Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Hype Thread (You Must Prepare)

duhadventure

59 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Hmm? I offered a solution, it's right in the middle of my post.

Alternately, OP suggested the 'Slide' button. I think this button actually does serve some purpose in Archwing - it's that useless banking maneuver, but it could easily be re-purposed if needed.

Well most of the buttons have atleast one use on the PS4 but it's been like a year since I touched my ps4 account so I might have to check later (If Warframe is even still on it) 

3 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

You can thank console users for that. They have those controllers with like 9 buttons maybe while a PC user has 52 if not more, plus combinations of keys.

Not... really. Just because a keyboard has a lot of buttons doesn't mean any of us use nearly that many for gaming purposes. 

I'm excited for it. It's what I've been wanting in Archwing ever since it was announced, and I'm hyped up for the fact I'm finally getting it. I do have one worry though, and that's shooting the arch-gun while sprinting. With the new movement system, I think it should be a thing. I have a feeling it isn't based on Rebecca's performance during the Devstream; not once did she sprint and shoot. She had to stop every time. It really kills the momentum.

I mean I honestly didn't have a problem with its movement - I had a problem with its neglect, entirely :poop:ty weapon acquisition system, and its barebones status. I hope it is as good as Star Conflict's movement.

Edited by Lanieu

I think resetting orientation should be constant and automatic. Passive. Just, slowly, not rapidly. Or else give manual roll control. 

Question I have. Is strafing still a thing? The preview didn't show it. It really didn't look like 6DOF to me, just roll unlocked and possibly strafing left, right, up, down removed, which along with manual roll control are required for actual 6DOF. 

6DOF = full positive and negative control over rotation and translation on x, y, and z axis. 

In the Devstream preview I remember seeing translation only on one axis and only forward, 1 half dof, and aiming, so rotation in x and y, 2 more dof. Call going upside down by manipulation of x and y but not z directly half a dof. So the preview only looked like 3DOF to me, while the current version is 5DOF.

Edit : I am definitely excited to try it, not really worried but I'm reserving forming a strong opinion until I test it for several hours myself. 6DOF might not be required for it to be amazing fun. 

What changes I want, and applies to regular ground combat as well as Archwing, customizable high contrast reticle with multiple color and shape options. 

Edited by KinetosImpetus

11 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I also use a controller.  From the looks, it seems that it might be better for controllers.  I say that because it looks as though control will be more like a cross between flight games and something like Armored Core, ZoE 2.  Those games and controls are wonderful on a controller.  I won't know for sure until I actually try it myself.   Either way it looks very promising.  :D

I have played the Armored Core and Zone of Enders series, and space flight games like Wing Commander Freespace and this doesn't look anything like that. I am afraid we are going to have to just disagree about the nature of these changes. That said, I hope your optimism is rewarded. As one of the few who actually plays Archwing on a regular basis I would like the mode to be improved, it however doesn't look like it will to me.

YES PLEASE

I really want 3 Axis of movement since I am a flight sim guy.  Too many games don't even allow you to yaw or roll properly.  The old/current archwing is a bad bash of the normal FPS engine into a space sim.

But i really want is a good Foward/Rear radar like in the X-wing series of games that truely allowed for some good situational awareness

Ok, so, after listening the new result theme, and with the quote of [DE]George:

On 16/6/2016 at 0:08 AM, [DE]George said:

Mission complete is def permanent ;)

It relates to the new Warframe Theme that will be dropping soon!

And from what we got in the Devstream 76, I began to think about how would the war within turn out more or less for us, and after a bit of thinking, these are my speculations:

• At some point in the quest, the link between warframe-operator will be broken, making us either play with a week, powerless warframe, or the tenno itself but only our hand lazer of doom™ to defend ourselfs. However, the two will meet each other again with the Twin queens, and fight along side each other after the mind blowing revelation with the full version of the second dream theme as the battle track.
  • We'll finally visit the lotus' place/throne room.
  • The warframes main 'flesh' component would come from the adults of the zariman 10-0 in one way or another.
  • Hunhow will try to destroy both us and the grineer queens. (This would explain the new suits)
  • Umbra. Just. Umbra.
  • New way of using focus, a sistem similar on Equinox's Duality augment.

Aaaand there you go... I think this would be some of the things that will happen IN THE QUEST of the new cinematic quest that DE is cooking for us.

Do you have your own speculations? Write them down here!

hm.. speculation... always tasty....

but in the end i wont over the war within.. to less info, to much to cause disapointment in the end if it comes different as imaged....

i just need to think abou second dream and how people reacted.. will be the same with propably..

Steve laughed evilly when asked, "Whats the point of operator cosmetics when all they do is sit in the back of our liset." - so I'm imagining walking around with operator.

We'll hunt for the grineer queens.

Sentients likely become a larger threat to the system, possibly new sentient 'leaders' arrive, wanting to kill the lotus

6 minutes ago, Kosen said:
  • The warframes main 'flesh' component would come from the adults of the zariman 10-0 in one way or another.

nope. I don't think the operators parents were infested technocyte.

Umbra likely not to show up either.

4 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

We go in, we shoot stuff we get out.

My speculations.

Maybe.

Just now, bowiespoon said:

nope. I don't think the operators parents were infested technocyte.

I didnt say PARENTS, I said ADULTS, because let's be honest, SOMETHING must have happened to them. Yeah they could've disappeared, or just becaume a strange flesh goo void thing, they ARE dead but not exactly GONE.

Just now, Kosen said:

I didnt say PARENTS, I said ADULTS, because let's be honest, SOMETHING must have happened to them. Yeah they could've disappeared, or just becaume a strange flesh goo void thing, they ARE dead but not exactly GONE.

I really dislike that theory, because we can build new warframes whenever.

I like to think they became like those void echo people we see on the moon.

Still, the point of speculating is to speculate. Had a lot of fun placing bets on what the tenno were when 2nd dream was about to role out.

1 minute ago, bowiespoon said:

Still, the point of speculating is to speculate. Had a lot of fun placing bets on what the tenno were when 2nd dream was about to role out.

Yep. That's why I'm doing this right now :P Cheers for speculations

gxlmoPc.gif