Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Warframe?

(PSN)FutureVibez_

Question

20 answers to this question

just get all of the frames, they are all good except for mag, mag is a toaster and you do not want to be a toaster

each frame handles differently for each person so you sort of need to try each frame to know if you like the feeling of some frames

13 minutes ago, (PS4)FutureVibez_ said:

I'm new at this game and would like some help choosing a Warframe to try to get. I like to be in the action and to be the one getting most of he kills and don't want to die. And also if you guys could also suggest some weapons to go with that frame

The best tank frames include Rhino (as was mentioned earlier), Inaros, Chroma, Frost and Valkyr. Other frames that can take a good amount of damage and can fight well include Excalibur and Ash. I'm sure there are others, but those tend to be some of the more popular ones when it comes to jumping into the middle of a fight.

Edit: That being said, any frame, with a good amount of practice, can be used to 'get most of the kills' and not die.

Edited by (PS4)abbacephas
Added some stuff.

1 minute ago, Govictory said:

just get all of the frames, they are all good except for mag, mag is a toaster and you do not want to be a toaster

each frame handles differently for each person so you sort of need to try each frame to know if you like the feeling of some frames

Mag is amazing and is immensely fun for solo survival runs. But she's a bit advanced, and can be difficult to play well due to being squishy and power- dependent. So you should avoid mag for now, OP, and try rhino, frost, Inaros, or Excalibur. All of those will allow you to get lots of kills easily, and they are easy to play. 

Later on in the game I'd suggest Chroma. He's weird to play at first, but he can become a crazy strong tank, and can deal a ton of damage with all his weapons just by using one power (Vex Armor). Not to mention that his ult can make more credits drop from enemies on death, which is always helpful. You obtain his parts from junctions (in the upcoming update, I don't think PS4 players have it yet) so just keep on playing and you'll get him eventually. For now you should go with the other people's suggestions, like Rhino.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)FutureVibez_ said:

I'm new at this game and would like some help choosing a Warframe to try to get. I like to be in the action and to be the one getting most of he kills and don't want to die. And also if you guys could also suggest some weapons to go with that frame

Sometimes it is not about getting most kills but completing objective. It dosnt matter how many you kill if rescue target is dead.

But super new players friendly warframe is... Excalibur. Mobility. Defense. CC. Nuke. AOE. all you ever wanted.

Other frames to get: Rhino. Frost. Loki.

Weapns: Karak. Sonicor. Dual Zoren.

Carrier sentinel.

Starting plat on warframe slots.

The boss of Venus drops parts for a warframe called Rhino that sounds like just what you're looking for. Try working through the map in that direction.

His fourth ability stuns enemies in weird poses and causes them to flip around, so for Rhino I tend to prefer regular damage weapons like Boltor or karak, as opposed to crit based weapons like Paris or Soma which are more rewarding when making headshots.

Excalibur is amazing for what your play style sounds like. I tend to steer people away from Rhino too soon because the become complacent and feel every warframe after his should be able to toe-to-toe with heavy gunners in the face. Rhino can create bad habits if you use him too much too soon. You will eventually run into enemies that will outlast you in a straight face to face fight and then when you move to another frame, you will feel weaker than ever. Use Excal and learn to use your abilities to blind/stun, kill and evade. You will become an unstoppable killing machine without being dependent on a frame that is bulletproof at low levels. 

If you really want to kill everything, try ember. When you activate your ult, you just run through levels while everything dies. When you get to higher levels where this doesn't do enough damage, there's an augment mod that makes it stunlock them instead.

If you want to kill everything after that, there's Saryn, but the boss who drops her is at the very end of the star chart.

9 minutes ago, Clem2-TheClemening said:

If you really want to kill everything, try ember. When you activate your ult, you just run through levels while everything dies. When you get to higher levels where this doesn't do enough damage, there's an augment mod that makes it stunlock them instead.

If you want to kill everything after that, there's Saryn, but the boss who drops her is at the very end of the star chart.

Not to mention her boss is one of the more difficult ones to newer players due to her complex battle

23 minutes ago, Govictory said:

Do not listen to this person.  They have issues discerning between a good Warframe and a kitchen appliance.  =.=

32 minutes ago, (PS4)FutureVibez_ said:

Ash.  He gets the most kills because of Blade Storm.  Since his ult is not effected by his melee weapon, I don't really have a suggestion for his weapons.  With a Bladestorm build, you'll be in a position where you wont really be using them that much.  

Loki.  He gets a melee bonus while invisible, but is really squishy.  I'd suggest getting his augment; Irradiating Disarm for Crowd Control.  Since he gets the melee bonus, I'd suggest Broken War, War, or Orthos Prime.

Saryn.  She's a little tricky, but i've seen her do some devastation to mobs.  Same for Ash.

Excalibur. A good all 'rounder Warframe.  He has Crowd Control as well as damage (Radial Blind + Exalted Blade)  Excal's Ult uses modes from whatever melee you have equipped, so...Broken War, War.

2 hours ago, Govictory said:

do not underestimate mag... her 2 can deal serious damage when charged by a beam weapon and/or using the lanka... it also scales off of enemy damage making it stronger late to endgame... if you keep using her 3 a lot then you're missing out

Just now, NobleParadox96 said:

do not underestimate mag... her 2 can deal serious damage when charged by a beam weapon and/or using the lanka... it also scales off of enemy damage making it stronger late to endgame... if you keep using her 3 a lot then you're missing out

look maybe i didn't make myself clear

yes mag is good, but is she a good frame for new players? nope, she has the durabilty of wet paper and i have seen it but alot of new players just rush things and forget that the enemies are firing at them and BOOM they die, and thus my reasoning behind saying mag is a toaster because she is not incredibly useful to learn the game with and can be seen to be one diemensional by newer players since they don't know how to utilize her abilities to their fullest till they have more experience

Just now, Govictory said:

look maybe i didn't make myself clear

yes mag is good, but is she a good frame for new players? nope, she has the durabilty of wet paper and i have seen it but alot of new players just rush things and forget that the enemies are firing at them and BOOM they die, and thus my reasoning behind saying mag is a toaster because she is not incredibly useful to learn the game with and can be seen to be one diemensional by newer players since they don't know how to utilize her abilities to their fullest till they have more experience

Okay, see, this statement is one I can get behind. I even said as much. I think the reason so many people have rushed to mag's defense is because of this sentence fragment:

2 hours ago, Govictory said:

they are all good except for mag

Mag lovers such as myself see that and start gearing up for battle, you know? 

I agree, though, that mag isn't a good choice for new players, and shouldn't be a starter frame. Tbh Loki was a better starter frame than mag. I'm not sure why they changed it. 

Just don't be talking smack about my girl, ya hear? We'll be watching you...  (just kidding) (but not really)

3 hours ago, Govictory said:

whats wrong with mag? I feel everytime someone says she is bad they expose how they don't understand the game.