The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Thanks, seems like I'm going to create a new account just to replay the secind dream and carefully watch the cinematics again.

As for the main topic, I think DE should do an Umbra access (with all the hype about umbra they might earn lots of money if they do) and rotate it each certain time but not creating umbra for frames already primed but for those who lack of an upgrade (Excalibur fits here because of widely known reasons)

Thanks, seems like I'm going to create a new account just to replay the second dream and carefully watch the cinematic's again.

As for the main topic, I think DE should do an Umbra access (with all the hype about umbra they might earn lots of money if they do) and rotate it each certain time but not creating umbra for frames already primed but for those who lack of an upgrade (Excalibur fits here because of widely known reasons)

true, id throw plat if it was exclusive lol, but i hope its more... of a upgarde, if only for Excalibur, thats fine, it would be fun if more frames could become umbra 

it may even be a "upgrade" for existing Excalibur(s) to gain the stalkers powers and become a Shadow ?

im  just someone who has an interest in it and im trying to compact any and all facts and info i gather into one place 

I think the Umbras are going to be dark side frames that the Lotus knows about but is hiding from us for fear of losing us to absolute power and evil.

yeah ive thought the same along the way

old saying

"for were there is light there must be darkness, neither can exist without the other"

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

yeah ive thought the same along the way

old saying

"for were there is light there must be darkness, neither can exist without the other"

Well it makes me wonder what is next for the Tenno or us as the frames.

The Sentients are here, but I can't help but get this feeling that those who use the Umbra frames will in some way end up fighting for the Sentients. The Grineer, Corpus, and Infestation we have trumped but what of Hunhow and the possible other Sentient minds? Will there be a Tenno civil war?

Well it makes me wonder what is next for the Tenno or us as the frames.

The Sentients are here, but I can't help but get this feeling that those who use the Umbra frames will in some way end up fighting for the Sentients. The Grineer, Corpus, and Infestation we have trumped but what of Hunhow and the possible other Sentient minds? Will there be a Tenno civil war?

true, but another thought is we may need to gain the power of umbra to battle the sentients or a coming enemy

from my experience i was a bit scared of them from forum talk, but after combat i had little trouble with them (i use different element build weapons anyway,lol) but the biggest issue i noted besides adaptation was they did not seem to take much damage from ...anything..... granted hey are a new enemy, but in our damage 2.0 they are not affected by anything in the same way as other enemies. i noticed my normal damage i would deal was significant reduced when combating them

saryn was quite effective but still they had a very large HP range. the only thing that turns them to butter was the operators hand blast 

but who knows, 

The last devstream of the year said they were figuring out a way to implement Umbras (I believe more from a lore perspective rather than a gameplay one), so no concrete release time.

I suppose we'll have to keep waiting.

EDIT: Ninja'd by information straight from the horse's mouth.

Edited by Otenko

The last devstream of the year said they were figuring out a way to implement Umbras (I believe more from a lore perspective rather than a gameplay one), so no concrete release time.

I suppose we'll have to keep waiting.

EDIT: Ninja'd by information straight from the horse's mouth.

Do not feel shame or failure, for Bunny is a Ninja Bunny!

>.>

(...)

Umbras? Oh god, are Umbras going to be the new Prime Warframes? *Sigh* Here we go again with the direct upgrades. 

Ok, so I get that I'm gonna come across as a total hipster about this, but....why are people apparently so excited about Umbra 'frames? (If I were really looking for trouble I'd crack a joke about people being super thirsty for Umbra all of a sudden.)

Umbras will be in the game eventually. They'll come with cool lore. Maybe I'll hunt for the parts of one! I probably will, in fact. Otherwise....absolutely no biggie. Much more interested in stuff to do with Operators and a retuned Focus system.

Is it because it looks cool? Is it expected to be more powerful? Is it to do with Excal Prime, and how people might have been wanting some kind of sweet Excalibur variant for a long time, but couldn't or didn't get the Founder's pack?

Like I said, I probably do come across as a sneering hipster, at least a little bit, sorry, but I'm genuinely curious. 

As I said in another topic, we weren't supposed to know about Umbra that soon, so we were not supposed to wait this much either.

How can you claim to know that DE were planning on revealing Umbra to us at all? If we hadn't found him in July, how do you know they wouldn't have just kept quiet?

All they seemed to do since his discovery was give extremely vague snippets of information and purposely shrugging off, or outright ignoring, any big questions.