Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deluxe Skins: 6 in development [embers!]

3 hours ago, Exlodian_Akitora said:

Like I said yesterday. It comes when it comes. The current deluxe skin in progress is ash, but still hopefully chroma is next or so. But still though a good idea to have for a deluxe skin for chroma.

uh, they werent asking when it comes, they were making a suggestion for it

Not a fan of Zephyr skin, it won't probably make me use that frame. 

Ash skin looks sick, as well as Frost one, will definitely equip them both as soon as they're released. 

I'm not sure about Chroma, it does like better than the vanilla frame, I guess, but it's not like I can't play Chroma anymore without it. 

Time for some negativity:

I dislike all of them. Except Zephyr.

1. Ash?  Legs are still too short.
  2. Frost? Does not look like a warframe imo. Srsly... If you showed this to me outside of a devstream, I would 've guessed that this is a chara from some fantasy mmorpg
  3. Chroma? meh. just...meh. Too crowded with details. But for Chroma, I'll  wait till the actual 3d model is out. The concept art ... well... has a very unique style. Almost looks like a vector graphic- it probably is one. It might look different when the final 3d model is out.
  4. Zephyr. Just looks like the good old warframe. And while I do not like the design of normal Zephyr, I like this deluxe skin far better. Will get.

Just my opinion.

23 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Time for some negativity:

I dislike all of them. Except Zephyr.

1. Ash?  Legs are still too short.
  2. Frost? Does not look like a warframe imo. Srsly... If you showed this to me outside of a devstream, I would 've guessed that this is a chara from some fantasy mmorpg
  3. Chroma? meh. just...meh. Too crowded with details. But for Chroma, I'll  wait till the actual 3d model is out. The concept art ... well... has a very unique style. Almost looks like a vector graphic- it probably is one. It might look different when the final 3d model is out.
  4. Zephyr. Just looks like the good old warframe. And while I do not like the design of normal Zephyr, I like this deluxe skin far better. Will get.

Just my opinion.

Isn't the point of Deluxe skins to be something very different and transformative to the original frame?

If you're going to make it look totally like a warframe you might as well make another frame with different powers.

10 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

I didnt say it was "unacceptable" i say that i dont like the design because it looks more like an Atlas skin.

Frost now looks like he is wearing a heavy coat, boots, and a helmet. The theme is being covered up. So an old man wearing a hood kinda connects with that theme. 

A Knight with armor that looks like muscles, i mean, look at the shoulders! Thats far away from Frost and, again, just looks like Atlas.

The horns dont really help. Sure, he has crest on his helmets but they were this on the nose.

Hmmm, now it REALLY looks like Atlas

Saying it's not fine is pretty much saying it's not suitable (acceptable) as a concept. Which is furthered by the similarities with Atlas, going by your post. As for the similarities, big whoop, he has something covering his neck and he has a slightly flat head. Doesn't mean it isn't a decent concept and can't be used. It still looks different to Frost, which is the point. It's easy to just stare at the head and neck and forget about the rest of him, which is different to Atlas.

Either way it doesn't have to look like Frost nor does it really have to stick with a theme. The whole point of the deluxes is to be a step away from the originals. 

Edited by Naith

4 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Isn't the point of Deluxe skins to be something very different and transformative to the original frame?

If you're going to make it look totally like a warframe you might as well make another frame with different powers.

It is but people keep forgetting that. 

2 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Hm... I was about to go "Hey- it's just my opinion".. but actually you're right.

The problem I have with the frost deluxe skin is that it looks more like an armor... but that also applies to Proto excalibur.

I still don't like it.- the only thing I remotely like is the head. The muscles seem totally off. - imo.

Just now, WEREsandrock said:

Hm... I was about to go "Hey- it's just my opinion".. but actually you're right.

The problem I have with the frost deluxe skin is that it looks more like an armor... but that also applies to Proto excalibur.

I still don't like it.- the only thing I remotely like is the head. The muscles seem totally off. - imo.

That's perfectly fine, I mean, we all have our tastes, and they might not always match!

I'm a huge fan of medieval aesthetic and was hoping for an Ice-king look for Frost, so the skin played right to my tastes.

The Chroma skin I think has that weird on-the-uncanny-valley thing that the warframes have going on, and truth be told, the real test will be when these are translated to 3d.

How will they look then? How will the skirt look when he's running? How will the colours look? WIll he look odd with Frost's proportions?

We will have to see. But for now...

FEROCIOUS PECS

I would say instead of taking the horns on the Frost delux and move them slightly to the front...kinda give a little demonic look. But I can see where they're going for the look. I love all the new skins, and now a skin for ash where he has a normal friggin helm.

Cautiously optimistic for this. The concept looks great, but after the Knave skin I've had to tether my hype for these skins a bit closer to reality. Definitely picking it up either way, just for some variety if nothing else. I've been playing Frost Prime the majority of my time in game since 2013, need something new lol

Hope the cloth physics they mentioned being done work out well, too.

12 hours ago, Hesyol said:

A bit sad it's not this:

Reveal hidden contents

V2-6GxUCwqdM39upIUjgTSJn395fHHGnWvxk0G4Z

But still looks cool

But that version doesn't have perfect abs so it's not as great.

Ash's Deluxe Skin looks like it lived up to the concept art pretty good so expectations for Frost may be met as well. :) Too bad Loki didn't end up that way.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

What's with those muscle o.O

The skin looks good generally but muscles don't suit Frost very well IMO. Would be better if he's wearing an ice armor (passive of freezing melee attacker) or something like that.

I have to agree with you, those muscles look kinda out of place. Still looks good though

All of these skins will be a day one buy for me.

However, I do much prefer the frost Aleph skin since it looks majestic, but I will still buy this other one.

I'm not an ash user at all, but I like the mini syadana on his helm and the skin turned out nicely.

Same thing with chroma and zephyr, but HOLY ****! both of those look amazing. New zeph skin looks sleek and the energy wings are on point. As for the chroma, I'm really liking the style, but I'm just hoping it turns out better than the loki concept to the actual loki skin. 

9 hours ago, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Again... This is fan art. Not DE. If we ever see this it's going to be Tennogen, not deluxe.

These deluxe skin concepts aren't DE. They contracted a community artist, The guy who made Aleph, to design concepts for loki, rhino, trinity, banshee, ash and frost. It's easy for someone to think that aleph could be used for frost but It was made a long time ago, and the artist probably wanted to do something new for frost.