Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Universal Vacuum Feedback

Racter

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but this change disincentivizes proficient use of parkour and skilled movement through the map.

There's no real benefit to moving quickly, because now I have to stop and move deliberately in the direction of every item I want vacuum to pick up. I might as well not even have it.

I feel as though this universal vacuum thing is a bit of a misnomer; as in, it doesn't apply to the kubrows and kavats. As-is, my pets are in stasis for the foreseeable future, because vacuum is such a QOL improvement that I don't see myself ever using them. Y'know what? I really want to use them. I'd take a cat or dog companion any day of the week over a flying robot, but the fact of the matter is, I feel as though I'm forced back to the sentinels sheerly for the vacuum affect.

Thing is, I'm not asking that the vacuum affect be applied to the kubrows and kavats, because they're not next to you all the time, they're running around the map. So if it was applied to them, any collectibles I want would be picked up and pulled by them, carried around on their rampages across the tilesets. This could lead to life support in Survival missions being pulled away from me and similar problems. Furthermore, I feel as though slapping the vacuum affect on companions is a band-aid to the actual problem: the current pick-up system doesn't mesh well with the rest of the game's mechanics.

I'll be blunt: When I play this game, I want to be a space ninja. I want to utilize the parkour mechanics to their full extent, headshotting enemies from 20 meters in the air, crossing chasms with a single sequence of the amazing parkour 2.0 maneuvers, etc. What I don't want to do is have to run around in circles after every minor skirmish, collecting Ammo Drums and Rubedo. The base pick-up range is way too short, and it brings the gameplay to a screeching halt to have to slow down and pick up everything off of the floor. None of this is even going into the occasional glitching of pick-ups through walls, making them inaccessible to those without vacuum and that sort of thing.

Something that would fix this situation pretty much immediately and make everyone happy would be to apply the original, 12 meters of vacuum range (I still don't see an adequate reason to nerf it to 6m) to the Warframes themselves. If DE wanted to go one step further, they could even have it be a toggleable thing from the option menu for those that for some reason don't want vacuum turned on. That way, if a companion goes down in the middle of a mission, the gameplay doesn't go back to the default, boring trudging around on the ground after every skirmish grabbing pickups, and everyone can enjoy the parkour system to its full extent at all times. In other words, make Universal vacuum truly, y'know, UNIVERSAL.

And if it's just a matter of "well Mag already has a similar passive," just change it out for something else. Make her occasionally resist magnetic procs or something. I'm sure DE can think of something to replace it with.

TL;DR give the original 12m vacuum to all the frames, and optionally make it a toggleable option.

Edited by Jackviator

10 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

why isn't vacuum 12m

why isn't vacuum 100m

why does loot even drop from enemies

why do I even have to level up gear

why do I even have to kill enemies to begin with

why do I even have to download this game

There's a different between keeping things interactive and keeping things tedious.

Gathering loot is interactive.
However, being required to step on every piece of loot to gather it... is tedious. Especially in a movement-heavy game like this one, and infinitely more so when it comes to looting items that don't even affect the mission (e.g. resources).

Edited by SortaRandom

5 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Wyrm, Diriga, and Djinn say hi. Along with being able to shoot enemies for CC effects, they frequently trigger CC effects that affect a wide range of enemies in certain numbers and distances. I can't think of a single time I'd have preferred my Carrier shooting that one enemy near me over Wyrm knocking the entire group down, then shooting the stragglers.

Do they CC the enemies you want? Do they chain CC?

By purposely leaving Carrier's Striker precept at rank 2 - 4 you can ensure he only attacks enemies which are a direct close threat to you, Ones creeping up behind you or standing right in front of you the moment you open a door.

Wyrm has a CD and the radius is not much more than I can do with a Ground Slam with the same effect. Carrier does not have a CD with the same range and he very much hits multiple enemies with every Blast or Electric status.

And as I said in context with "More close Range CC that's far more dependable" he survives far more mistakes than any other Sentinel which usually die the moment you make one mistake.  By more, I mean it's there to do it's job still when others would have died.  Doesn't matter what  their abilities are when you accidentally take a rocket to the back 40min into a survival and the thing is dead for the rest of the mission.

Carrier is just more dependable support and that's all companions are good for.

So, anyone else think Carrier not only loosing its mod "Vacuum" but reducing its range from 12m to 6m is complete trash?

It's literal purpose is to suck things up for you....a convenience. I've always wanted carrier to have 30m range if we're being honest....not useless junk 6m?

