The+Second+Stream+Podcast:+Episode+1

[DE]Drew

The Second Stream Topics  

1,425 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Titania's Shrink ability should use the new Archwing controls (6-degrees of freedom) or should it use the Sharkwing (classic) controls?

• It should use the new controls with 6 degrees of freedom!
    • It should use Sharkwing (classic) controls!
    • I don't feel strongly either way.
    • No opinion on this topic.
  2. 2. How complex should the buffs be from Titania's Soul Swipe ability?

• Very complex - give me all the buffs!
    • Moderately complex - diverse, but not too complicated to remember.
    • Not complex - the buffs should be straightforward and practical.
    • I'm not sure - need more information.
  3. 3. With the upcoming Shadows of the Dead changes, do you think quality of Shadows is better than quantity?

• Yes, give me fewer but better Shadows.
    • No, I want an army of Shadows.
    • Other (post an explanation below)
  4. 4. Do you agree with the choice to add some less common melee weapons as Syndicate Weapons?

• Yes, give some love to less common weapons.
    • No, the popular melee weapons would have been a better choice.
    • Other (post an explanation below).
  5. 5. What is your opinion on breaking up big updates into several smaller updates?

• Break them up completely for more consistent updates over a long period.
    • Break them up a bit so we get chunks of new content intermittently.
    • Don't break them up so we get big update patches with breaks inbetween.
    • Other (post an explanation below).
  6. 6. Fun topic: choose all the video game labels that DON'T apply to Warframe!

• Dating Simulator
    • Survival Horror
    • Visual Novel
    • Roguelike
    • RTS
    • Casual

This poll is closed to new votes

Regarding shadows of the dead, It's not that I want fewer or more shadows, but I think if we fully explore Nekros theme as well as bringing augments into the mix we could have some interesting builds and concepts in the future. Like having one or two really tough shadows that stick around indefinately as the the player as nekros "feed" them by killing stuff. Or a shadow grows stronger after every kill or kill assist. 

12 hours ago, Oranji said:

The Bad:

• Rakta Dark Dagger - Is wrong on so many levels unless a way to disable it's auto syndicate proc is implemented which I don't think will happen anytime soon(pls prove me wrong).  It also is pretty much useless on stealth missions in general and will probably wake up enemies when using Ivara & Equinox too.

When will this be addressed? Stealth weapons should not auto-proc, certainly not with a burst. How about increased stats for a team or decreased enemy awareness instead of alarming poof?

About relays and fomorians: 
Can fomorian attacks be performed on the advanced clan dojos that have very big online?
Results of winning would give unique content to the participants, but loosing would make dojo damaged and would require recources to repair rooms. Damaged rooms are not functioning.
Or even an assaults on dojos, when tenno are fighting with greneer or corpus within their own familiar grounds, beign able to help in the alliances.

2 hours ago, (PS4)VariantX7 said:

Regarding shadows of the dead, It's not that I want fewer or more shadows, but I think if we fully explore Nekros theme as well as bringing augments into the mix we could have some interesting builds and concepts in the future. Like having one or two really tough shadows that stick around indefinately as the the player as nekros "feed" them by killing stuff. Or a shadow grows stronger after every kill or kill assist. 

You mean like the Goliaths from Borderlands? Yeah I'd want that. Maybe not for Nekros, but I'd want it.

1. Do you think Titania's Shrink ability should use the new Archwing controls (6-degrees of freedom) or should it use the Sharkwing (classic) controls?

I've only done a few missions with the new Archwing controls, but one of them was a corpus sabotage. Never again.

2. How complex should the buffs be from Titania's Soul Swipe ability?

Needs more information. Is "complex" also more situational? For example, do we need to be doing Blast damage already for a Bombard buff to help us? Will it affect powers like Fireball Frenzy and similar augments? Would the buff be affected by power strength? Is power strength something we'd build for on Titania? I'm afraid this ability will be like Mirage's Sleight of Hand -- interesting in concept and almost completely ignored in gameplay.

3. With the upcoming Shadows of the Dead changes, do you think quality of Shadows is better than quantity?

Quality, it felt weird being incentivised to NOT kill the common units swarming the group just because it would affect your shadow queue.

4. Do you agree with the choice to add some less common melee weapons as Syndicate Weapons?

I feel those weapons are less common for a reason. More than just having lower stats, many melee categories simply don't have competitive, fun, or easy to obtain stances. It's also difficult to get an accurate feel for how one type compares to another as the timing, number of hits, and strength of each hit within a stance isn't transparent.

5. What is your opinion on breaking up big updates into several smaller updates?

It's not surprising, considering how updates have been growing more ambitious. How about one larger, though manageable, update with the additional content going to X.(5 / 10 / 15) type patches?

