Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are "companions" power mods still a thing?

Stoner

They could have done like warframes. I don't quite understand why it's still a thing. Especially the "attack" one for sentinels. They really need to look at them again, it's been too long.

I understand for kavats and kubrows wanting some versatility but the rest... 

Edited by Stoner74

1 minute ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Can you elaborate please? I'm confused as to what you're trying to say.

I think he means the actual skills being mods rather then having them like the Warframes.
though lets not forget that when the Warframes got the treatment we lost mod slots (some of us made different build by removing the skill polarity)

5 minutes ago, Ahcruna said:

I think he means the actual skills being mods rather then having them like the Warframes.
though lets not forget that when the Warframes got the treatment we lost mod slots (some of us made different build by removing the skill polarity)

Oh yeah, I remember that. I had a build where I had no powers but was an indestructible frost. Fun times

They're not so much powers more as they are us telling them what they should and shouldn't use and in what order.

Since we can't directly control them the closest we can get to that is giving them commands which is what these cards should be thought of.

Simply commands.

I think there should be a few mods for all of the sentinels telling them when to attack, and make vacuum usable for all companions to make people use something else than carrier.

Then you have to think what to do with carrier, but it's much less of a problem and I'm positive someone could come up with a few ideas.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Can you elaborate please? I'm confused as to what you're trying to say.

a few years ago, your frame's powers were tied to "mod cards" and in order to have a power to use, you had to have the power mod card sloted in and take a mod slot.

i remember just having vortex on my Vauban forever ago and that was the only power i could use in a mission

33 minutes ago, Wiz3rd said:

I think there should be a few mods for all of the sentinels telling them when to attack, and make vacuum usable for all companions to let people use something else than carrier.

Then you have to think what to do with carrier, but it's much less of a problem and I'm positive someone could come up with a few ideas.

Ftfy

Well a quite simple solution, simply give a new "precept" tab on the sentinels (like the abilities tab for warframes), where you can move up/down precepts' priorities, and even toggle them off. That could even work like with frames, you unlock X precept when the sentinel reaches level Y.