The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

I really hope Umbras gonna be a sidegrade.  To many formas and potatos in my primes.

If i think about it in never play a regular frame witch has prime version. If they will be upgrade the same will happen to my primes.

IIRC, Umbra is supposed to be better stat-wise than Excalibur Prime, which reduces him to not much more than a symbol of Founder Status. I don't think DE plan on changing him for us either, though it can also be argued that a sidegrade would be disappointing, given the time it will have taken to get us Umbra Excal.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

IIRC, Umbra is supposed to be better stat-wise than Excalibur Prime, which reduces him to not much more than a symbol of Founder Status. I don't think DE plan on changing him for us either, though it can also be argued that a sidegrade would be disappointing, given the time it will have taken to get us Umbra Excal.

Arguing that a sidegrade would be disappointing is ignoring the fundamental issue of power creep.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

a side grade to prime is still an upgrade of what you already have ._. what's there to be disappointed in?

4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Umm, no. The Umbra Prime on ChinaFrame is not what we'll get just like Nezha and Wukong which are both derpy OP over there. (Then again Chinese games always have issues balancing their junk)

It won't even look exactly the same, they'll be de-china-ing it a bit for us.

Edited by SilvaDreams

Know what would be cool? If they released a set of Umbras all at once to surprise us. Like Excal and Nyx and Frost and Ember and Mag and Volt all at once instead of just Excal Umbra. That would be a pleasant surprise. 

Edited by Plushy

11 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

I have an interesting idea for umbra, What if he has special animation set, something to do with his Excal Blade :-D 

And this  was my (dream) assumption for the umbra proto appearance:VQoB0Yc.jpg

but in fact the reality looks better than I imagined:12b6kAz.jpg

that's all I'm looking for :)

personally the red and black one is my new favorite, but that proto does look nice 

I actually recall hearing they are a straight upgrade from the prime variant. Don't quote me, I do not have the time to go find the source. I think it was in one of the recent (past ten) devstreams.

Edited by Skaleek

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I actually recall hearing they are a straight upgrade from the prime variant. Don't quote me, I do not have the time to go find the source. I think it was in one of the recent (past ten) devstreams.

the devs never mentioned anything statwise, they answered a question regarding the look of umbra saying it will be virtually identical. the superior stats thing is based off china's umbra prime which has 50 more energy than excal prime.

personally, i dont see DE making them stronger then primes ..more  equivalent to the counter part primes

similar stats with alternative decreases / additions to make them a different flavor. which can cater to certain play styles

Example: as a double edges sword

decreased armor but better sprint speed

decreased shields more HP 

less power, more power strength 

-edit-

these are old stats and DE did say they are doing tweaks on primes also

current excal prime stats

Health

100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)

Shield

100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)

Armor

Power

100.0 (150.0 at rank 30)

Polarities

1x Vazarin Pol
2x Madurai Pol

Aura Polarity

1x Madurai Pol

1HZqU9U.jpg?1

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Just now, LordOfScrugging said:

the devs never mentioned anything statwise, they answered a question regarding the look of umbra saying it will be virtually identical. the superior stats thing is based off china's umbra prime which has 50 more energy than excal prime.

Ah gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. My B.

28 minutes ago, D20 said:

I cleaned the most recent posts.

I know you guys have a hard time to wait for Excalibur Umbra, but please keep in mind that it's not a reason to dev bash or post inflammatory content. Let's keep everything civil.

Thanks! 

15 hours ago, ZodiacShinryu said:

I would be careful with this comparison. As far as I am aware China Build doesn't have Excalibur Umbra yet even.  What they do have is Excalibur Umbra PRIME which was a program similar to Founders for China.  It is a prime of the umbra but they also don't have the base which may or may not be a placeholder for the umbra system.  And since I haven't seen any pictures of base Excalibur Umbra I am going to assume as a whole he just hasn't been released.

As such try not to get your hopes up too high.  There are a lot of misleading language flying around and its hard to pin point what exactly is happening. I've heard rumors that they will share the same model but I haven't seen any sources other than Steve tweeted once that it would have shiny parts. It also doesn't make sense because I've seen official statements by Changyou saying only China will have Umbra Prime which isn't exactly true if they share the same model. That and people are saying the Shadow Stalker is using the Umbra body but it looks nothing like China's Umbra. This is something that well just need to wait and see. The product we get could vary quite a bit, appearance and stats.

China does have Umbra. Their version is called prime to reward the players who funded that version of the game. Normal Umbra is the version we're getting. Same looks, different passives/stats, they just took the prime off the name because they're not legally allowed to redistribute Excalibur Umbra prime here in the U.S 

Edited by Demoonic

1 hour ago, Demoonic said:

China does have Umbra. Their version is called prime to reward the players who funded that version of the game. Normal Umbra is the version we're getting. Same looks, different passives/stats, they just took the prime off the name because they're not legally allowed to redistribute Excalibur Umbra prime here in the U.S 

Except I already covered all of this in what I said. You just regurgitated the same rumor at me without providing any more info to which I can confirm it. It is true that changing the name does technically make it different but there is also the spirit of the agreement.  They could've done this long ago to Excalibur Prime (though if what is said is true Umbra is sort of this work around) to give everyone the Prime but not the Prime if they were just going to bypass certain caveats of an agreement. But they haven't (at least up to now).

Now if China's Umbra is the Prime are you inferring that they are not getting the base at all? Sort of the reverse of the current Excalibur base vs Prime we have now. While their lore can be different from our build (and from what I hear it is different), this move would be denying them a whole content base. From one of the devstreams (I think it was early this year) the devs seemed to want to make the umbra a little different mechanically (the umbra system) and not just another warframe variant as well as lore for it. It certainly doesn't take this long to make lore for what will basically be another skin. It would be a little weird to introduce the system over there when the normal Umbral looks the same as the Prime though I suppose they could make another model just for them again. But as I have said it has been increasing hard to pin point what exactly is happening the Umbra overall but if things are different enough id find it odd that China players wouldn't also want it.

1 hour ago, ZodiacShinryu said:

Except I already covered all of this in what I said. You just regurgitated the same rumor at me without providing any more info to which I can confirm it. It is true that changing the name does technically make it different but there is also the spirit of the agreement.  They could've done this long ago to Excalibur Prime (though if what is said is true Umbra is sort of this work around) to give everyone the Prime but not the Prime if they were just going to bypass certain caveats of an agreement. But they haven't (at least up to now).

No need to get hostile, I wasn't bashing your post I was just stating all the information that's been shared with us, that's all we have just tweets and rumors currently. 

Edited by Demoonic

3 hours ago, Demoonic said:

No need to get hostile, I wasn't bashing your post I was just stating all the information that's been shared with us, that's all we have just tweets and rumors currently. 

Actually, the look will be virtually identical, or 94% identical as Steve tweeted a while ago, so there will be a difference between Umbra and Umbra Prime. 

Though, every info we're basing on is so old that I wouldn't count too much on anything at this point! 

Edited by siralextraffo

24 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Actually, the look will be virtually identical, or 94% identical as Steve tweeted a while ago, so there will be a difference between Umbra and Umbra Prime. 

Though, every info we're basing on is so old that I wouldn't count too much on anything at this point! 

Wait, I thought Steves tweet said it was going to be 96% similar?

2 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

I personally don't prefer the protruding bits on his elbows. I hope the global version will be more akin to Shadow Stalker.. minus the Stalker helm of course.

Do you have the picture that Steve tweeted?

Edited by KuroShiranui