The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is a good way to solo Tyl Regor?

(XBOX)Chaosmander

Question

So, eventually I'm going to try and get my hands on Equinox. Being a free player, this means a hell of a grind is in my future and I'll be fighting Tyl Regor a lot. Currently, probably the strongest Warframe I have at my disposal right now is Frost, whom doesn't have an Orokin Reactor on him. I also have a Mesa, guessing is my second best. So, anyone got any tips/tricks/necessary items for beating this guy one-on-one?

23 answers to this question

Load up a Saryn or Saryn Prime and a Vaykor Hek, and apply buckshot directly to his forehead.  Ain't hard, it's a big target.  If he won't sit still for you, use your Molt to distract him.

After a few shots, he'll raise the water level to flood the caverns below, then hide, and then spawn a few Manics to attack you.  You can distract the Manics and make them easy targets by dropping your Molt.  Spore it to spread viral procs among the manics and make them even easier to kill.

When he shows back up, repeat the buckshot application process until he turns invincible and shoots the glass above, raising the water level.  Quickly climb to the upper floors to avoid being sent into Sharkwing and slowly fried by electrified water.

Once you're on the upper floors, Regor will spawn more Manics, this time with a Manic Bombard among them.  Kill them all and he'll reappear for one last showdown.  A few more rounds of buckshot should be all it takes.

Edited by Arkvold

Working with what you've given:

Frost can be useful against Tyl because of the slowing effect of Snow Globe. Tyl is a very close-quarters melee type boss so if you place a globe in the center of the battlefield when the fight starts you can stay inside it and he will be slowed upon trying to engage you inside. From there, shoot him and try not to let him hit you, as he will zip around like a ninja.

Once you cause him enough damage he will call out something like "Gonna tear this ocean down on us if I have to!" which means phase one has ended. He will retreat and call in some Manics for you to deal with. They are also melee enemies so the globe strategy will remain useful. Once you kill the Manics he will come at you again. Repeat what you did for phase one until he says something else new (I forget what exactly) and he will jump up to the upper level. You need to get off the ground fast and up to where he is, a Bullet Jump will handle it easily.

Once he cracks the dome, water will rush in and the hard part starts. Manics and Manic Bombards will spawn while the final phase is on, but Tyl is still rushing you in melee. Put down a new globe and try to remain in it if possible. The only thing that should break the globe are the Bombards, so you shouldn't need to worry about maintaining its health much, if at all. Once he falls for the final time it's just extracting.

If you wish to do it solo, it's possible with your given parameters. If you feel like you NEED to do it solo, just keep matchmaking on Public and you may run into someone trying to farm him and have a simpler time. He seems tougher than he is, unlike some other Grineer bosses. Keep at him and you'll nail him!

Edited by BlaineKodos
Fixed some wording to prevent confusion

7 minutes ago, 0Skyrim0 said:

Go for the eeyeeeees! I mean, Loki. No matter which weapon, just a strong one, and Loki. Max invisibility duration, and you are fine.

I thought no one would mention Loki. Manics and Tyl Regor won't even see you coming. Hah! Get it...

just continue moving, don't stand around letting Manics or Tyl Regor hit you.
shoot.

that's pretty much it. just don't stand still and shoot the things that try to attack you.
there's no real strategy needed for anything in this game.

Snowglobe will make it easier to dodge the Enemies in the Boss Arena. Shooting Gallery would also be effective.

Edited by taiiat

I did it solo with a nezha and a soma lol... Never again, did a group one afterwards.  I was only after the manics for Inaros because I bought equinox (I'm too lazy to farm that many lol) using the sobek with syndicate mod etc which was easier so basically using a shotgun is a better option. 

I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone by going after normal manics for Inaros but they just did not want to spawn so had to go after Tyl Regor instead :( Still need that 1 single 'identical' part (systems) for my both ash and ash prime :( 

With Frost, you can use the slowing effect from Snow Globe to keep Tyl Regor at bay and hit him with something that does a lot of damage before he teleports away. This is also true of the Drekar Manics that appear between phases of the battle.

When I was farming Equinox myself, I used Nova and a standard Hek. Recently, I've been using Ivara and her Artemis Bow.

A quick note: Tyl Regor will remain invisible if there are no targets for him to attack. If you are cloaked, you will either need to temporarily decloak (disable and re-enable Prowl) or provide him a target (Decoy) to have him reappear and become vulnerable to damage. If you are on terrain that he cannot reach with a melee attack (standing on a Dashwire), you will need to move yourself close enough to accessible terrain.

Mesa with Peacemaker. Just stand right in the middle and Peacemaker will shred Tyl Regor. It also does decently well against the manics if you have good efficiency and have energy restoration pads. Otherwise, a strong weapon like the Lex Prime or Tigris Prime can do well if you have decent reaction speed and eye hand coordination.

If you were on PC I could help you farm for Equinox. I think I had to do around 90 runs of Tyl Regor in all. For myself and two of my clan mates. xD

22 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

With Frost, you can use the slowing effect from Snow Globe to keep Tyl Regor at bay and hit him with something that does a lot of damage before he teleports away. This is also true of the Drekar Manics that appear between phases of the battle.

When I was farming Equinox myself, I used Nova and a standard Hek. Recently, I've been using Ivara and her Artemis Bow.

A quick note: Tyl Regor will remain invisible if there are no targets for him to attack. If you are cloaked, you will either need to temporarily decloak (disable and re-enable Prowl) or provide him a target (Decoy) to have him reappear and become vulnerable to damage. If you are on terrain that he cannot reach with a melee attack (standing on a Dashwire), you will need to move yourself close enough to accessible terrain.

Yeah that Ivara strat should be good, along with bringing Nyx and using Chaos or Mind Control on the manics

8 minutes ago, OGPlebian said:

Yeah that Ivara strat should be good, along with bringing Nyx and using Chaos or Mind Control on the manics

I've been using the strategy for the sortie Assassination missions against Tyl Regor, though it's incredibly tedious due to his absurd defensive stats at level 100.

I start the mission by dropping a Dashwire between the bottom of the statue and the platform on the second floor that is over the entrance to the boss room (opposite the room from the crescent-shaped platforms that deploy for the second and third phases). If positioned correctly, you can stand on the Dashwire at the top anchor and duck under many of Tyl Regor's attacks (his shockwave can still hit you, though). I typically stand next to the platform the wire is anchored to to lure him from his invisibility, then back out of range to take some pot shots at him while he combos at air.

For the final phase, you can use Prowl to avoid the Drekar Manic Bombard if it spawns and one-shot it with Covert Lethality (yes, the Bombard is vulnerable to stealth finishers). Place a Dashwire from the crescent platform to any wall on the opposite side and stand on that, again baiting attacks and backing up out of reach. Be careful of Tyl Regor's shockwave attack because that can knock you into the electrified water. Regular Drekar Manics cannot reach you at all, and Tyl Regor will continue to combo at air if you continue to bait him.

Of course, if you're not going up against the sortie version, he'll probably fall in one or two volleys of Artemis Bow for each phase, so a lot of this setup is probably not necessary.

Use rhino if u have him and just use rhino stomp to get him and the manics frozen (haven't tested it yet but if it works on lephantis and kela de thaym it should work on him) but peacemaker can do fine

BTW you really shouldn't worry about the manic cuz they haven't been a problem to me at all