6. Fun topic: choose all the video game labels that DON'T apply to Warframe!

Warframe becomes "Survival Horror" whenever you are matched with a group of "Casuals." :P

Interesting  to  read the above feedback and tbh a few good points have been raised. I agree if a syndicate mod attached to wpn like scattered  justice Hek then you should then go ahead create a syndicate wpn that renders that mod useless as a high percentage  of ppl will naturally just use wpn, so maybe a lack of creativity there. 

But as for the syndicate  malee choices,

I think whatever the Devs would of choose someone would be unhappy.

I think every say 2 years wpns should be reviewed  n naturally recieve some sort of buff or rework. Because its got to the level with all the new and more powerful  wpns being created we will naturally lose intrest in our old favs as they dont put out high damge.

Perfect example would be PRIME wpns like Othros , Sicarus, Bo . (Ak)Bronco.

Theres currently fair more better regular  wpns that surpass the above making you ask question whats actually good rocking a prime  wpn apart from te fashion  element cause it no longer puts out that high damage.

In response to Question 4 and the syndicate melee weapons: the issue isn’t what weapons are added it’s why should they be used? Red crit has helped significantly with melee to make equipping the weapons more viable, but large scaling still doesn’t feel like it’s there for most melees without having to maintain and build the combo counter.  Only maintaining a combo counter for long term play purposes just doesn’t feel fulfilling as the variety of using multiple weapons in a mission, especially the endless variety. 

I think it was AGGP who started in on the idea of unique perks these weapons such as a charged AOE swing, granted I feel that charge attacks for most melee weapons should do some kind of AOE blast or slash.  The Jat Kittag’s Kela De Thaym mod really seems to be the best example of how a melee weapon can go higher in Warframe gameplay without having to maintain the combo meter.  Perhaps these weapons could come with such a perk, but that seems like an idea better applied more broadly in Damage 3.0 whenever that happens.  Maybe the weapons could come with their own mods?  This is a conundrum but I personally feel some melee weapons with syndicate procs or some red crit melee weapons with syndicate procs just aren’t the right choice.

As for the line of thought that BouseFeenux started, knowing what we fight for within the system could really help the feel of the game, immensely.  Possibly even having particular nodes converted into a “Colony” tile set that are most often a social location but perhaps during alerts or events could be defense missions, or mobile defenses where we are defending colonists or colony assets.  Exterminates or sabotages where we move from the colony tileset onto a grineer or corpus ship to destroy reactors or wipe out the invaders.  Possibly Archwing Hijacks where we have to remove ships from the outside of the colony and launch them out of control into space.  A colony tileset does feel pertinent somewhere in the future of the game, and happily it could be a tileset that could be distributed across multiple planets.

On Question 5 in concept breaking a big update up into several updates sounds great on paper and there are advantages to the way in which “update 19” s rolling out.  Unfortunately there are also disadvantages in that the 4 parts seem to be rolling across 4 months.  Typically a pc account would being seeing 4 updates as it is in those four months, and a console account would see 1 to 3 of those depending on the schedule.  The latter half of last year had some great weapon and warframes that dropped.  Many warframes in fact.  We saw four warframes in the second half of last year, and I am not discounting that the content that pc has now isn’t worth it or that the content that all platforms will have in the War Within won’t be worth the wait, but I think myself and others will be curious if some new systems, changes, or effects that The War Within would be better than more frames and weapons.  Both are great though.   Can’t tell one way or the other, and make one method or the other better until the die is cast and new paths are attempted.

Also, please try to avoid putting the game into specific genres and just keep being warframe and keep being excellent :]

1)  That is not an open space ability... And that 6 degree rotation thing is still...lackluster....too soon perhaps? Let it have Sharkwing controls for now....It can be changed later anyway.

4)  I do agree...But i dont like that there are 2 hammers.  Each syndicate should stick to its unique weapon class.

5)  I think that 3-4 parts are alright.  "Humans should be hungry...but not starved" they say........And we get bugs anyway.

10 hours ago, Ojimaru said:

Why would they need new stances? There are pre-existing Stance Mods for all of them.

alot of the stances for these weapons are out of date or need another stance (tonfa). like for instance polearms have 2 stances that only have 2 combos and neither move set fits the serro, lesion, tonbo nor the sydon.

Since I voted "other" on the Updates question:

Keep doing what you're doing. If it takes more time than you originally expected to release quality content, I'm all for it.

I'd rather become a little antsy on a late release than to be disappointed with a rushed release. Sure, "hype" dies down after a while, but when that new content lands, it returns in a rather disrupting, all-consuming wave.

