Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parasitic Eximus need nerf

xmegarockx

today sortie 1 i almost trow my keyboard because those parasitic eximus drained my energy too fast and my energy sypon didnt work at all

add LOs to parasitic eximus i im tyred of getting all my energi wiped in seconds, they drain ur energy throught walls and thats is op seriously nef them.

The problem isn't so much that they need to be nerfed, it's that there needs to be LESS of them. EVERY Infested unit has a parasitic exmius variant, and several of them have parasitic as their ONLY eximus type (namely all of the light infested: Crawlers, Chargers, and Leapers). Or, if we're not going to reduce their numbers, then reduce their capability to stack their auras.

This gets really problematic in infested eximus stronghold sorties, but to say that parasitic eximus as a whole should be balanced around a single sortie condition (unless it's in the form of stacking reduction, which primarily affect just that) is rather silly.

Edited by Tails-san
Turns out the auras already don't stack.

16 minutes ago, Tails-san said:

The problem isn't so much that they need to be nerfed, it's that there needs to be LESS of them. EVERY Infested unit has a parasitic exmius variant, and several of them have parasitic as their ONLY eximus type (namely all of the light infested: Crawlers, Chargers, and Leapers). Or, if we're not going to reduce their numbers, then reduce their capability to stack their auras.

This gets really problematic in infested eximus stronghold sorties, but to say that parasitic eximus as a whole should be balanced around a single sortie condition (unless it's in the form of stacking reduction, which primarily affect just that) is rather silly.

What do you mean by stacking auras? Do you just mean killing one when another is also in range that just keeps draining energy?

Energy Leeches/Parasitics units are capable of draining players' energy within 15 meters at the rate of 5s−1(non-stackable effect).

1 hour ago, xmegarockx said:

today sortie 1 i almost trow my keyboard because those parasitic eximus drained my energy too fast and my energy sypon didnt work at all

add LOs to parasitic eximus i im tyred of getting all my energi wiped in seconds, they drain ur energy throught walls and thats is op seriously nef them.

I agree, to an extent... The Parasitic Exiumses themselves is not what needs to be nerfed... its that when you look at the infestation, 10% of them are Moas and Ancients, the rest of crawlers, leapers, chargers, ect... Out of the possible Eximus those enemy times could spawn as... they can ONLY spawn as Parasitic... meaning, that 90% of the enemies will spawn as Parasitic. This is a perfect example for my other post, 2 mechanics that works great by themselves, but fail to do so together.

yeah the eximus strongholds are bad when playing against infested

i ended up defaulting to a grace arcaned inaros as my 0 energy tank to get through it

given DE seem so intent on nerfing war-frame abilities by making em LoS based do the same for these auras and it might feel a bit more balanced

Energy Drain is just a cheesey counter to cheesey tactics for other cheesey counters and so on. The "balance" of this game just results in a steadily declining fun factor.

Things are nerfed to "make sense" like LoS Blind but then enemies don't play by the same rules. Excal gets fallout on EB but Stalker doesn't. Frame abilities are left unaffected by stats that should work to avoid balance problems (Volt's Discharge, Effect Duration not affected by Power Duration). You can't gain energy through ticks during a channel ability but you can loose it.

They just cherry pick.

Infested Eximus isn't hard you just have to use the right frame/weapons. That's how this game works these days.

Edited by Xzorn

the only thing that i call BS on is how each time theres an "Eximus Stronghold" condition  one might as well replace it with "No Energy" because 90% of the eximus that spawn are energy drain ones 

Is this really a problem?  The only time it's really a bother is during the eximus stronghold sortie for infested.  It's a one time mission and you won't see that configuration again for quite a while.  What's wrong with some of the stuff in occasional sorties being a little broken?  Most of the infested sorties are a total cakewalk.  The level 100 defense mission after that survival was a joke.  Let them have the one thing that is even a little challenging.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

Is this really a problem?  The only time it's really a bother is during the eximus stronghold sortie for infested.  It's a one time mission and you won't see that configuration again for quite a while.  What's wrong with some of the stuff in occasional sorties being a little broken?  Most of the infested sorties are a total cakewalk.  The level 100 defense mission after that survival was a joke.  Let them have the one thing that is even a little challenging.

it was 100% broken and was not fun at all even son all parasitic eximus unit need LOS from now on because they are to op.

6 minutes ago, xmegarockx said:

it was 100% broken and was not fun at all even son all parasitic eximus unit need LOS from now on because they are to op.

It's not broken, you just didn't know how to deal with them.

It's a specific mission where you need to change accordingly, that's why it has conditions, it's a challenge, it's not your random mission.

Bring something that can kill them fast or effectively. You don't have? Keep your distance so they don't drain. You can't? Keep training your movement skill, learn the layout of the maps, work towards some weapons that can help you kill those better, etc. (I'm not implying these are your problems, I'm just stating possible problems)

2 minutes ago, xmegarockx said:

Keep in mind I'm not talking about parasitics in normal missions, that is a completely different discussion.  But for a sortie why not?  Isn't that where all the people who say 'challenge accepted' are supposed to go?  Out of the three missions for the sortie it was easily the most challenging but a zenurik nova with 5 large energy pads and a simulor still made the mission trivial.  The secret is just to not pick up energy orbs immediately.  Time it so you pick up two orbs right when entropy activates and you can fire a molecular prime in the middle of 16 parasitics.  Why is that level of difficulty bad for sorties?

Health and energy draining Auras just need to go. Replace them with an effect that damages your energy over time, for a few seconds, if that unit ACTUALLY HITS YOU. For instance, if you are hit, you lose 10 energy/second for 5 seconds.

This offers skill based counterplay. It lets players use what they learn playing the game to avoid these affects. Because a simple "don't get near them" doesn't work when there are 5 of the units spawned at once.

Which is why yes, spawn numbers also need tweaked. But auras need to just DIE already. This is a twitch based game with superb movement, not a mouse driven top down ARPG. We can dodge; let us USE it.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

21 hours ago, xmegarockx said:

Or, being weapons that have a low ttk and focus them down instead of relying on energy siphon to compensate. 

22 hours ago, Maicael said:

What do you mean by stacking auras? Do you just mean killing one when another is also in range that just keeps draining energy?

Energy Leeches/Parasitics units are capable of draining players' energy within 15 meters at the rate of 5s−1(non-stackable effect).

Oh, I would've sworn it always felt like it drained faster when there were more of them. Ignore that part then.