The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Preassure Point worthless?

(PSN)Igna232

I just bought Primed Preassure Point from Baro. And I feel I've been scammed. Rank 5 Preassure point is the same as Rank 7 PRIMED Preassure Point. And I don't have to say it costs 8 times more... Ranking primed mods is too expensive and I don't know if it's worth it...

WTH DE...

The extra 45% damage isn't really worth it what with how powerful certain  melee weapons can get even with just the normal variant.

But in the end, if you want more damage then it's going to be worth it. Otherwise no.

14 minutes ago, Keybopsef said:

The extra 45% damage isn't really worth it what with how powerful certain  melee weapons can get even with just the normal variant.

But in the end, if you want more damage then it's going to be worth it. Otherwise no.

Exactly. I wouldn't call it "cost efficient", but if you can max it and it fits in your build you have 165% more damage instead of 120%.

Edited by DNG0

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

Originally Pressure Point gave 90%, Primed Pressure point is a Primed version of that and not the current adjusted mod.

How long ago is originally?

I've heard Primed Fury is what Fury originally was before it was nerfed but I've never heard the same thing for Primed pressure point.

4 minutes ago, Keybopsef said:

How long ago is originally?

I've heard Primed Fury is what Fury originally was before it was nerfed but I've never heard the same thing for Primed pressure point.

U9,  so a bloody long time ago. 

Anyway, it's still an upgrade to a raw damage increase mod, so it'll never be worthless, despite not being cost efficient. 

Edited by siralextraffo

29 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

U9,  so a bloody long time ago. 

Anyway, it's still an upgrade to a raw damage increase mod, so it'll never be worthless, despite not being cost efficient. 

weren't they going to remove all raw base damage mods which was what was discussed in the damage 3.0 concept , weapon damage scales with its rank then ...?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Igna232 said:

I just bought Primed Preassure Point from Baro. And I feel I've been scammed. Rank 5 Preassure point is the same as Rank 7 PRIMED Preassure Point. And I don't have to say it costs 8 times more... Ranking primed mods is too expensive and I don't know if it's worth it...

WTH DE...

Man, you are do your own choice.

And this is actually part of many games progression, you can get good items fast, but best item will cost much and worth many time. Like weapon with 1k damage cost 1k gold, but 1100 -- 10k gold and 1134 -- 50k gold. 

Just lurk before you do something and prioritize dat for yourself and welcome to a game world.

Worthless? No, quite the opposite. 

The mod was snuck in by Sheldon without Scott's knowledge. 

Scott's plan for a future damage rework involves removing mandatory damage mods, which means the primed versions will almost certainly go as well. If Scott had his way, this mod likely would never have been created because he would just plan to destroy it again before long. 

So it's a good investment, if nothing else than because there is a good chance it will be replaced with a legendary core in your inventory when its inevitably removed from the game. 

I don't even really use shotguns and I probably won't level it, but I picked up a Primed Point Blank anyway not long ago because I figure it will be a good investment for future mod leveling when Scott completes his damage rework at some point down the line. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

anything that does more damage is worth it in my book. I know damage isn't everything and all, but with it maxed out, it's still a nice luxury to have.

and to everyone saying "damage 3.0", I think we're a LOOONG way off from that. months, if not years. DE have to totally rework the system without ticking off the majority of players, which is pretty much an impossible task. plus enemies should be rescaled before we start looking at our weapons, otherwise we're literally using no Pressure Point/Serration etc vs the mobs we have now, which is no good.

21 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Worthless? No, quite the opposite. 

The mod was snuck in by Sheldon without Scott's knowledge. 

Scott's plan for a future damage rework involves removing mandatory damage mods, which means the primed versions will almost certainly go as well. If Scott had his way, this mod likely would never have been created because he would just plan to destroy it again before long. 

So it's a good investment, if nothing else than because there is a good chance it will be replaced with a legendary core in your inventory when its inevitably removed from the game. 

I don't even really use shotguns and I probably won't level it, but I picked up a Primed Point Blank anyway not long ago because I figure it will be a good investment for future mod leveling when Scott completes his damage rework at some point down the line. 

You wont get a leg core. They plan on removing mid cores altogether

When maxed Prime Pressure Point provides around a 20% damage increase over the normal version (265% total base damage vs 220%) for most weapons (single daggers recieve a lesser benefit because of the fixed 100 base damage bonus of Covert Lethality, I can't think of any other weapons that have fixed base bonus mods, but there may be some) assuming you weren't using Spoiled Strike (though there weren't many situations where Spoiled Strike was especially beneficial before PPP, and now if you have a maxed PPP there are almost none :/ ).

Is 20% more damage worth the price of admission ? That's certainly debatable. It's not like the top tier melee weapons needed it to be effective at sortie levels.

But 20% is still 20%, and that's something more than worthless. ;)

31 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

You wont get a leg core. They plan on removing mid cores altogether

They will give us legendary core or close to equal compensation in amount of cores, in the end it will come out to the same thing. 

This is their usual way of compensating something like this, no reason to think it will change. We will get legendary cores or equivalent fusion value almost certainly.