Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Please do something to prevent trade scamsters. Just got scammed.

AbhijitSM

1 hour ago, NovusNova said:

If I remember correctly, don't you have to re-accept the trade if something changes in the trading UI? 

Also, in the example with the prime flow, i thought you couldnt trade something for nothing?

8 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Also, in the example with the prime flow, i thought you couldnt trade something for nothing?

I know that the other side cannot be left blank. What happened is that before both sides could be accepted he changed the offer( i got the offer changed message in red) & the trade got accepted. I dunno how that happened. Maybe he replaced it with some other common mod & i couldnt trace it so quickly as the trade was accepted. Immediately he messaged me "sorry i only have one primed flow" & got the "user is ignoring you" message when i tried to reply. When i checked my inventory i couldnt find the addtl primed flow i bot.  

ild say that the only way to scamm is by changing the offer the same moment the other players makes the finnal accept, not giving time for the system to reset., but that would fail 80% of the time cuz you cant guess when the other guy will accept, the best way to prevent beeing accamed by this is by waiting a few seconds before pressing the second accept.. unless there is a way for the scammer to make the final accept at the same time he changes, in that case it is impossible for the victim to protect himself.
There is a easy solluction for both tho, the system has to reset before the change, simple as that.

2 hours ago, U-thug said:

-Snip-

I'm not a jerk, but i still have my 2k+ plat worth from trading.
Get better.

On topic, I'm sure you do get a notification in chat box when offer has changed, not sure which channel though. That being said, do submit a support ticket! Even if you personally dont mind and even if a part of this happens to be your fault, this kinda of incident should not be swept under the rug. Best case you may get your plat back, worst case the guy will hopefully be noticed by DE for scamming.

This isnt possible, as others have stated, you'll have to be "ready" for trade then press "accept" to commence the trade, the moment any of you pressed the slot to choose what to trade, the option to be "ready" will be reset & turned off, there's no way you can miss this, unless you didnt pay attention to it.

15 hours ago, FAZZWARFRAME said:

the accept button only resets when there is a change in the offering AND you've already clicked accept.

Scenario 1:

they put down 274 plat -> accept button shows up on your side -> you click accept -> they change to 27 plat -> your accept button resets and you need to click again

Scenario 2:

they put down 274 plat -> accept button shows up on your side but you didn't click on it yet -> they change to 27 plat -> nothing happens to the accept button since it is still waiting to be clicked.

In scenario 2, if you are just about to click on the accept but only split seconds later than they change it to 27, you will be accepting on 27 not 274.

I guess the safer way is to wait for the other side to accept first before you do, to avoid flip flops.

if both sides wait for other to accept first, oh well..lol

18 hours ago, tastic said:

1. Always screenshot any chat if trading with someone, then if they try what that guy did you can report them and get the bp's back as you have proof they agreed to a price

Yeah, i do the same with everyone.

When you are trading, you must ALWAYS take care of what is proposed by the guy. ALWAYS.
Take it slowly, make some screens (when it's high amount, more than 150pl for me) and keep his name for almost 10 minutes.

Best thing that can be done - move "accept trade" button away from "ready yo trade", so you need to move your mouse additionally accept trade. Would totally move scammed people from "poor victims" to "suckers who deserved it".