Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin's Technological Qeastions (Aka: Primes)

Circle_of_Psi

So, I've been thinking about the fact why the Orokin tech is called "Primed" said and so, cuz I've discovered something. Prime has nothing to do with the thame of "Orokin", Prime pertty much means: "of the best possible quality; excellent", which is pertty much very hypocritical and even has been proven WRONG by the Sentients. I feel that it whuold of made alot more sease if the "Primed" Weapons/Frames and Pets, where called "Oros". Why is that, I hear you ask?.

Well: The word "Orokin" may be a portmanteau of the Spanish/Italian word "Oro", and the Japanese word "Kin" (金), both words meaning "Gold" which fits the Orokin's aesthetic, who predominantly use gold in their architecture and design, although the literal "gold gold" meaning makes this possibly less plausible. An alternative to "kin" is the English word referring to family or close relations, indicating a "golden family". So "Prime" has nothing to do with it.

So, if we called them "Oros" that whuold not only fit the architecture and design but also in a literal sense.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, the other thing I want to talk about, if the Orokin where so "advanced" and their "Prime" stuff was so: "of the best possible quality; excellent." Then, how or why did they die out?, being a Alpha Male or having a high-ego gets you no where. Also another thing, I guess you can call this a "Burn" to the Orokin.

I kown something that is far more powerful then a "Prime", I bet you all said "Umbra", NOPE: I have a Sentient Warframe, A Sentient Weapon, A Sentient Sentinels. We all kown the lore of the Orokin tech. 

"The term Prime refers to any Weapon, Warframe, Sentinel or Archwing made with Orokin technology. The weapons and Warframes the Tenno use are based on the Orokin's designs, but are not actually Orokin tech. Prime versions of items are actual pieces of Orokin technology, and frequently sport improved damage, more Polarity slots, or other stat changes that grant them an advantage over their non-Prime derivatives."

So, if the Orokin Tech, is pertty much the Original and Orokin desgin, while the non-primed ones are just carbon copies of self-made derivatives, So in that case, Then I can't see why we can't have something even more powerful a "Sentient" Weapon or Warframe. So remove Orokin and put this:

"The Term Sentient refers to any Weapon, Warframe, Sentinel or Archwing made with Sentient technology. The weapons and Warframes the Tenno use are based on the Orokin's designs, but are not actually Sentient tech. Sentient versions of items are actual pieces of Sentient technology, and frequently sport improved damage, more Polarity slots, or other stat changes that grant them an advantage over their non-Sentient derivatives."

Lastly, How does the corrupted work, how do they get their white and golden like desgin?, if that happens due to void stuff, then how come we can't just bath our warframes in it and then make yourself a Prime Warframe?, What happens to the Sentry if new people come in, Also how is our Primes not being Controlled, if its based on the SAME TECH!.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, thats what I had in my mind for a while, Also do you think there is Warframes & Weapons out-there that a "Oro" copy?, rather then the Tenno made it themselfs?, share your thoughts and ideas below.

TL,DR: Rename Primed, to "Oros" cuz it makes more sease, bro, Also if Primes, where so special, then why did Orokins die, we shuold have something better then "Prime" its "Sentient", Also how does the corrupted work?, why can't we just put a non-framed frame, into the void and boom Primed"

Edited by LegionCynex

Sentients technically integrated and took control of orokin technological weapons, so they may or may not have been the highest point. As for our weapons, sentients couldn't handle our old conventional weapons so you could say that our prime projectile weapons are the prime example of what that technology can do. I could be wrong, just how i see it.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Sentients technically integrated and took control of orokin technological weapons, so they may or may not have been the highest point. As for our weapons, sentients couldn't handle our old conventional weapons so you could say that our prime projectile weapons are the prime example of what that technology can do. I could be wrong, just how i see it.

I think the point is that there is no such thing as the 'perfect' technology. Everything has its use. If your enemy goes devastatingly high tech, but leaves themselves vulnerable to low tech, then you go low tech.

the first thing i associate with prime is the latin word "primus" (the first/at first) and the prime variants are literally the first weapons of their kind we can control.

As far as the sentient tech goes, yes i agree to u, but as u may have twiged sentient weapons are coming (battle bracers/arms)

I think they used the suffix "prime" both because prime stuff looks, in fact, shinier and more luxurious than vanilla counterparts, and because "prime" might also come from "primal", which is ancient, from a previous era (i.e.: the Orokin Era). If you get what I'm aiming for: there's as many interpretations as brains capable of giving them.

It's just names chosen for a fictional universe. I'm a bit of a language freak (and I love to dwelve deep into the big "why"s of any given language, code or naming system), but afterall, in-game or irl, every single word in the history of man was invented based on psychological/psychiatrical features and taste.
And there's no account for taste - so "Prime" will remain "Prime" as long as DE will continue to like it.

6 minutes ago, DeccanTraps said:

I always thought stuff was prime because it was only divisible by 1 and itself. :D

Well the word is always the same, but - coming from a language that hasn't been actively used in centuries - the actual uses and meanings take at times big shifts from the original intended ones.

