be able to decide which frame you want next (Frost for Defence/Excavations, maybe a Trinity if you like to play support/healer, and so on). 

Rhino and Valkyr are the popular choises for new players as they're tanky and easy to use. You can get Rhino on Venus's boss and Valkyr on Jupiter's boss. I also recommand Mag, you can get her from Mars's boss.

I would recommand also farming the void, just do random missions. It will give you prime gear so you can sell it to players for platinum. With platinum you will buy weapon slots and warframes slots so you can have more of them.

Which gameplay style suits you? Prefer tank, support, stealth, etc?

As Reifnir stated, Rhino's a pretty good starter frame, and will get you through enough content so you can start getting more (leveled) mods, which will make the other  frames much more viable and enjoyable.

It got me through the entire star chart and most of the void with just a reactor on it, back when I started playing.

Well depending on how much of the star chart you have unlocked decides who you can go for but here are a few suggestions.

Rhino- his parts drop from Venus boss and he can take you deep into the game overall. His playstyle might get old though but he can survive as he is a tank.

Mag- her parts drop from the Mars boss and since her rework she is more rounded and can fight all factions now. Her downside is survivability but a fun frame for using abilities.

Hydroid- his parts drop from Earth boss. The fight to get him can be tedious and long so you want to farm him in a group. Most players don't like him but a well built Hydroid with                 syndicate mod makes farming easy.

Valkyr- her parts drop from the Jupiter boss and she is well worth the time. Besides her high armor and survivabiity with her fourth ability basically making her invulnerable.

These are just a few based on the early planets that unlock easiest.

Absolutely rhino. 

He has survivability and insane utility. His stomp deals respectable damage to the entire star-chart, and once you get higher with him he becomes the best utility frame around who can offer really good CC and buffs. He is also easy to get (the prime less so now but eh).

Like others, I would recommend getting a Rhino or Valkyr - They are sturdy, and hardy, and practically immortal (at least until sorties). The good thing is that they are very easy to stay alive with, which means that when you get carried to more difficult missions, you won't be dead all the time - and "not dying all the time" might not be as good "being able to carry your own weight", but at least it's a lot better than "being a hindrance to the team".

When you have time (and a few essential mods, namely, transient fortitude and fleeting expertise and some other basic mods), I recommend getting yourself Trinity. Even if your weapons aren't up to the task at hand, a lot of groups are willing to take you along if you can handle pressing "2" for the next half an hour (depending on the mission, obviously) - Yes, it's boring, but it's an easy way to get included in efficient grinding for valuable stuff, which in turn you can either build, or sell for plat.

Edited by Tomppak

Welp, since evryone recommends rhino... if you're in a clan, ask if someone has a spare nezha or parts. Essencially the same Frame with Heal instead of damage Support just MUCH faster what's nice on its own :0

Dropps in sorties, evry Veteran gets them, noone rly buys them anymore. Therefore quite the nice Gift for Beginners! I have a spare System, anyone else wanna participate?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

15 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Welp, since evryone recommends rhino... if you're in a clan, ask if someone has a spare nezha or parts. Essencially the same Frame with Heal instead of damage Support just MUCH faster what's nice on its own :0

Dropps in sorties, evry Veteran gets them, noone rly buys them anymore. Therefore quite the nice Gift for Beginners! I have a spare System, anyone else wanna participate?

nezha's building requirment ia really steep though

40 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Essencially the same Frame with Heal instead of damage Support just MUCH faster what's nice on its own :0

Nezha costs significantly more in resources (which is still a factor for new players) and is less useful in groups. Wouldn't recommend in any quality other than mastery rank fodder. 

Ressources you get spammed with o.O the only thing outa the ordinary is the Argon Crystal and these dropp plenty in t1's.

Like rhino is that much better in a group... even worth Bringing over a Meta frame. Didn't See any of these listed. It's his iron Skin and ult that makes him good for Beginners and he shares these with nezha, a Frame which has much better mobility, ability damage, survivabilty (again, heals, in a point of the game where life Strike and weapon auguments are difficult to get and dangerous to use) and light CC.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

This has already been answered somewhat but for other begginers who may have clicked on,  Do as these guys suggest and get in a squad for some boss runs,  Rhino, mag, hydroid,  Valkyr,  it can happen pretty fast,  next thing you know you have two frames in the oven and you're counting down the days till it's ready! Take your new frame out and level it up grinding low level missions while picking up plastids or whatever for your next frame. It can be a lot of fun once you find a few frames that suit you. If you feel like sending some cash to the devs for a good game, I bought nyx and she's been my favorite frame by a landslide. ymmv. (I have Valkyr, Mag, Volt, inaros, ivara, excalibur, and messa and nearly finished hydroid)

Edited by TobiasReaper87