Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Universal Vacuum Feedback

Racter

27 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

"It's an experiment" is not a reason, it's an excuse.

An excuse for you as you don't understand their reasoning.

"We" obviously means the community.

The whole community? Is that why some threads get locked or have moderators making changes when someone in this community is not posting correctly or sensibly? Oh gee that kind of blows your "always" theory out of the water too, huh?

Yes, I said they respond to the feedback with a particular thing

A particular "thing" - nice of you to elaborate.

They responded to the feedback by doing something completely different to what was being asked for.

Now that depends on what was being asked for, because there were multiple suggestions. Sure a lot of the community was asking for innate vacuum for all the sentinels but... oh wait.. they did that didn't they? Oh you're talking about something really specific right? Keeping the vacuum range the same? Yeah that wasn't always suggested as the vacuum reduction hadn't happened yet. So what exactly are you referring to hmm? Also I did say it was a WIP - so now with people giving sensible feedback, range could possibly be modified. Making sense now?

You're just lumping them all together, as if every single person who is upset is incapable of giving feedback

Putting words in my mouth. I never said "every single person who is upset is incapable of giving feedback" - I said " People don't understand the difference between giving feedback/suggestions and throwing out a rant/complaint." These are two very different things and does not imply anyone being upset. It just simply states that there is a clear difference between the two and that is why complaint and rant threads are not considered feedback or suggestions - hence why they are not taken as such.

Edited by Alcoholism

By reading comments in MULTIPLE threads created since yesterday I can summarize two things: 
1) There are people (absolute minority) who didn't use the carrier that often (and probably didn't play that often either) and are now telling 89% of carrier users to "git gud" at picking up tiny loot bundles (as if it adds anything positive to the gameplay).
2) The rest of warframe's player base just wants 12m back and the delay gone. 89% of people don't want this 6 meters nonsense because in no way shape or form it adds anything to the fun of the game. It's an outdated game mechanic - anachronism from the slow-paced 80s games which has no place in a fast-paced game like Warframe.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

5 minutes ago, Neihoyea said:

I bet you have some mad loot picking skillz.

Since when is common sense and picking up loot a skill? you completely misread my post.

3 minutes ago, Beggining said:

I have this AWESOME trick where I walk into the loot and ocassionally open lockers >:D

It's sick, bro!

I know right? though honestly I don't think I EVER actually walk in Warframe, I'm almost constantly sprinting, wallrunning, or bulletjumping my way around. I just pay attention to my minimap (Animal instinct is AWESOME) and on-the-fly plan out my route around pickups while murdering whatever enemies pop up onscreen, if I even BOTHER with pickups. I've got so many of some of 'em I don't think I'll ever run out. think I have some 300 Morphics and nothin' to spend it on...

1 minute ago, (PS4)haffmo said:

After being exploited to create over a million iron skin they stopped absorb.

eh, Iron Skin still takes ya through what it needs to, you still see Rhino blood everywhere. though personally I find him boring. I prefer to bring Frost out, I feel he's better suited towards most teams than Rhino. and his slower speed isn't a problem for me as I seem to outrun Volts fairly regularly for some reason. though all that experience sure does help as does knowing most of the maps inside and out

to everyone saying "make it a Warframe passive", we would have to find a new passive For Mag, since you're basically giving an improved version of her passive to every frame.

20 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I run pancakes, so I often forget to bother with the drops.

see, this guy is prepared. I never run with any less than a hundred health and energy pizzas (large team ones, I'm not THAT selfish), so it doesn't bother me that much. either way though, I can't wait to see how dividing Vacuum into 3 smaller Vacuums "solves" our problems.

8 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

unfortunately you don't have the numbers to back up the claim that 80%, not 89%, of players all disagree with this change. From what I have seen there are plenty of people that agree with it

are you looking at the same forum as the rest of us? Cuz theres alot more threads about people not agreeing with it, n a whole bunch of people back in the megathread about the topic that feel like the whole conversation just got booted to the curb. The 89% number comes from play statistics of how many people use vacuum n thus got something they use greatly reduce at the gain of using a different sentinel, which proven by the statistics wasnt worth not having vacuum. And before you reply with "you still got it though" no we dont, we have effecively less than 17% of it.

A couple mates and i actually tried comparing loot after missions and we found that i was actually picking u more resources and mods without carrier then they were with carrier

Despite the fact the they have vastly more ammo and credit pckups

I realize carrier is beneficial to newer players but it makes players lazy so in think the smaller radius is a step in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, NyxOOX said:

Never cared about Vacuum or Carrier in general. As far as I've always been concerned, Carrier was a "convenience Sentinel" that only served to let people be lazy. The only difference now with the Vacuum changes is that they seem to be determined to be both lazy AND very vocal about how the game apparently doesn't let them be lazy any more.

Interesting. The most health of all sentinels and decent with primed sweeper. But just for loot

1 minute ago, (XB1)freakytiki3 said:

A couple mates and i actually tried comparing loot after missions and we found that i was actually picking u more resources and mods without carrier then they were with carrier

Despite the fact the they have vastly more ammo and credit pckups

I realize carrier is beneficial to newer players but it makes players lazy so in think the smaller radius is a step in the right direction.

