Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone who've completely stopped forma'ing their gear?

NativeKiller

I've never began doing so and most likely won't with current affinity mechanics, especially mastery rank affecting mod capacity. Sure, free 10 points from the get-go are neat... for a bit, but this turns whole level 1-10 grinding completely worthless. This makes me bitter and spiteful.

I never even touched Draco before, except unlocking the node. and I formad a lot of things, still formaing more, and  I relevel them mainly solo. With the MR rank mod capacity thing, you get a gun capable of killing lv30 things at lv0. Do some invasion, do some alerts, do some fun run. You get them back in about 2 or 3 hours. I really don´t get why do you need to level them back in one game while using some fixed frames, and pressing mainly one button.

Nope, just put 6th forma for my Kavat, 7th forma for my Braton Prime, 4th forma for my Chroma. Already lvl 30. Not using boosters. Just playing the game, try it. Idk what you all *@##$ing about. They finally removed Draco, now you need to do other missions to lvl gear, omg big deal. -_-

Draco has been removed because of overuse. It might have been a place for some normal players to gain xp for some weapons/warframes they didn't want to play in normal way

Spoiler

For example I got Rhino Prime and leveld him up with comfort and potato, but I didn't want to waste time and potato for casual Rhino so I went on Draco. Would have been much pain without it including fact I didn't actually like Rhino. For this to feel more comfortable we have mod slots equal to the rank now.

But at the same time there were lots of newbies just farming XP to get the top rank. They didn't learn a thing about how to play with different warframes. I saw one person on the twitch stream who gained XP very quickly on Draco for almost all of his warframes. And then he got 12 rank and joined The Law of Retribution as mana trinity. He didn't even turn on his teammates hp/shield/energy HUD on the right part of screen. Was pretty much pain for others to play with him.
You may complain on removing Draco forever, doesn't matter what did you use it for. But you should complain to such players do no thinking what are they doing, not to DE.

While I understand the reason to be slightly discouraged with this supposed nerf, I cannot understand why some are put off entirely, from playing the game. If at all, the playability is increased for me, because now I have more to do. If I would be able to level all my things fully up in just a few missions, I'd propably get bored after 30 mins or so.

Eh, I'm forma stuff like I used to, then just take it along for some node unlocking / fissures / alerts to get it leveled up. I usually keep either a primary or secondary weapon at max rank with me, to carry my frame/other weapons when they are newly formad.

Solo spy is the way I've been using to level gear for quite a while. So basically the presence of Draco doesn't matter to me if I'm in the mood of forma'ing. And it seems I'm far from being the only one doing that.

Loki with hushed invisibility for the stealth kills when I level a weapon.

And I use a Lex prime with Suppress to stealth kill when I'm levelling a frame.

Of course you'll also need enemy radar to help avoid being detected.

I'm getting in as much Draco Forma Leveling as possible before that update hits. Draco didn't catch on for a long time on consoles, so I was already jaded in what to level and what to throw away when it comes to weapons. I tend to keep four reliable secondaries, four primaries and four melee weapons in my inventory. Everything else is tossed out, unless proven to be a good investment. 

I always laugh when I read that argument to force players to play the game. Most of it is repetition of the same tilesets and muscle memory. Slowing down the affinity gain and getting rid of Draco wasn't the cure being asked for. We were asking for an increase to other modes. Oceaum and Pavlov should have been the Draco for Spy Missions just like Ludi should be for exterminate. So on and so on. 

The other solution is make weapons interesting, a reason to keep them, a reason to take the journey with them. Destiny names a weapon and gives it a super power like picking up ammo if shot, or say healing a team member if you shoot them. Every weapon released in Warframe should be like the syndicate weapons with some inherit buff or perk. A lot of useless mods nobody has room for could have easily be used to enhance the armory lineup, rather than sitting collecting dust in our mod inventories. 

Just go play something else. This game is stepping backwards while the grinds still remains. After SOTR almost everything are going to the opposite way.

-Draco removal? Just like what the 2nd post said, people will now need to carry these leechers in Sorties, how great. Leechframe. I pay respect to different playstyle but apparently someone in community just wants to kill variety because of a single occurrence of kill-stealing.

-Improves player progression? Quest tied to junction so players can't even get these special frames, which means no lore, no rewards, only taxi. New players could possibly quit more before they unlocks 4th planets. New players need a intention to rank up, but not 'Do this or no pass.'

-Relic reduces grind? Sorry but Axi Relic is only available in stupid Survival missions. Tons of droptables are waiting for rework but DE choose to ignore them. What they gonna do is only introducing new relics to make you grind again. Have fun with your ducat farming.

-Unfriendly PUG experience. Welcome to the game of leeches, carries, taxis, forced-keyshare and MR/Prime discrimination if you have no friends to play with. Throw all your unfriendly behavior to PUG and BOOM problem solved, huh?

Edited by VCaptiion