Edit: That's the beauty in the evolution of languages, I guess...

Edited by Vastarov
Addendum

Theres a quote in the codex mentioning that the sentients turned the orokin weapons againt their masters, meaning that those crazy strong prime weapons actually became the orokin's downfall. They had to reinvent ballistic weaponry just to stand a chance and only the tenno could actually beat the sentients.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Pinguin_ops said:

1 more thing I doubt the Orokin died out completely. They wanted Tau for resources which were running out in the Sol System . I have my theories but idk.

The orokin no longer exist at all, since what they were was defined by their empire. their decendants still exist in the form of the corpus and the other "humans" that work for the lotus

So you're confused as to why the Orokin died out? Last time i checked with the Natah quest, 

Spoiler

The Lotus, who is actually a sentient, said that she had mothered and taken care of the Tenno. With their trust, she had gotten them to kill the Orokin. Her father Hunhow then instructed Lotus to kill the Tenno, but she refused and put them in cryostasis instead. 

I may be completely wrong since im just thinking of this off the top of my head.

Just now, Sacronian said:

So you're confused as to why the Orokin died out? Last time i checked with the Natah quest, 

Reveal hidden contents

The Lotus, who is actually a sentient, said that she had mothered and taken care of the Tenno. With their trust, she had gotten them to kill the Orokin. Her father Hunhow then instructed Lotus to kill the Tenno, but she refused and put them in cryostasis instead. 

I may be completely wrong since im just thinking of this off the top of my head.

I can answer this, the main thing here is, did they really kill everyone there, even childs and familys, civilains? Since it is shown that frames and the operator still think and feel, so Lotus lettign them kill in could blood? I more think tehy only killed the leaders and military and such maybe wihle teh rest then got maybe wiped out by catastrophes, infested or god knwos what.

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

So, I've been thinking about the fact why the Orokin tech is called "Primed" said and so, cuz I've discovered something. Prime has nothing to do with the thame of "Orokin", Prime pertty much means: "of the best possible quality; excellent", which is pertty much very hypocritical and even has been proven WRONG by the Sentients. I feel that it whuold of made alot more sease if the "Primed" Weapons/Frames and Pets, where called "Oros". Why is that, I hear you ask?.

I'm almost certain "Prime" is meant in-universe as a comparison between our contemporary technology and the superior technology from the time of the Orokin. I find it difficult to believe that what we now call "Prime" equipment was called "Prime" back in the days of the Orokin.

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

Now, the other thing I want to talk about, if the Orokin where so "advanced" and their "Prime" stuff was so: "of the best possible quality; excellent." Then, how or why did they die out?, being a Alpha Male or having a high-ego gets you no where. Also another thing, I guess you can call this a "Burn" to the Orokin.

The Tenno betrayed the Orokin. Warframes are more or less assumed to be far more powerful than anything else the Orokin had, possibly even more powerful than the Orokin's own non-Zero-Tech weaponry before it was turned against them by the Sentients.

2 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I can answer this, the main thing here is, did they really kill everyone there, even childs and familys, civilains? Since it is shown that frames and the operator still think and feel, so Lotus lettign them kill in could blood? I more think tehy only killed the leaders and military and such maybe wihle teh rest then got maybe wiped out by catastrophes, infested or god knwos what.

Well it is believed that the Orokin created the Technocyte virus, so the infested could have killed the civilians and children.

I thought Orokin was Oro= Gold, Spanish, and Kin= People, Middle English

They are the gold people or the gold clan.

BTW, they "died out" cause "Lotus" got the tenno to turn on the Orokin and ended up destroying their empire.

The primes are still the best. They are just not in use as much.

When you read through the Synthesis imprints, you find out exactly how and why the Empire crumbled.

- Step One: The Orokin high caste made literally all of the really big and important command infrastructure of the Sol system gene locked so that only people with the correct engineered gene markers could even get onto the command decks.

- Step Two: The Orokin leave all of these highly dangerous, mobile, potentially self reproducing superweapons lying around, i.e. Infestation, weaponised Grineer with militia training, Sentients, and Tenno. They make sure to mistreat the Grineer and the Tenno, and build a fatal flaw into the Sentients.

- Step Three: The Tenno rebel and slaughter the Orokin high caste at the Terminus. This neatly decapitates the empire and causes all of the system-spanning infrastructure to go into lockdown.

- Step Four: The Grineer rebellion begins.

- Step Five: Simultaneously, an Infestation outbreak occurs.

- Step Six: The Tenno commit their greatest crime. They walk away and go into hypersleep rather than forcing the Infestation back into remission and dragging the Grineer to the negotiating table with the human civilians.

- Step Seven: Generations of darkness and despair.

2 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

You've actually got that backwards. The Orokin were "too big to fail"; even as they started breaking down, they never quite lost their status as the big men on the campus. The Orokin were so utterly ridiculously OP in terms of political clout that they could only be destroyed by themselves, quadruple-teamed between the Sentients, Tenno, Infested, and Grineer, all of which they created

See @BornWithTeeth's breakdown for more details