Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why aren't Hyenas regular units yet?

Vali

I sorta miss the bigger and heavier Bursas and the Hyenas from the Proxy Rebellion alerts, and with their re-introduction into the Corpus Bust, why aren't these units out in the field for us to fight? 

They could give the same ability resistance over time bosses have and they would make for fun enemies in regular missions, why not add more of these guys and less Nullifiers?

In addition, It'd be cool to get those mini-boss swarm like the Comba swarm in the alert for regular missions.

While we're at it, what other enemy types do you think are just not utilized by DE enough? Personally I think Manics lack their own node, similar to the Blackout event or maybe Gox's or other aerial units above the map in open tile sets. 

Edited by Agentawesome

You mentioned it by yourself. They were introduced in the Corpus Bust recently. Just a few days ago. So give DE some time and maybe they will be common. Also first of all The War Within needs to be released and only after that there will be something else.

Why would you want the wretched thing known as Hyena TH to be common. I'm fine with the others JUST NOT THAT. It's magnetic proc is worse than a nullifier. At least the nullifier just nullifies your abilities. This one just f***s with you by giving you a magnetic proc. It removes ALL of your energy AND scrambles your HUD. Not to mention it can bypass Limbo's rift.

25 minutes ago, DeadScream said:

Many positive threads about the Darvo alerts, I really hope DE read all of them and understand what the playerbase wants and means as a challenge. 

These defenses were awesome because they were damn epic. 

The entire point of the thread there.

2 hours ago, secret9005 said:

Why would you want the wretched thing known as Hyena TH to be common. I'm fine with the others JUST NOT THAT. It's magnetic proc is worse than a nullifier. At least the nullifier just nullifies your abilities. This one just f***s with you by giving you a magnetic proc. It removes ALL of your energy AND scrambles your HUD. Not to mention it can bypass Limbo's rift.

If they made it have Combas effects, and then only caused a magnetic proc on the ground slam attack, it would be perfect.

2 hours ago, MrM1 said:

You mentioned it by yourself. They were introduced in the Corpus Bust recently. Just a few days ago. So give DE some time and maybe they will be common. Also first of all The War Within needs to be released and only after that there will be something else.

They've actually existed for at least 2.5 years, and people have been suggesting this for awhile. Hopefully this shows DE's thinking about it, but there have been other events with Hyenas as normal enemies before.

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

I'd say that the only Hyena that might be too OP as a regular spawn would be the one that procs magnetic, mostly due to the lack of telegraph and AOE nature of the proc. Would like to see the other 3 as regular enemy for sure though.

• Maybe because;
  • Tenno, the alarms have triggered a Hyena.
  • Instead of:
  • Tenno, the alarms have triggered a Bursa. 
  • Or: 
  • Tenno, the alarms have triggered a Bursa and a Hyena.
  • Nonstop throughout the mission would be even more annoying. :(

I'd be fine with them replacing Nullifiers, ad to everyone who says "they're bosses, they're meant to be special etc.", don't worry, the boss Hyenas can be upgraded to a Hyena 2.0 prototype: tougher faster and deadlier in every way than a regular hyena, while the regular models we have now become a part of regular enemy rotations. everybody winds that way.