Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Deluxe skin

Rimuru

I'll repost something I said in a different thread:

It looks like they have slapped cultural/religious influences on a frame that has nothing to do with it, seemingly just for the heck of it. Nova is a heavily science/sci-fi based frame with an antimatter theme, it has nothing to do with gods. They would have been better off saving that influence for a completely new frame, especially with the animation of the arms and all. I think 90% of the players would accept whatever goofy design they would come up with if it were a seperate frame. But to put this on Nova? Nope I say!

I see none of Nova's sleek silouette in this mishmash of unappealing shapes and lines. They even removed her energy jets for the sake of having flailing arms possibly cover the players recticle when they instead could have made the jets into something resembling Pyra Prime or the likes. They did a marvelous job with Nova Prime, even though there weren't as many additions as with many other primes.

I would like to say that they shattered peoples expectations, mine included, with this reveal, but not in a good way.

It reminds me of this:

Yes, I as a Nova player am very salty from this reveal and I apologize if anyone takes offence. I respect DE and the art team, but I'm really not a fan of this concept and I sincerely hope they rethink their design for this skin.

On 7/9/2016 at 6:55 PM, BulletsforTeeth said:

DE seems to be getting increasingly odd with the deluxe skins.

Odd is definitely the word. I see what they were going for and, though they might have gone a little far for most player tastes, it's certainly attention-grabbing. I'm sure we'll see this one kickin' around the solar map, but maybe not as much as some of the other deluxe skins. After, we already have some really, really nice Tennogen for Nova.

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

Odd is definitely the word. I see what they were going for and, though they might have gone a little far for most player tastes, it's certainly attention-grabbing. I'm sure we'll see this one kickin' around the solar map, but maybe not as much as some of the other deluxe skins. After, we already have some really, really nice Tennogen for Nova.

Might've been why the artists was willing to dabble in whatever he smoked while making this, LOL. Because I've seen creativity, but this is damn near abstract.

Edit: Just to be sure, this is said in jest. Not calling Mynki or whomever a pothead or anything.

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

I dont like it. It is very, very ugly. I main nova and since Trinity prime Deluxe skin release, i couldnt wait for something on similar art level for nova prime will be released for my favourite warframe. I feel so sad right now. Nova Deluxe skin is just fat and ugly. She looks like michellin man from their advertisements. As almost always i bought all Deluxe skins for warframes i didnt even play just to have something nice (Fashionframe), i would never bought something like that. I really doubt that there is enough colors or rather cosmetic accesories in game to make something decent looking from that abomination.

A part of me wishes I could draw. I have a beautiful design in my noggin, but I lack the skill to show it T.T

at any rate I hope DE listens to the community. Personally I don't think it's a horrible design, I just don't see it as Nova. I'd love it if this was a new "zen" support frame. Imagine if this this had a myriad of buffing capabilities.

On 7/10/2016 at 1:16 AM, rapt0rman said:

Except rather then "modern" it's a direct reference to hindu cultures like burmese and malaysian. 

I was using modern art as a form of insult and a way to tell you indirectly how ugly i find the skin. 

Hindu cultures have great art. This does not even come close to art from that culture. 

Its more of an insult really then a homage. 

5 hours ago, GhostLacuna said:

I was using modern art as a form of insult and a way to tell you indirectly how ugly i find the skin. 

Hindu cultures have great art. This does not even come close to art from that culture. 

Its more of an insult really then a homage. 

Eh, if you say so.

All I can see are a sea of salty players bandwagoning on how "hurr durr ugly!!!" the Nova skin is.

I for one think it's a pretty interesting skin, especially how it is quite strongly inspired by Buddhism and the appearance of bodhisattvas

awoMULJ.jpg

If anything, I'd think that the head could do with some improvement, but other than that, all I can see is unnecessary hate for a design that is a little too unorthodox.

1 minute ago, Eternal_Shrine_Maiden said:

All I can see are a sea of salty players bandwagoning on how "hurr durr ugly!!!" the Nova skin is.

I for one think it's a pretty interesting skin, especially how it is quite strongly inspired by Buddhism and the appearance of bodhisattvas

Hide contents

awoMULJ.jpg

If anything, I'd think that the head could do with some improvement, but other than that, all I can see is unnecessary hate for a design that is a little too unorthodox.

To be fair, it's not that I hate it, I just don't think it fits Nova. All of the Deluxe skins to date have been spot on, while keeping the frames identity. Rhino with the Palatine Skin doesn't look like a completely different frame. Loki still looks like Loki. Saryn's looks different, but you can still tell it's a Saryn. Banshee's is the only one where I wouldn't automatically assume it's a Banshee, but those sick beats make it obvious. Idk, I just would like to see this design become it's own standalone frame, but not a Nova skin.