Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Draco has achieved the opposite effect

pagepro

Now that Draco has been removed those of us such as myself who were buying forma to level power up their warframes and weapons have stopped. 

I was under the impression that this star chart rework would create more Nodes that were similar to Draco. Nope I was wrong.

The affinity gains are far too low in other missions to level anything efficiently. I do not find it fun running through 29 missions to level my warframe from 0-30 * the amount of forma I use. 

At the rate things are going now I would have to play this game 16+ hours a day to get anything accomplished. 

DE has failed to fix the root of the problem once again. We did not want Draco removed we wanted more nodes that were as effective as Draco. An infested or a corpus.

You reduced the range which we can receive affinity from squad mates which pours salt on the wounds. 

We need to rethink our strategy regarding this game or you will alienate what is left of your player base.

Which is why there is 3x Forma bundle now, they hope to recovers sales by this somehow. I for one spent alot of irl money on boosters and forma to power level on Draco. If the next best thing is too grindy they can say goodbye to those sales (which i suspect they know and don't care because they seem to be going in a different direction wrt to sales). 

Edited by -Sandman

I don't think Draco was actually 'removed'. The planets have just been rearranged to better fit the actual Solar System. High leveled interceptions with high enemy levels skill exist, Mithra, Rhea and some others are prime examples of this. 

You can still power level on these nodes, though I'd much prefer if DE added more affinity to other missions, specifically Spy and Survival. 

1 minute ago, xRufus7x said:

You all have become overly dependent on Draco for leveling.  You realize pretty much any endless mission type will get the job done or spy missions or if you are smart enough learn how to maximize stealth multipliers.

I agree to an extent. This can be done with decent to really good weapons, but what about the complete and utter mastery fodder? Should we run 20 high lvl spy missions because we aren't willing to spend a potatoe on a wep/frame we are just llving once and will never touch again? I just recently got and forma my Nikana p. Did two 20 min runs on saturn and sedna. Thats 40 mins on a good wep per forma.  What if we gotta 3-4 forma on ok weapon to make it viable end game can we still do these long survivals? What if we gotta do a new frame. Is it gonna be over an hour or two for maxing them? Say what you want, but  viver/draco will always be needed unless DE adds more exp or lessens the grind needed to max them. Also the next Draco has been found apparently. So all aboard the lvling train choo choo!

12 minutes ago, pagepro said:

The affinity gains are far too low in other missions to level anything efficiently. I do not find it fun running through 29 missions to level my warframe from 0-30 * the amount of forma I use.

I was never a Draco fan, and the idea that it was the only way to level has always seemed odd. If it's taking you 29 missions to max a frame or weapon you are running the wrong nodes. A few long survivals is all that's needed to max a frame/weapon. Sometimes it'll only take one. Look at hitting up survivals on Ceres and Pluto and take them for the long haul. If you have a group that sticks together you'll take those 29 missions down to 1-3.

As noted above there are other good interceptions to try out if you prefer that mission type.

17 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

You all have become overly dependent on Draco for leveling.  You realize pretty much any endless mission type will get the job done or spy missions or if you are smart enough learn how to maximize stealth multipliers.

Draco was only depended upon because xp gains are so low everywhere else.

1 minute ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

I was never a Draco fan, and the idea that it was the only way to level has always seemed odd. If it's taking you 29 missions to max a frame or weapon you are running the wrong nodes. A few long survivals is all that's needed to max a frame/weapon. Sometimes it'll only take one. Look at hitting up survivals on Ceres and Pluto and take them for the long haul. If you have a group that sticks together you'll take those 29 missions down to 1-3.

As noted above there are other good interceptions to try out if you prefer that mission type.

14 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

15 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Stealth Exterminate is still just as good as it was previously. I don't see what your problem is.

You all fail to understand that none of what you suggested is as good as Draco was in terms of leveling up your equipment. The point of my post is to say that leveling up speed has been reduced overall due to the fact that Draco is gone. They did not replace it with something similar, they simply removed it. 

I can run endless survivals sure but they are no where close to Draco.

Unless we are all okay with DE lowering the speed at which we can level then I can understand that argument.

Perhaps DE thought we were leveling too quickly?

Regardless leveling is slower.

I think one of the bigger issues is why a huge portion of the player base is in such a hurry in the first place. Why? Who are you racing? Are you trying to keep up with dem lightspeed content releases so you can burn out again and have nothing to do?

7 minutes ago, pagepro said:

I'm trying to think of a less blunt way to say "No s***, Sherlock", but I can't think of one. A little help, anyone?

