Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Beta, Official release?

Rizilliant

Its been several years now, and it doesnt appear to have an end in sight.. Are there any plans for it to ever officially release? Or is it going to stay in a permanent beta state?  Im asking honestly, because i really am curious, and it will affect my decision whether to continue playing or not. I dont watch their little dev streams, or talks, or whatever, and as you can see, i dont really use the forum much..

Im sure this has been asked many times, But i didnt find any with a quick search..

Edited by Rizilliant

There are no plans on getting Warframe out of beta, with good reason.

Warframe will likely always stay in beta technically. This is so the developers can make drastic changes to huge portions of the game, constantly add content very frequently, and to fix various bugs that inevitably pops up with every change and addition. That's just the kind of game Warframe is, what it was made to be.

The thing is, there's no reason to officially release Warframe. It already has insane popularity, and quality-wise Warframe would be out of beta by the time of Update 14 (2 years ago).

No, there are no plans to "officially release" Warframe, as of right now.

You could probably argue that the PC version is the beta, and the console versions are the "out-of-beta", but I think that's just arguing semantics.

People complain that DE is just holding onto this tag so they "don't have to fix their broken S#&$ty game", which is.. well, stupid, and pretentious, although there is an undeniable advantage to having the game tagged as "beta". Personally, until the game doesn't have any more placeholder bosses, they can hold onto that tag all they god damn want.

Why would you want a game that simply releases, and never expands further. That's what makes Warframe great. You can play the current content, take a break, and come back for something new. 

Either way, no, it won't be 'releasing' for a good few years.

35 minutes ago, Weidro said:

honestly i hope this game gets never out of beta

being in beta gives DE soooo mayn possibilitys and options

Sure, like getting out of beta would change any of that.

As of now it's just an excuse for the large amount of bugs and unfinished projects, so DE can keep the face even when they mess up something. Getting out of beta would also make people demand even more.

54 minutes ago, Rizilliant said:

Why does release mean the end of content?  Today, most games have post release content/updates.. It does seem like their using it as a crutch, i must say..

Alright, well  that answers my question.. Thx..

keeping it in beta means it's much easier to add content, and do stuff with the game.

it already is released, idc what they call it it's simply not in closed beta anymore, micro transactions just content added and S#&$ ''but you need beta to make drastic changes'' no you don't, LoL makes drastic changes and they aren't in beta just an excuse.

22 minutes ago, cghawk said:

it already is released, idc what they call it it's simply not in closed beta anymore, micro transactions just content added and S#&$ ''but you need beta to make drastic changes'' no you don't, LoL makes drastic changes and they aren't in beta just an excuse.

It allows DE to update the game very very frequently. Also, not closed beta, open beta.

DE will decide if it's in beta or not. With the beta tag, it allows them to do many things with the game without issues.

League is the same game on the same map. All the "drastic changes" that it does is a new champion or a rework that takes them either months or years to do.

Edited by KJRenz