Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All jokes and salt aside: Does anyone actually LIKE the new Archwing 6DOF?

grimdraken

If you DO like it, can you please explain what it brought to the table that's BETTER than the old system?  Thank you.

I don't hate it, but I don't rate it over the old system either.  I struggle to see that it brought anything POSITIVE over the old system.  From reading the forums and speaking to fellow players, it appears to have introduced lack of precision, confusion over orientation and motion sickness issues that were not present before.

Is there anyone that has anything positive to say about it?

Coz really, I'm baffled as how this passed muster and got released.  What delusion persisted in the minds of the people who decided this was a good thing?  Was there no one to nay-say it?  Did anyone at DE actually attempt to use the new flight model in tight-knit maps?  And if they had no issue with it, what are the vast majority of us missing?  What's the secret?

Edited by grimdraken

I like it,

It's nothing big to my opinion, what is bad is the controls on afterburner sprinting.

When using afterburners, if you move the frame...(not the camera) to the left or right, you get a barrel roll.(This is probably great on keyboard...but not as good on controller/keyboard)

And trust me, the barrel roll is WAY to wide for ANY hallway, or gateway on the corpus map.(It's annoying when you accidentally do it.)(Almost killing you if you get bad luck.)

That's the only issue.

Nothing else seems to be the issue.

It seems players using etylon are suffering from a FOV issues from cameras.

Maybe the camera is getting locked in place?

Some players are getting the camera sucked inward, when sprinting....which is obviously a bug.

Motion sickness is a joke, I haven't suffered from it at all. Auto orientation doesn't make me suffer from something like that.

Overall, if they polish out the major issues, it will be a good system.  That being said, it wasn't necessary.  People didn't play archwing because the controls were clunky (they were prefectly fine before IMO), they didn't play it because progression was slow and acquiring new weapons was worse than farming for prime parts.  The missions themselves were mostly fine, it was everything outside the missions that drove people away.

4 minutes ago, Echowing said:

Overall, if they polish out the major issues, it will be a good system.  That being said, it wasn't necessary.  People didn't play archwing because the controls were clunky (they were prefectly fine before IMO), they didn't play it because progression was slow and acquiring new weapons was worse than farming for prime parts.  The missions themselves were mostly fine, it was everything outside the missions that drove people away.

Spot on. Once they give it a proper hud, nerf the drunkwing autoroll, balance the inertia and get the camera out of the warframe's &#! it should be better.

7 minutes ago, Echowing said:

That being said, it wasn't necessary.  People didn't play archwing because the controls were clunky 

This is what I gleaned from this whole Archwing debacle.

It basically suits only 1 of the 2 types of tilesets we get.

Aside from infini-looking in a direction, I don't see it brought me anything I desperately needed.  The old system was fine, hence this thread.  I'm confused at the reasoning.

I love it they brought it back to what it was except the camera is about 2-5 feet too close to my liking. And you can boost and shoot at the same time no needing to choose to shoot or run like resident evil style.

Edited by TrueHawkEye

1 hour ago, grimdraken said:

I don't hate it, but I don't rate it over the old system either.  I struggle to see that it brought anything POSITIVE over the old system.  From reading the forums and speaking to fellow players, it appears to have introduced lack of precision, confusion over orientation and motion sickness issues that were not present before.

Is there anyone that has anything positive to say about it?

Coz really, I'm baffled as how this passed muster and got released.  What delusion persisted in the minds of the people who decided this was a good thing?  Was there no one to nay-say it?  Did anyone at DE actually attempt to use the new flight model in tight-knit maps?  And if they had no issue with it, what are the vast majority of us missing?  What's the secret?

Nothing as it is made to sound. If you ever played a flight simulator, this is still better than that. My guess is that a lot of players are unused to things like that.

Now that I'm more or less used to new controls, I can say that I liked older system slightly more.

The new system needs some kinks to be ironed out, and the other allowed me to actually look at my frame+A-wing at all angles during a mission, but otherwise - apples and oranges, it's not bad.

The real thing is, as some people've already said, it wasn't necessary. Archwing needed some things, but this new flight model wasn't one of those. Someone mentioned  in the other thread that older flight model gave Archwing a kind of "Zone of Enders" feel, and this comparison is very fitting in that it points us exactly what Archwing needs to be - a cool 3D hack-n-slash. New flight model, that moved it closer to "proper" sim, is not ruining it, but it's not solving it's problems either.

Edited by VisionAndVoice

It's actually quite bad at this point in time.  This comes from the fact that it is unfinished.  We are given the movement only but no navigation/combat hud.  Given the speed and inertia but only the grineer map supports that.  The ability to be upside down in relation to the beginning of the mission but no way to track or auto-target enemies.  So on and so on.  

I loved it since the moment I put on the Archwing right after the Update.

Rush mission was the only thing it took me some serious training to beat 100%.
Result : Awesome race against the clock.

Do we need new/reworked tilesets for the Corpus Ship? Why yes, that'd be most welcome.
Do we need some way to set the FOV so that most players don't get motion sickness? I personally don't have troubles with it, but I'm guessing that many would like it, so yeah, bring it on.

It's not perfect (yet), but it sure is amazing

I hate the new system. I can't orientate myself at all, and this is the first game to give me motion sickness. They made it worst. I want the old back because this is unplayable for me.  

1 hour ago, H2K3 said:

I like the fact that I can orientate myself how I wish easily. I see little wrong with it.

After all, "The enemy's gate is down."

My only issue is the fact the system keeps trying to orient me to an "Up" position... should just make a hotkey for it and leave it to the player to decide.