Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NERF THE SCORCHES

JackHargreav

6 minutes ago, EyeLaikCheez said:

Are you trying to make us cringe to death or something?

not sure what you attempt to say there buut atleast in 60's humans weren't so easily offened (in my language) eivät ottanu hernettä nenään turhan saissen takia

9 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

not sure what you attempt to say there buut atleast in 60's humans weren't so easily offened (in my language) eivät ottanu hernettä nenään turhan saissen takia

No, back then you were expected to have manners. Which is something you lack.

Honestly it's not about nerfing the Scorches it's about fixing them and the Hekkat Masters. I ran around 20 missions or more (on different Grineer populated planets) and Scorches/Masters not only did damage trough the wall but when they weren't even attacking me in general or in the same direction I was still taking damage from them. Around them, behind them I even took damage when I was 2 rooms away from them and I don't understand how that happened. They clearly need to be fixed cause in my opinion they are broken right now.

1 hour ago, ChaoticTW said:

I like them this way. It gives a challenge and makes you fear an enemy as opposed to just using them for bullet sponges.  Yes there are Bursas and Bombards and Juggernauts, but the enemies you see on the regular are there to get in the way or be mowed down.  Leave the Schorches as is.  :-)

Yeah... no

1 hour ago, Hemmo67 said:

i have and my ember can withstand the damage cuz i use redirection ad vitality instead of focusing fully on abilities. you know there was a time when Tenno were smart

With one wall hack Scorch maybe, but we all know a lot of them can spawn at once.

1 hour ago, GLTHX said:

Fearing an enemy is one thing, being killed in 3 seconds because a Scorch decided to go trigger-happy in the next room without any possibility for us of knowing is another. Every time I'm hunting for corrupted mods at the Derelict, I have a flashback of online shooters where at least one person on the opposing team had a wallhack. That just isn't fun, nor is it challenging. The only thing I could compare current Scorches is to dirty cheaters.

Removing Ignis' Punch-through completely and reducing its range to a less ridiculous amount but making it ignore all "living entities" would be a better idea imo.

Or maybe just fixing the Ignis (For enemies and Tenno alike) so that the punch through doesn't go through walls anymore. Everything else about the Ignis is fine as is, and it'd make the weapon less cheesy through doors and walls.... I think I just fixed Blade Storm too... Simply make it a line of sight ability!

They don't need a real nerf - they're squishier than your average Grineer and have limited range. As it was said - they (along with Hyekka Masters, Bombards and Napalms) must be FIXED, since it's just mean and unfair that their attacks can go through covers and other obstacles.

On innate Punch-through - apparently the one for Ignis must be re-tweaked to go only through characters, not through environment.

Edited by Necrius

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm sorry, can you read?

Because based on all of the comments I've seen from you you either can't understand people's posts or are intentionally ignoring them.

No, the Ignis is not working as intended for Scorches. I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say this. It fires in an AoE for them. Not a cone, an AoE around the Scorch. That is not intended.

Look at the second post I linked to you, look at the images. Do you really think that was sub 40m? Because to me, in my limited understanding of mathematics that looked a hell of a lot further than 40m.

So no, the OP is complaining about the Scorch being OP because it's not working as intended.

Sure.

2 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Ignis has 5m punch through and 40m range with aoe. There is nothing to fix, that's how the weapon works.

The things are bugged/dodgy at the moment for scorches though. I've noticed some oddness recently in their behaviours. 

2 hours ago, ChaoticTW said:

I like them this way. It gives a challenge and makes you fear an enemy as opposed to just using them for bullet sponges.  Yes there are Bursas and Bombards and Juggernauts, but the enemies you see on the regular are there to get in the way or be mowed down.  Leave the Schorches as is.  :-)

When i am playing on Ash Prime with a maxed out Vitality on and they still can kill me from another room its broken.  My friend and I were scan Kavats using ODE,  And it got to the point of us cheering for each Scorch we killed. 

11 hours ago, Hemmo67 said:

they are not broken when u can survive their attacks

What? 

Shooting fire in every direction with obnoxious range and ignoring terrain in between isn't broken? 

When I first did an ODE after the update me and a clan mat got reked so hard by a scorcher we didn't even see and he ended up being 3 tiles away. Only thing we knew is we just suddenly burst into flames and died, that's with 925 health Oberon with steel on (forget shields, like 500ish). That's disgusting and broken to say the very least. Otherwise I demand to be able to nuke a map with ignis in a similar fashion...

I don't mind the punch through or the way Ignis works.

The problem is the punchthrough can hit you from behind them and even half way across the map, even with Sinister Reach and Firestorm the Ignis cannot hit that far, so I think it's fair to say Scorches could use some debuffing.

I'd like to see there damage get lowered. I mean they do an obscene amount of damage even on low levels. Sometimes you don't even see the flame because they aimbot you with it but the animations don't catch up. And on high levels if you so much as get licked by the flames even as inaros you die. That and once they start to fire the weapon even if you are at a good distance they are still hitting you. So if you go flying by Fwoosh you die.

On 16-7-2016 at 4:01 PM, NightBlitz said:

before nerfing them, how about fixing them so they dont go through walls....

I've no problems with the scorches dealing that much damage, but yeah getting killed out of nowhere because a scorch decided to use his flamethrower on a infested/corpus/wildlife in the next room is bs to the max. That's what they should fix about them.

Edited by RayzorDA