The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Health Issue) We need to be able to disable nekros prime wings

-Tzek4-

On 24/08/2016 at 1:33 AM, Thomak said:

I think this is going to be the first Prime frame where I will use the original after I level it for mastery.  The wing things are always in the camera...  Shame because I love Nekros

I'm doing exactly the same thing. I thought I'd leave vanilla Nekros for a long time but Nekros Prime has its aim issues

I have a little (and maybe embarassing problem) With Nekros Prime wing-like cloth:

Sometimes it obstructs vision to the center of the screen. Like, with certain movements it doesn't let me see what's ahead or what i'm shooting. The wings looks beautiful and i adore it, but i'd like some option to remove them. Can we have an option in the attachments like "Nekros prime armor" just like Volt Prime for example? 

Thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/RW1CO

I took some screenshots today as this was annoying me so much... holding a Marelok, crouching, merely turning one direction will cause the screen to be completely obstructed. The other picture shows the wing blocking the crosshair by just strafing to the left and turning slightly. I'm a very mobile player, as I feel it helps stay alive, but I hate having to alter my play style because I just can't see the enemies I want to aim at.

And while not related to the cloth, I found an issue where having a less-than-desirable run speed on Frost causes the Carrier sentinel to take up the entire left hand side of the screen if camera is on the right (reverses with camera).

107 replies, 2607 views and still no word yet if this will be changed or fixed? If it's blocking the view and causing health issues for some, it needs to be addressed.

The transparency option some people have suggested only solves half of the issue. The wings still block sight when simply strafing left and shooting without aiming down the sights.

• 1 month later...

While I'm a pretty big fan of the frame over all, I would like to see the "flaps" on the back of his upper arms become removable. They clip into the shoulder sections of his upper arm, can obscure your view when making fast moves or during melee and can clip into and become stuck in the Nekros model. I actually had the left arm flap get stuck in the back of Nekros during a missing and spent the rest of the mission with the arm flap sticking out of his chest right below his pecks. I tried jumping around and rolling in order to unstick the arm flap to no avail.  

Edited by Varbane

8 minutes ago, Varbane said:

While I'm a pretty big fan of the frame over all, I would like to see the "flaps" on the back of his upper arms become removable. They clip into the shoulder sections of his upper arm, can obscure your view when making fast moves or during melee and can clip into and become stuck in the Nekros model. I actually had the left arm flap get stuck in the back of Nekros during a missing and spent the rest of the missing with the arm flap sticking out of his chest right below his pecks. I tried jumping around and rolling in order to unstick the arm flap to no avail.  

basically. make those his primed auxiliary item (like how come valkyr comes with one but no nekros?)

I hate how the wings can cover part of the screen while crouching + ads + moving sideways and the headaches I get while trying to use nekros prime, reason why I usually end going back to it's normal version or any other frame after a mission or two. 

There's also this thread trying to achieve the same, but sadly no word has been given.

16 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I hate how the wings can cover part of the screen while crouching + ads + moving sideways and the headaches I get while trying to use nekros prime, reason why I usually end going back to it's normal version or any other frame after a mission or two. 

There's also this thread trying to achieve the same, but sadly no word has been given.

cool. this guy thought the same thing as i did. i agree with this. should have been mortos p and optional because sometiems it can look like a bit of a pain

4 hours ago, Varbane said:

While I'm a pretty big fan of the frame over all, I would like to see the "flaps" on the back of his upper arms become removable. They clip into the shoulder sections of his upper arm, can obscure your view when making fast moves or during melee and can clip into and become stuck in the Nekros model. I actually had the left arm flap get stuck in the back of Nekros during a missing and spent the rest of the mission with the arm flap sticking out of his chest right below his pecks. I tried jumping around and rolling in order to unstick the arm flap to no avail.  

Why limit it to Ash. I want to be able to remove all the dopey looking garbage from frames, such as Trinity's skirts.

If the wings become removable, the Mortos Prime Binds, that means you can only either have the Mortos Prime Binds (the wings) or the regulat Mortos Binds (the tassles) as separate auxiliaries. Regardless of clipping, I kinda like having both on my Nekros Prime. Gotta have more movable flowing bits on my Fashionframe.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

If the wings become removable, the Mortos Prime Binds, that means you can only either have the Mortos Prime Binds (the wings) or the regulat Mortos Binds (the tassles) as separate auxiliaries. Regardless of clipping, I kinda like having both on my Nekros Prime. Gotta have more movable flowing bits on my Fashionframe.

Again: They are NOT the Mortos Prime binds.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Really? I thought they were.

Not gonna ask you to post them on the forums or anything, but are there any photos of their conception on the internet?

No, becuase they don't exist. They let the chance of designing the binds go. Can't blame them given the whole mess of summer they must have had with the whole 4 update thing though :P

Edited by NightmareT12

Just got my nekros prime. Having those wings flap in front of the crosshair during combat makes this frame unusable. Quite sad since I was really looking forward to playing some minion master. DE plz fix.

Also; How did you not see this problem during playtesting?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...