7 minutes ago, pagepro said:

Takes me about 15-20 minutes with an affinity booster to max out a weapon with stealth Exterminates. The difference between that and Draco is negligible, especially factoring in the fact that you don't need to waste your time finding a competent squad when running stealth Exterminates.

Edited by Inarticulate

28 minutes ago, Junedawgg said:

I agree to an extent. This can be done with decent to really good weapons, but what about the complete and utter mastery fodder? Should we run 20 high lvl spy missions because we aren't willing to spend a potatoe on a wep/frame we are just llving once and will never touch again? I just recently got and forma my Nikana p. Did two 20 min runs on saturn and sedna. Thats 40 mins on a good wep per forma.  What if we gotta 3-4 forma on ok weapon to make it viable end game can we still do these long survivals? What if we gotta do a new frame. Is it gonna be over an hour or two for maxing them? Say what you want, but  viver/draco will always be needed unless DE adds more exp or lessens the grind needed to max them. Also the next Draco has been found apparently. So all aboard the lvling train choo choo!

Can confirm, it took me approximately 5 hours with pug to get 2 formas on my Volt P yesterday on Sedna.

12 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Takes me about 15-20 minutes with an affinity booster to max out a weapon with stealth Exterminates. The difference between that and Draco is negligible, especially factoring in the fact that you don't need to waste your time finding a competent squad when running stealth Exterminates.

>negligible
>takes me 1 round on Draco to max out a weapon 

sure fam

Edited by Terror-Of-Death

Wow, this pluto planet is really neat, I wonder when it was added?

IT has this weird game mode, there are drills in it... but it gives you TONS of the new Void Relict things. And on top of that, the Focus FLIES out of the enemies! Its like I found a node for farming Focus, Void Stuff, AND affinity!

Wow, who/'d of thought a game mode called Excavation would ever provide something like that.

When Steve said he would look into Draco, he also said that he would look into the amount of XP non-endless missions provide.

First part was done, but Steve forgot the second part.

Draco was not a problem because it gave too much XP. It was a problem because it promoted mindless gameplay by standing at one place and spamming abilities.

If anything, DE should seriously look into the leveling matter. When a weapon/warframe needs 4-5 forma, it is never fun to level the same thing over and over and over again.

16 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

I'm trying to think of a less blunt way to say "No s***, Sherlock", but I can't think of one. A little help, anyone?

Ahh the solution to everything. Buy more platinum. Thanking for proving my point.

23 minutes ago, pagepro said:

You all fail to understand that none of what you suggested is as good as Draco was in terms of leveling up your equipment. The point of my post is to say that leveling up speed has been reduced overall due to the fact that Draco is gone. They did not replace it with something similar, they simply removed it. 

I can run endless survivals sure but they are no where close to Draco.

Unless we are all okay with DE lowering the speed at which we can level then I can understand that argument.

Page,

If I am not mistaken, your major complaint with this update is how you are no longer able to very quickly level your weapons and warframes? If speed and efficiency is such an issue, doubtlessly due to your busy and lucrative career, might i suggest that you spend some of your earnings upon warframe's affinity boosters?

After all, DE has laid out a way for those as busy and those whose time is so highly prized, to make the most of what time they can spare. Even if it does cost some amount of money, i'm sure its just mere pocket change for you.

1 minute ago, Ryunokage said:

Page,

If I am not mistaken, your major complaint with this update is how you are no longer able to very quickly level your weapons and warframes? If speed and efficiency is such an issue, doubtlessly due to your busy and lucrative career, might i suggest that you spend some of your earnings upon warframe's affinity boosters?

After all, DE has laid out a way for those as busy and those whose time is so highly prized, to make the most of what time they can spare. Even if it does cost some amount of money, i'm sure its just mere pocket change for you.

Nice leap of logic. Yeah, buy more plats to get boosters, SURELY that'll be the solution to all your problems.

1 minute ago, Kanlor said:

is this gona be a annual thing for every update that has some kind of change and people are just gona overly complain about it?

People providing feedback is a good thing. Its feedback that got Draco and many other things nerfed in the first place, and its feedback that gets things buffed.

26 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I think one of the bigger issues is why a huge portion of the player base is in such a hurry in the first place. Why? Who are you racing? Are you trying to keep up with dem lightspeed content releases so you can burn out again and have nothing to do?

The problem is that when you forma a warframe, you can't use it well till you remax it, and you can't bring it to sorties at all, so it's obvious that people would want to max their stuff sooner