Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Please do something to prevent trade scamsters. Just got scammed.

AbhijitSM

I just got scammed in a trade where a user offered to buy a loki set from me at 274 plat. Just before i could click accept he changed it to 27 plat & i couldnt do anything about it as i was just about to click the accept button & i couldnt retract just in time. DE though there is a red message warning just in between the two trading channels about offer being changed can something be done about this ? I mean you could add a dialogue box when you click accept warning you that "the offer is changed" or give us a message about the exact items we are exchanging? For example > "You are about to exchange loki prime for xx number of plat do you want to accept the trade ? " You know something like that ? This is the 2nd time i got scammed. Earlier a user scammed me where i was buying a unranked prime flow for 50 plat & he changed it to blank just before i could accept.

This is not a rant thread. I am not going to put a support ticket as i dont mind the loki set i lost or the 50 plat i got scammed with. I have enough resources in plat & loki sets. But imagine poor players who have just started playing this game & getting scammed like this. Surely DE could care about such players in general & prevent such scams by adding a little bit stringent trading terms when exchanging.

Thanks & regards
Abhijit

Just now, NovusNova said:

If I remember correctly, don't you have to re-accept the trade if something changes in the trading UI? 

Correct.

You have to click 2 different things before a trade goes through. That is done specifically to stop this sort of thing. So if the other player changed the items, it'll unselect the "check when ready to trade" check box.

So I have no idea how OP managed to check that and then click accept trade without noticing.

Unless this is some new bug. :shrug:

1. Always screenshot any chat if trading with someone, then if they try what that guy did you can report them and get the bp's back as you have proof they agreed to a price

2. but you accepted the trade, click once and once only, if lagging during trading you can make mistakes and miss the new accept, better to take time than to get the quick sale

You cannot blame DE for the mistake you made yourself.

when someone changes the item you have to reaccept the trade and even when you accept the trade you have to actually click trade to trade the item. so you should have double checked

Best thing you can do now is report him.

Edited by kippen.power

when one player changes something in the trade menu you do have to accept again. Also as soon as you enter trade chat for the first time when logging on there is a message from the Devs saying they are not responsible for any trade promises you make.

38 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

If I remember correctly, don't you have to re-accept the trade if something changes in the trading UI? 

Not sure. You just have to click the accept button ? Thats what happened i think. When i was about to click accept he changed it to 27 plat & as i was ready to click accept i clicked it at that precise moment.

30 minutes ago, kippen.power said:

You cannot blame DE for the mistake you made yourself.

when someone changes the item you have to reaccept the trade and even when you accept the trade you have to actually click trade to trade the item. so you should have double checked

Best thing you can do now is report him.

If you read my thread properly i am not at all blaming DE. JUst suggesting if they could add more stringent measures in place which these scamsters cannot take advantage of.

6 minutes ago, AbhijitSM said:

If you read my thread properly i am not at all blaming DE. JUst suggesting if they could add more stringent measures in place which these scamsters cannot take advantage of.

DE already places a 2 stage accept. You have to accept the deal (1st click) and then actually press Trade (2nd click).

edit: If anything is changed in the deal between the 1st and 2nd clicks, the 1st click (accept) is removed, so you have to do it again from start. 1st > 2nd

What else do you want them to do? Make it a 3~4 step trade? Jam in your face the already big interface?

Also, the other scam you mentioned, blank? You mean the mod Point Blank? Because I'm pretty sure, last time I checked, you can't trade for nothing so it couldn't be a blank as in nothing.

Edited by Manyc

4 minutes ago, AbhijitSM said:

How about a timer?

After both party pressed on the 1st accept button, the 2nd Accept button will be grayed out until the countdown has ended?

I could maybe see a 3-second lockout on the second accept stage. Like you both put your things on the table and click "Ready to trade".  Then it shows both sides of the offer, nobody can change anything, and there is a forced 3 second timer before the final commit button becomes available.

Beyond that...I'm not sure how much further measures are necessary. It's not really the game's fault if a player fails to notice last second changes to the trade offer.

the accept button only resets when there is a change in the offering AND you've already clicked accept.

Scenario 1:

they put down 274 plat -> accept button shows up on your side -> you click accept -> they change to 27 plat -> your accept button resets and you need to click again

Scenario 2:

they put down 274 plat -> accept button shows up on your side but you didn't click on it yet -> they change to 27 plat -> nothing happens to the accept button since it is still waiting to be clicked.

In scenario 2, if you are just about to click on the accept but only split seconds later than they change it to 27, you will be accepting on 27 not 274.

I guess the safer way is to wait for the other side to accept first before you do, to avoid flip flops.

The buyer probably switched the plat amount while the OP was picking Loki parts, it's easy to miss if you aren't paying attention.

The system we have isn't foolproof, but I also don't see how DE can improve it. 

It's a double-accept system.  Do we really need a triple-accept system?

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

4 minutes ago, FAZZWARFRAME said:

the accept button only resets when there is a change in the offering AND you've already clicked accept.

Scenario 1:

they put down 274 plat -> accept button shows up on your side -> you click accept -> they change to 27 plat -> your accept button resets and you need to click again

Scenario 2:

they put down 274 plat -> accept button shows up on your side but you didn't click on it yet -> they change to 27 plat -> nothing happens to the accept button since it is still waiting to be clicked.

In scenario 2, if you are just about to click on the accept but only split seconds later than they change it to 27, you will be accepting on 27 not 274.

I guess the safer way is to wait for the other side to accept first before you do, to avoid flip flops.

Yes i know the safer way is to stay a little hawkish and alert. But still when the offer is the same & not changed and you have the mouse cursor on the accept button there can be little time to react if it changes before you hit accept. As others are posting there are no 2 warnings after the offer is changed. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

The buyer probably switched the plat amount while the OP was picking Loki parts, it's easy to miss if you aren't playing attention.

The system we have isn't foolproof, but I also don't see how DE can improve it. 

It's a double-accept system.  Do we really need a triple-accept system?

When you click accept there could be a dialogue box of the exact things being exchanged. Wouldn't that be beneficial as the items being exchanged are displayed right in front of you along with the click rather than being in a lower right or left corner ? 

9 minutes ago, FAZZWARFRAME said:

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

in the scenario 2 you still have to press the second accept.. if you dont do a double check on the second accept it is your fault.

1 hour ago, NovusNova said:

^ That ^

It should be impossible to be scammed when trading since that is a thing, it's only your fault if you aren't paying attention

Nothing needs to be changed, people just have to start paying attention. I've never been scammed yet, mostly because I don't take all these lowball offers that people seem to be so fond of