Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Tigris prime?

1 minute ago, Varacal said:

making it a crit weapon would definitely match up to sancti tigris, i was gonna add them increasing the magazine, but i kinda want it to stay at 2

I kinda get the feeling it won't get a bigger clip. A big part of the tigris design is it being a double barrel shotgun, doesn't give a lot of wiggle room there.

I assume it will have very high slash damage which is cool I guess.

I still see no reason to not run Hek/VayHek 24/7 though when choosing to use a shotgun since they can both blow things away at point blank while also doing fair damage at medium and far ranges thanks to the barrels. 

1 hour ago, VampirePirate said:

I think that making it a prime was completely unnecessary.  They could have used that investment to prime something else and provide a better variety

Right.. and sancti Tigris has already metal bits that can be colored to Gold shiny bits...so,,

3 hours ago, Etan-gK said:

Unless they make the tigris prime better than the sancti tigris in terms of sheer damage, it'll just be another forgettable prime weapon, like the bronco prime

You probably forgot about the most forgotten weapon, the sicarus prime

1 hour ago, (PS4)Basic_Impulse said:

I recently got my hands on the sancti Tigris, I don't have any decent mods for shotguns but wow I love that thing, in almost worried because I don't know how Tigris prime can stand next to it, what with that syndicate proc and all, what do you guys think?

Given that Sancti Tigris is a syndicate weapon sitting behind a substantial grind and a MR12 requirement, there is no need for Tigris Prime to stand next to it, or be better. It just needs to be an upgrade to the base Tigris, which is itself a very nice weapon to use.

While I don't think priming Tigris was a good idea, there are still things they can do to make it interesting.

Like, say, alt fire switches between shot and slugs...

Edited by pauli133

I think the tigris prime will be useless

who cares if it has crit stat or more damage.... when the sancti tigris already oneshots everything in the game to begin with?

basically, you're trading a gun that oneshots everything and occasionally heals you, for a gun that oneshots everything.

wow big improvement

the only way I see tigris prime being better is if it has an insane reload speed, or some weird non-2-shot magazine (which I'm doubtful they will do).

21 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

I'm worried. I have a six forma Sancti tigris and it's an absolute powerhouse. people have already asked for a nerf to it (no idea why) so if it's made a direct upgrade people will start crying for nerfs. it's going to be a sidegrade.

I don't think it's possible to do a side grade to this weapon.  As others have already said, the weapon does so much damage that it already one shots everything, the sancti has an aoe that kills low level enemies and grunts, that also heals you.  I don't even think making the weapon low mr will help, most lower levels are not going to waste a huge amount of resources on a weapon that has a better version, it would be smarter to use them on a different weapon like an assault rifle or sniper ect.

7 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

It is the single target nuker of shotguns right now. It may have a clip of two but not much can stand the shots.

Huh... Well, guess that does leave the Tigris Prime in a odd position. But as there is only one Prime shotgun, and a small number of Tenno shotguns to use for primes, I guess it gets the place. 

Hopefully they will make it worth getting, and not just MR fodder. Though, I thinking that before this is released, they will nerf the Sancti Tigris in some way... Hell, maybe the syndicate procs themselves, any weapon with one, or a weapon with a Syndy mod are pretty powerful by that alone. God knows the Synoid Simular is pretty OP in the hands of a Mirage.

The tigris P. may probably come with  higher crit or status, or say a  4 rounds magazine or whatever , but the utility of the S.Tigris syndicate proc ( health restore+corrosive proc etc. ) is simply too appealing and for me and my taste it'll be hard to give it up over T,Prime higher dmg or magazine or whatever it'll be in store for this new prime....

Edited by arm4geddon-117

8 hours ago, VampirePirate said:

I think that making it a prime was completely unnecessary.  They could have used that investment to prime something else and provide a better variety

basically this, i dont see how a prime version will be more useful than a 1 hit kill sancti with a syndicate blast. maybe they should have looked at something like the redeemer or a none auto secondary

8 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I kinda get the feeling it won't get a bigger clip. A big part of the tigris design is it being a double barrel shotgun, doesn't give a lot of wiggle room there.

Vaykor hek? it has 4 barrels like the standard one, that had 4 shots for 4 barrels, however the vaykor has like (8?)

Personally, I'm mildly disappointed with the choices of tigris prime and the galatine prime.  I don't see how it'll replace my s. tigris because I don't routinely play against enemies higher than level 100.  And oh, shocker, yet another heavy melee weapon is selected to be primed.  Although to be fair DE let galatine prime slip a long time ago.  My point is, sparring weapons haven't received attention in years.  Years, DE!

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG