Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the point of the new way of getting Auras?

BPNPC

Before Silver Grove, every single Aura was acquirable through alerts. Even when new auras were added, like EMP aura, they were added to alerts.

Now suddenly we have these 6 new auras that are acquirable only through an incredibly grindy, incredibly tedious process (some aura drop rates are single-digit). If I want to take pictures of plants I'd go play Garden Simulator. What is the point of this?

Just now, Ketec said:

The day night cycle and finding tons of plants just for a SINGLE run for a microscopic chance to get 1 aura from 1 enemy...This is just plain idiotic.

well the auras partly to , but thats just my opinion.. i mean the most desired aura for me would be the 60% more charge atack damage..... but the -90% shield modifier gives me thinking.... why?!

2 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

At least now you can do the mission as many times as you like without having to wait god knows how long for an alert to show up.

Scanning plants isn't even that hard, I consider this a step in the right direction for acquiring certain mods.

Some plants may not show u - and you need quite a few of them for a SINGLE run for a SINGLE enemy for a single digit drop rate. Triple RNG and grind wall.

1 minute ago, Ketec said:

Some plants may not show u - and you need quite a few of them for a SINGLE run for a SINGLE enemy for a single digit drop rate. Triple RNG and grind wall.

If you think spawning plants is rare then what about Aura Alerts?

They may not show up for days and chances are they won't be the ones you're looking for.

At least now farming them is somewhat more reliable than waiting forever for an alert to pop up.

14 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

well the auras partly to , but thats just my opinion.. i mean the most desired aura for me would be the 60% more charge atack damage..... but the -90% shield modifier gives me thinking.... why?!

It's -90 shield, not 90%.

13 minutes ago, Ketec said:

The specters ALWAYS drop a mod, your chances of getting an uncommon aura is pretty high. Use pilfering swarm hydroid for 2 mod drops, team up with a nekros for a chance to get 3 mods, build an apothic share squad for 8-12 mods in a single run.

Edit: I wish I had a better screenshot, but here's some proof that getting the uncommon auras is really easy:

lnZ3ciS.jpg

Edited by 16Bitman

1 minute ago, 16Bitman said:

The specters ALWAYS drop a mod, your chances of getting an uncommon aura is pretty high. Use pilfering swarm hydroid for 2 mod drops, team up with a nekros for a chance to get 3 mods, build an apothic share squad for 8-12 mods in a single run.

Wait, Ivara can't pilfer from them?

Just now, 16Bitman said:

well thats better then (i dont own the mods yet because i played before hotfix #2). still strange, if 8 people in a raid have this on... a finisher surely does deadly damage, but noone has shields after a swing.

well, gota start hunting today... still got a few potions left.

I'm more concerned about them not being tradeable, I hope that's a bug. 

Meanwhile, I'm playing garden simulator hoping to group up with someone who does the same; not really enjoying it to be honest. 

Also slightly disappointed that the Auras look just like mods with a single slot to be used in, nothing that can really be comparable to Corrosive Projecton, Energy Siphon or Rejuvenation.

19 minutes ago, BPNPC said:

Before Silver Grove, every single Aura was acquirable through alerts. Even when new auras were added, like EMP aura, they were added to alerts.

Now suddenly we have these 6 new auras that are acquirable only through an incredibly grindy, incredibly tedious process (some aura drop rates are single-digit). If I want to take pictures of plants I'd go play Garden Simulator. What is the point of this?

The point is to give bored endgame players something new to do. If you don't like it, don't do it.

I would be ok with getting flowers again if it wasnt for these two thing:

Day/Night cycle: due my daily schedule, I can only hunt for the night plants if I wake you really early, wait until 1AM or during weekends. Not healthy for me.

Jadeleaves: Not only are the flowers on Earth uncommon, they also have this rare variant, I'm lucky if I find one in a mission.

Just now, Tricky5hift said:

If you think spawning plants is rare then what about Aura Alerts?

They may not show up for days and chances are they won't be the ones you're looking for.

At least now farming them is somewhat more reliable than waiting forever for an alert to pop up.

Remember the time when you can get Armor agility only from nightmare mission? i do, it cost was about 200p due to low chances, even if you was able to farm it. BUT when De decide to run alerts with AA-it dropped in price instantly. After 2 more alert cycles it cost drops to 15-20p. AND alerts pop up more frequently now, so...ya, think about it a little.

Edited by -CM-Hekovashi

To bad helios doesn't scan faster.  I'm not even sure it scans items already complete.  It may not be that bad just to run helios and acquire plant scans automatically and run mission occasionally without specifically farming plants.  

We are actually farming plants guys...

1 minute ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

Remember the time when you can get Armor agility only from nightmare mission? i do, it cost was about 200p due to low chances, even if you was able to farm it. BUT when De decide to run alerts with AA-it dropped in price instantly. After 2 more alert cycles it cost drops to 15-20p. AND alerts pop up more frequently now, so...ya, think about it a little.

The hell does this have to do with anything?

You can't even trade these Auras.

And alerts with AA are still rare as hell, I don't remember the last time it was around.

The hell does this have to do with anything?

You can't even trade these Auras.

And alerts with AA are still rare as hell, I don't remember the last time it was around.

Let me chew it up for you-arert yes, less reliable way to getting things, but it allow you to get them without mindless boring farm. Being unable to trade them prob a bug, coz you know, wf is just one engless bug, with gring on top. I get mine first AA from alert, not from endless grinding and it feels good. I defenetly don't gonna farm for those auras, but i have an desktop gadget and app for alert and it allow me to do other stuff, like you know...work? movies? instead of farming my butt till it bleed from farm that boring af.

Just now, -CM-Hekovashi said:

Let me chew it up for you-arert yes, less reliable way to getting things, but it allow you to get them without mindless boring farm. Being unable to trade them prob a bug, coz you know, wf is just one engless bug, with gring on top. I get mine first AA from alert, not from endless grinding and it feels good. I defenetly don't gonna farm for those auras, but i have an desktop gadget and app for alert and it allow me to do other stuff, like you know...work? movies? instead of farming my butt till it bleed from farm that boring af.

Well good for you, you didn't have to wait for the planets to align and have the alert be available for yout.

Other people aren't that lucky, even if the alert shows up there's a good chance they aren't even around to do it.

Now they can make their own luck by farming it.

31 minutes ago, Ketec said:

The day night cycle and finding tons of plants just for a SINGLE run for a microscopic chance to get 1 aura from 1 enemy...This is just plain idiotic.

u can kinda cheat this by doing void sabotage with the grineer mini bosses at the end and hope u end up in earth cuz it spawns in opposite time of day that what it actually is on earth

so yeah :/

24 minutes ago, Husbandry said:

Wait, Ivara can't pilfer from them?

She can not, sadly. I was bummed, I had to switch to Nekros for my solo farming runs. Finally got Growing Power though, only Empowered Blades left to get.

Edited by Gelkor

Well good for you, you didn't have to wait for the planets to align and have the alert be available for yout.

Other people aren't that lucky, even if the alert shows up there's a good chance they aren't even around to do it.

Now they can make their own luck by farming it.

The more you agreed with adition farm that De threw at you the more you gonna get. Their statement was "We want to reduce grind", but gring is getting worse with every update and players like you are happy about it, which give De a buffer for more grind inplementation. It's not like i care anymore, but still.

Edited by -CM-Hekovashi