Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New cephalon melee weapon. My problems with it.

Aphelion_Sole

-     First, its a hammer, and i can say without a doubt that just about every single person wanted it to be something such as a gunblade, or sword and shield. Iv even seen cephalon claw concepts. But for some reason it was decided a hammer would be best, even tho heavy weapons already have 3 new additions, "dss, war and fragor prime' and another heavy weapon, the galatine prime is also coming soon. In all honesty, i dont know why this was even let into the game. Not trying to dev bash, but this is a letdown for me and just about most of my friends and people i know. Gonna be very blunt with this next one.

-     Why the hell does it deal impact dmg and not magnetic dmg. This weapon not only ignores every wish iv seen expressed of what i could have been, but also the basic principle of the own weapons BASE DMG. 

-     In my opinion, and the only suggestion i can give, and it is very frank and even i think its honestly rude, is to have this thing removed from the game, scrapped, and started from square 1. 

-     Literally, i know its petty, but this is about the only time I have been 100% disappointed with DE, but for reasons and the un-understanding of people im just gonna clarify "this is all my own opinions and you are subject to your own. I will not take any negative feedback to my opinion badly so long as it is not personally bashing of myself and or others who may have the same or similar opinion"

It's not that it's rude to suggest it's removal... It's just the most impractical thing they could possibly do. The fact that that a vocal minority don't think it should be a hammer isn't a reason to remove it, and the fact that it totally should be dealing magnetic damage (which I totally agree with) also isn't a reason to remove it.

If you don't like it, don't use it. simple, I think the "Hammer" is just fine, if you want a Gunblade, wait for it to come out, it was shown in the Devstream, why does DE have to do what we wish?, if they want something they do, not based of our own disapprovals. Oh did people want a shield or a claw, well thats too bad, its a "Players" concept not DEs, I've never seen DE ever at any point, say "Yes your idea is great, its in the game, enjoy". thats not how it works OP.

If people are already complaining about a weapon, that JUST came out, then I have no idea what  to say, really with the feedback it got all I can see is that the weapon needs tiny changes, a buff and interior mag proc Mag damage, like the others.

Also is it really that big of a issue that we have more heavy weapons?, alot of players wanted more and we got, and now players complain we have to much?, you can never please anyone can you?.

Also, whats this rubbish about removing the weapon, where you getting this from OP?, DE will NEVER remove a weapon, due to of salty players, they have never removed anything from the game, besides revert changes or edit a helmet, because they got upset.

As far I'm concerned the weapon is great, not perfect mind you, but good enough, the artwork style on its great so I give credit to DE for making this weapon..

Edited by LegionCynex

2 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

It's not that it's rude to suggest it's removal... It's just the most impractical thing they could possibly do. The fact that that a vocal minority don't think it should be a hammer isn't a reason to remove it, and the fact that it totally should be dealing magnetic damage (which I totally agree with) also isn't a reason to remove it.

i would not call the only people talking about what it could be months before release the vocal minority, they were the only ones. 

2 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

If you don't like it, don't use it. simple 

I understand this, thats why im not using it, but i am still allowed to voice my opinion on why im not using. And i might have used it if it was not another fuking heavy weapon.

1 minute ago, rapt0rman said:

Them being the only ones is exactly why they're the vocal minority, as opposed to the silent majority.

and the silent majority never said anything because they never cared, neither did i till i saw this thing in the morning.

Honestly, I'd suggest additions so as not to limit players to this one thing. Hit all or most of the weapons classes. Not like Simaris has a serious stock of weapons and tools to work with in the first place. I also find the non magnetic damage to be a bit odd as well though. As for those that say, "then don't use it." It's not that simple when DE pushes to use everything at least a little bit and attaches MR to it in the first place. I have Synoid Simulor already and I need to get the regular one too for completion's sake. Will I like it or do I actually need it? No, and by a long shot.

Personal suggestion would add to the thrown weapons category to flesh that set out a bit more. This would also be far more viable as a Simaris weapon as it plays to stealth and hunting over sheer brute force.

Edited by Cortanis

Personally I think that this weapon is fine EXCEPT you get codex scans instead of simulacrum scans. 

But what's good about this weapon is that they have the build in place now to make more weapons like it for the other categories if they choose to. So that's not a terribly bad thing. >.> I would have liked it more if it was sword and shield but still.. 

I think the weapon looks beautiful and is a great addition to people who really like to fill out their Codex (like me), but I guess our opinions differ. I agree with you that it would be better for the Heliocor to deal magnetic damage instead of impact damage, as we already have the Fragor Prime as a superior choice for the latter (and, more generally, the Heliocor isn't meant to be a top damage pick), and my biggest criticism is that the weapon can't draw from Synthesis scans, which would've made far more sense, but other than that it's a fun new addition with a cool new mechanic, one I hope gets added to the Simulor and Gammacor (both regular versions, not the Synoid options).