I do agree all companions including cats/dogs should have some vacuum capabilities....but I also believe the companion literally used and soul purpose to suck should still have superior range. They might as well just remove carrier altogether if they just took away its usefulness.

I petition we give carrier back it's range and possibly increase it to 20m-30m. I do agree all the other sentinels should have a passive suck, but not equal to Carrier. Otherwise....Helios will become the new "IT" companion....cause its the only useful pet now...

Thanks DE,

Let's better the game not worsen.

~Tae

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed insulting title comment

this is too much, originally the coverage was 144pi but the new one is 36pi, which is a massive nerf of 75%

I understand it is now universal but could you buff the radius to 8m so the coverage (64pi) is about half of the original area? 

Edited by akira_him

I would prefer if carrier either had innate 12m vacuum, or a mod that gave it that. That way you can still use other sentinals with 6m vacuum, which is enough for most things, but if you are farming nano spores and want that 12m range it's still available. Also, that way every sentinal would be objectively better than it was. so nobody could say that carrier got nerfed.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Ammo mutation is nice...but a +range mod for Vacuum...yes? 

Or would it simply relegate non-carriers to storage (again?)

been saying this all day. Carrier's precept should have been a 6.5m vacuum range exention, then it wouldn't have gotten nerfed and others have their 6m vac with their sentinels. If carrier still got used 89% of the time then DE knows that 6m vac AND the other sentinels abilities are NOT comparable to 12.5m carrier. That's the ONLY way to know.

As said by our beloved Tyl Regor, I want to smash open their head-fruits to see what is going on inside.

I just played Warframe for 30 minutes just to see how the new change happened and the range decrease is VERY noticeable and inconvenient.

I hope D.E gets its ship together quickly enough.

12 m vs 6m

It will affect greatly depends on your playstyle.

1. Those gun lovers. Some guys love to strafe and shoot around 10 m. just nice the cross hair exactly head size. 

-> thus you can shoot continuously while collecting stuff.

-> perfect for low until lvl 70s

2. Some people love to use melee

-> the 6 m is enough for them because melee cant cross 10M anyway even with prime reach

-> to this guys cheers. Now they can use other carrier

3. For people whole love to cruise whith active skill like ember

-> 12 M is important so they can rush exterminate missions while using the 4th skill.

To be fair, actually what I want to know is which majority request such nonsense?

Can they show the statistics how many request of it? and how many deny it?

53 minutes ago, Brachion said:

Having a smaller vacuum radius helps encourage people to slow down a little bit and actually pick things up, instead of blitzing though the level and ignoring everything but the objective. After all, what's the point of having fancy new resource pickups if no one ever actually sees them? Also, it helps keep Kavats and Kubrows relevant, since they were pretty much overshadowed by Carrier's sheer utility in the past.

It's a fast paced shooter, slowing things down isn't an improvement. From what i'm seeing, nothing has changed pace wise, people are just skipping loot rather than slowing down.

Kavats and Kubrows are still irrelevant, the vacuum addition is sentinels only.

just throwing this out there, for some of us, the argument here isn't whether this is an acceptable change. This was something the community asked for for a very long time. Discussions over how to do it right have happened many times. The ideas are all over these forums. So the question isn't, 'is it alright?' Its 'is this really better than the ideas from the community that DE ignored?'

Peepl are losing their SHIET on the forums.. None of this will stop until they extend the "Universal Vacuum" to 9m or 10m ish.  Or give carrier an extension option.

Also I can see this also going into Kavat and Kubrow as the subject next.. But only after they rework ALL the other sentinels.. they are poo poo sauce.

Just now, -Fe-McHamm3rShot said:

Peepl are losing their SHIET on the forums.. None of this will stop until they extend the "Universal Vacuum" to 9m or 10m ish.  Or give carrier an extension option.

Also I can see this also going into Kavat and Kubrow as the subject next.. But only after they rework ALL the other sentinels.. they are poo poo sauce.

sentinels are fine. people are losing their minds because, yet again, their easy mode has been negated. that is all.

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

3)  So that leaves the top of the sphere that really isn't used unless it's on another floor that the tenno hasn't already been.

4)  Along with the bottom of the sphere that again isn't used unless it's on another floor that the tenno hasn't already visited.

Which is kind of important, since being able to pick stuff of from a completely different floor is huge. You didn't even need to cover all the floor space on old draco to loot after a round because of the simple fact that vacuum would extend downwards far enough to reach the floor below.

26 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Except Carrier is still the best support Companion due to it's surviveability at high levels.

Completely agree and its unfortunate.  I am hoping that is the next problem addressed.  I am actually planning a post regarding this exact problem.