This is EXACTLY what I've been saying pretty much since Carrier's release...

Nearly nobody's listened to me

23 minutes ago, (XB1)freakytiki3 said:

Are there any other players who don't care about vacuum?

Vacuum nerf is a nerf but some people couldn't care less as we just collect the salt as it rains down.

even that i dont like some parts of the "new developmentstyle" since around a year or more or less i can say to the vacuum-discussion i have to see by expirience/playing how things are really ingame with that

on the other hand im a bit tired to refocus on and on at the core gamemechanics and im pleased to DE that you, DE, stop wasting my time by forcing me to change on and on my style to play

gaming is for me entertainment and i payed you very good and i pay you good for, DE

gaming should be fun and not WORK !!!

so, as well as there is a chance that im not heared, we are not heared, i cant ignore main communication things and how world functions, ignoring the critics or overjumping them with a smile and empty meanings without any change lead me to leave finally

now, official meaning, even that nobody cares, even less DE, if things go on that way i simply stop playing ^^)

then i wasted my cash for nothing in another game and ok, thats my fault ... as well as this and a second time with lots of cash, i learned

and right now im on a point with all the delays and created dramas by DE, im tired of playing warframe, i dont play as much as before and im not shure how i should feel about this all, unheared by DE

and, I DONT LIKE HOW I FEEL WHEN IT COMES to warframe and what i have given and how i feel ...

ok, thats it, and i will stay away for pointing more clear, because then comes stressed mods with their missunderstanding or fanboys and tell me im "insulting their gods", i have to avoid that, because then decadency appears and this is not smth which im interested to be confronted with ...

sorry, i have nothing better to share right now about a "FORMER LOVED" game

The whole situation is imbecilic, loot vacuuming in whatever form is a QOL issue but DE seem to think its something to do with "balance".

12m on Warframes, always on, stop being deliberately perverse DE.

Its like removing trade chat because you've introduced Maroo's bazaar in order to "balance out trading opportunities". WTF?!?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

are you looking at the same forum as the rest of us? Cuz theres alot more threads about people not agreeing with it, n a whole bunch of people back in the megathread about the topic that feel like the whole conversation just got booted to the curb. The 89% number comes from play statistics of how many people use vacuum n thus got something they use greatly reduce at the gain of using a different sentinel, which proven by the statistics wasnt worth not having vacuum. And before you reply with "you still got it though" no we dont, we have effecively less than 17% of it.

do keep in mind that forum goers are minority among the playerbase as a whole, and by no means are an accurate representation of the rest of the player  base

Somewhere around 8-10 seems nice to me as well.

The thing with changing the range of a sphere (as the vacuum is) is that every meter you change in either direction is an exponential change. It's not just that the range has been halved - it has been halved in all directions, reducing its effective area of effect drastically.

I've just had a chance to play with it a bit on Helios, and yes - it IS nice to not have to walk on top of every little item that drops, but these 5 or 6 meters just don't seem to really cut it on a slightly laggy connection.

As a personal preference I'd like to see the original range back, maybe as a Precept for Carrier itself - the other sentinels can suck a bit, Carrier can suck a lot. ;-)

@taiiat Can you please go into a bit of detail on which abusive problems you're talking about?

1 minute ago, NightBlitz said:

do keep in mind that forum goers are minority among the playerbase as a whole, and by no means are an accurate representation of the rest of the player  base

right, but play statistics are by many means an accurate representation, n that's where I'm sourcing my figures. Whether the forums are a subsection of the community or not, if more of this subsection feel one way on an issue, thats a good indication that many others do too, especially if the play statistics align with that data.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

Do tell me where it is 89% when I have this pie chart, right here, posted by DERebecca when she locked a thread commenting they increased the radius from 5 to 6m in testing that shows that usage of carrier, in any form, in the most recent time in Warframe, is only 78%. When I stated 80% that was based off of the dev's original comment during streams regarding the usage amount with a minimal slice of the playerbase.

Chart

Thread

7 minutes ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

right, but play statistics are by many means an accurate representation, n that's where I'm sourcing my figures. Whether the forums are a subsection of the community or not, if more of this subsection feel one way on an issue, thats a good indication that many others do too, especially if the play statistics align with that data.

Your figures are wrong. also, the number of players that go to a forums are in a larger majority the ones that only go there to complain. The people that are fine with the update are the ones that don't bother complaining about it and instead play the game.That is why you typically see fewer people coming in to these kinds of post-update complaint threads to support the change compared to complain about it

Edited by NeithanDiniem

3 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

I've just had a chance to play with it a bit on Helios, and yes - it IS nice to not have to walk on top of every little item that drops, but these 5 or 6 meters just don't seem to really cut it on a slightly laggy connection.

There's a factor to consider; I've been playing solo so I hadn't notice, but this might be useful in mitigating problems arising with bad connection.