I have one and only one question.  Is it a Kitty hammer?  Can I use it to squish codes out of Kavats?  If not this thing should not exist.  It's just mastery fodder and I don't want it costing Simarus Rep.  If it does squish codes out of Kavats then it is a welcome relief to those of us who don't want to walk around with selfie sticks.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

I have one and only one question.  Is it a Kitty hammer?  Can I use it to squish codes out of Kavats?  If not this thing should not exist.  It's just mastery fodder and I don't want it costing Simarus Rep.  If it does squish codes out of Kavats then it is a welcome relief to those of us who don't want to walk around with selfie sticks.

Yes. You can squish codes out of Kavats with it.

Personally, from a logic standpoint, I'm against giving the Heliocor pure Magnetic damage (and most other physically based weapons pure elemental damage). There is no good argument consistent with enough of physics to be believable for a bludgeoning weapon of any sort to not deal physical damage.

I've been thinking, instead of making this one do magnetic damage, why not just make the Suda version do magnetic damage, so the Simaris one can be an actual sidegrade instead of being left in the dust like with the Simulor. 

I mean, its a bit of a different situation anyways: The Simulor needed huge stat improvements in general, even just for quality of life. 

The Heliocor hardly needs buffs. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

20 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

If you don't like it, don't use it. simple, I think the "Hammer" is just fine, if you want a Gunblade, wait for it to come out, it was shown in the Devstream, why does DE have to do what we wish?, if they want something they do, not based of our own disapprovals. Oh did people want a shield or a claw, well thats too bad, its a "Players" concept not DEs, I've never seen DE ever at any point, say "Yes your idea is great, its in the game, enjoy". thats not how it works OP.

If people are already complaining about a weapon, that JUST came out, then I have no idea what  to say, really with the feedback it got all I can see is that the weapon needs tiny changes, a buff and interior mag proc Mag damage, like the others.

Also is it really that big of a issue that we have more heavy weapons?, alot of players wanted more and we got, and now players complain we have to much?, you can never please anyone can you?.

Also, whats this rubbish about removing the weapon, where you getting this from OP?, DE will NEVER remove a weapon, due to of salty players, they have never removed anything from the game, besides revert changes or edit a helmet, because they got upset.

As far I'm concerned the weapon is great, not perfect mind you, but good enough, the artwork style on its great so I give credit to DE for making this weapon..

i get DE own the game and can do what they want with it but ultimately the game is nothing without us the players so if we want gun blades it would be in DEs best interest to give us more gunblades tho the timing of when it cames out and the stats are all for DE  to do whatever they want with it. and dude we have too much new heavy weapons now theres the war, fragor prime, sibear,heliocor and the upcoming galantine prime, while other classes like the gunblades are laking (only one) i know theres a new one coming but u can see the difference

2 hours ago, (PS4)ifeanoiba said:

i get DE own the game and can do what they want with it but ultimately the game is nothing without us the players so if we want gun blades it would be in DEs best interest to give us more gunblades tho the timing of when it cames out and the stats are all for DE  to do whatever they want with it. and dude we have too much new heavy weapons now theres the war, fragor prime, sibear,heliocor and the upcoming galantine prime, while other classes like the gunblades are laking (only one) i know theres a new one coming but u can see the difference

They do need to do a lot more development in the different weapons categories as you mentioned. They really should be doing at least two new gunblades that are distinct in their own rights. Other weapon classes that need a lot of love are thrown weapons (5), nunchaku (2), tonfa (2), whips (3), or really any of the other low count weapons classes that could really use some expansions. We don't really need another sword, hammer, heavy blade, or dual blade at this point. >.>

Again, i said it was my own opinion, and not to be an &#! about it. If your gonna post pointless trash comments instead of constructive criticisms and or your own opinion on the weapon itself, then you can leave.

22 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

It wasn't the exact thing OP wanted for christmas and it therefore needs to be taken away from everyone.

On 7/29/2016 at 1:23 AM, LegionCynex said:

Like i said in a post right above me, opinions on weapons, not trash dissing my own opinion, i actually like your last sentence because you posted your opinion, the rest however is simply meant to antagonize, Plz refrain from adding any more of this.

Edited by williamwatsonMH4

9 hours ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

Like i said in a post right above me, opinions on weapons, not trash dissing my own opinion, i actually like your last sentence because you posted your opinion, the rest however is simply meant to antagonize, Plz refrain from adding any more of this.

You did say the weapon should be removed, that is just about as antagonizing as you can get.

8 hours ago, DrBorris said:

You did say the weapon should be removed, that is just about as antagonizing as you can get.

No, i said IN MY OPINION. I never made fun of a single persons opinion. I fully respect those who like the weapon now, and those who think it needs change. An opinion is an opinion and there is nothing wrong with stating one, but attacking someone elses opinion and/or self is wrong, that is what i was pointing out.