I accidentally voted "Casual" because I didn't read the last "question". Warframe can be casual, especially before "Void Fatigue" was fixed.

4. Do you agree with the choice to add some less common melee weapons as Syndicate Weapons?

Other: I don't give a crap how often they're used, I just want their stats to be worth using them when they're released. Rakta Dark Dagger is specifically a crap choice, I'd rather see something like Rakta Fang or Rakta Reaper.

5. What is your opinion on breaking up big updates into several smaller updates?

Other: I want them broken up, yes, but not to get the content. Rather, so that the players can police your performance throughout development. SotR is a disaster, and is still an open wound upon the body of this game. You didn't get any good input at all and worked on it for so long that the update was lost within the confines of your minds. I am confident that I could've given feedback which would have kept this update pure, but I was never given the opportunity.

:meridian:Vaykor Sydon: No complaints here (other than the puncture damage).  Maybe we'll get a polearm that has some decent damage output.  The rest just feel so weak compared to the heavy blades, hammers, katanas, and dual swords.

:hexis: Telos Boltace: Everyone saw this coming.  It fits their syndicate weapons' theme, even if it doesn't necessarily fit their sword motif.

:suda: Synoid Heliocor: This was another obvious one.  I'm just kind of annoyed that we got yet another high-end hammer, as I don't like hammers that much in the first place.  At least it'll be a decent weapon that makes farming the blasted Kavat DNA easier.

:perrin: Secura Lecta: a Secura melee with base electric damage and good reach? I'll take it.  Please give it Naramon crit viability.

:redveil: Rakta Dark Dagger: I'm conflicted about it.  On one hand, the weapon looks incredible and having a dagger fits Red Veil's theme.  On the other hand, it already has an augment mod, and I hate daggers.  This needs crit and extra range for me to even consider using it.  Status would be nice, too.

:loka: Sancti Magistar: What's the best choice of melee weapon for religious warriors?  AN AWESOME FLANGED MACE, OF COURSE!  The weapon choice is perfect, I'm really looking forward to it.  However, the hammer category already has 4 top-tier weapons with massive crit impact damage.  How can we make this one unique?  Easy: give it insane speed (at least 1.35), slash damage (those edges look really sharp to me), and decent crit/status.

I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of slash-based weapons in the lineup, and I don't think any of these will be good enough to make me put away my Prisma Dual Cleavers.  I'm holding out hope for the Sancti Magistar, though.

Edited by Telogor

"With the upcoming Shadows of the Dead changes, do you think quality of Shadows is better than quantity?"

I believe that with the SHADOWS OF THE DEAD, that the number of Shadows should be in conjuncture with the amount of health that you have, whereas the strength of the Shadows would increase depending if you have lower health. For example; If your total health is say... "666 ?" (Full Health) and you activate Shadows of the Dead, that your total number of Shadows should be around 18 to 20, but the Strength/Health/Shield/Armor of the Shadows would be Low (Yet, their duration would be high). If your health is at 100 (Or some predetermined lower increment) you would produce about 15 Shadows, but their Strength/Health/Shield/Armor would be 5 to 6 times higher (But their Duration would be lower). This would create some great gameplay dynamics.

i think that necros shadows should be buffed yess and i think the time limit being removed is great and allows for more build diversity. I think there should be a balance between the quality of the shadows and quantity tbh. The main thing they need to do is draw aggro though, and draw it hard.

another interesting change for nekros would be, what if soul punch had a 50% chance to spawn a shadow from an enemy hit by it? Just a thought

I have no issue with more or less commonly used weapons. However, you've been hammering us with hammers and that's just something I don't like. I mean, hammers were OK with Jat Kittag, more than OK with Fragor Prime, going onto absurdly useful with Heliocor and now you want to add TWO more hammers (one making sense and the other, not making any kind of sense)? If you had been so concerned about 'uncommon' weapons, what about Silva and Aegis? What about Venka? What about Kogake? Do we  have to make a #MakeKogakeGreat to get to you?

Less used weapons are cool. But not the ones you chose.

And, for crying out loud, Dark Dagger for Red Veil? Not Heat Dagger? Come on DE!

Regarding:

I would really like to see some novelty regarding Syndicate Weapons. To me it looks as if we only increasing the stats of current market weapons adding a different skin to it and whalah! I would much rather see weapons that are SYNDICATE created. True original weapons that bear the intent of the syndicate goal. Example being, Red Veil says that No blood is too precious then create a weapon that is unique and does overwhelming slash damage. Now don't go grab a SOMA Rifle and change the stats and make it look differently.

Lets see some creativity as we all know DE can do.