Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2000 Endo enough to motivate veterans to do the sorties ?

Vicious_Vipa

2 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

As a vet, yeah 2k is enough. It's up to each individual to decide whether the game is fun and worth playing or a "grind" fest as you put it. I like the gameplay, so even when farming I can enjoy the game.

Pretty much exactly this.

I do sorties for another reason other than fun, as well: to break the meta and prove to people that knowing what you're doing is far more important than equipping Mirage, a S.Simulor, and spamming Hall of Mirrors while firing randomly.

Doing sorties with unmeta builds an frames is a  great pass time.

In the end you're not meant to play WF forever, there comes a point where either you just stop playing for awhile till the game get's fresh or you create your own fun.

Edited by Buzkyl

42 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Pretty much exactly this.

I do sorties for another reason other than fun, as well: to break the meta and prove to people that knowing what you're doing is far more important than equipping Mirage, a S.Simulor, and spamming Hall of Mirrors while firing randomly.

Good luck with your holy crusade against the windmills.

I have only about 120k Endo.

Still many rare or primed mods left for me to upgrade to rank 8 or 9 (I don't care about maxing most of the time).

2k Endo isn't all that great at motivating me to do sorties, but that's not the main problem.

Sorties themselves are the main problem. Most of the time they feel either boring or straight up annoying (sortie Kela assassination, just why), they rarely seem like a fun challenge.

the ammount of endo isnt the problem , the problem is when   2k endo is the most common reward , in my case in this past months i have gotten nothing but 2000 endo  rewards , with the exception of 1  potato reactor,4000 endo and 1 lens, it  greatly discourages me.

Just now, Retepzednem said:

the ammount of endo isnt the problem , the problem is when   2k endo is the most common reward , in my case in this past months i have gotten nothing but 2000 endo  rewards , with the exception of 1  potato reactor,4000 endo and 1 lens, it  greatly discourages me.

It's a problem with the idea of weighting the rewards.

It would be helpful if they weighted the rewards toward the ones that aren't checked off, but then they'd have to give out individual sortie rewards, rather than group-wide ones. I don't see the problem with this, but I do think it'd cause outcry. Imagine if, in the old void system, your buddy got a Vauban Prime part while you got just a Forma. Weighting won't work because of this, so now you're stuck with, "if you roll the checked off reward you just get Endo," which makes it seem like Endo is more common than it actually is.

22 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

It's a problem with the idea of weighting the rewards.

It would be helpful if they weighted the rewards toward the ones that aren't checked off, but then they'd have to give out individual sortie rewards, rather than group-wide ones. I don't see the problem with this, but I do think it'd cause outcry. Imagine if, in the old void system, your buddy got a Vauban Prime part while you got just a Forma. Weighting won't work because of this, so now you're stuck with, "if you roll the checked off reward you just get Endo," which makes it seem like Endo is more common than it actually is.

i heard that we get an extra roll between 2000 and 4000 endo when our sortie rewards is gonna be  something we had already obtained so that is why  it would appear  2k endo is the only thing   some of us get , in wich case  why not add  some lens to the roll  chances

Edited by Retepzednem

2 minutes ago, Retepzednem said:

i heard that we get an extra roll between 2000 and 4000 endo when our sortie rewards is gonna be  something we had already obtained so that is why  it would appear  2k endo is the only thing   some of us get , in wich case  why not add  some lens to the roll  chances

Yeah, I don't know. Probably to restrict the amount of lenses we can get so people buy the greater ones.

10 minutes ago, sidmarks1 said:

Just soloed (solod?) the latest sortie.A rare old struggle especially the last part. Barely finished but I did. 2000 endo!!!! Thanks very much. 

You're framing this as though you expect more from having soloed the Sortie. There's no precedent for that in the game so Sorties aren't going to be any different.

Despite the fact sometimes (very seldom) I play Sorties just because of the challenge in solo mode (when there is something like the 3rd sortie is an excavation and you can only use sniper), I stopped playing sorties long time ago, as I'm MR 22. I mean... it is just NOT worth the time...

I hope more people complain about this, because sorties are literally useless. Sometimes you get stressed, sometimes you get beaten, humiliated, exhausted... And the reward can suck. The only reason I would keep doing sorties is because there is some kind of new special weapon that I don't have yet. And even though... I might just buy it instead, because sorties can really be a pain, and frustrating, when the reward sucks.

Several months ago, I used to play them daily. I got the lowest fusion core reward THIRTEEN days in a row (that's about 2 weeks). Can you imagine bearing that? Since then, I just stopped doing them.

2 hours ago, Siekier said:

I have only about 120k Endo.

Still many rare or primed mods left for me to upgrade to rank 8 or 9 (I don't care about maxing most of the time).

2k Endo isn't all that great at motivating me to do sorties, but that's not the main problem.

Sorties themselves are the main problem. Most of the time they feel either boring or straight up annoying (sortie Kela assassination, just why), they rarely seem like a fun challenge.

Nononono. I have only about 10k endo XD That's the correct use for "only" XD

The Avg Endo reward is 2,500 for Sorties. Which translates to roughly 25 plat.

It's not amazing but it's not a waste of time either.

Some of the mission combinations can be pretty annoying but at the same time they give you reasons to use weapons or frames you normally have little use for.

The only thing I dislike about the rewards is that Nezha seems to eternally be on there when he should be a normal drop somewhere else in the game. Like the Endo he's worth some plat but I'd rather have more variation with each season.

Right now the only thing that changes is a single weapon and everything else is a repeat. That's kinda weak. Lets get some cosmetics in there, the ever annoying to farm Rift Sigil can make an appearance. More variation.

The problem is the reward, i agree, 2-4k of ENDO... or lents you do not want... and Nezha... Nezha is not the greatest wf in the game to be a reward on high level missions. Other problem is the lack of certain enemys on certain missions. For example: Excavation without energy and take an eternity to arrive just one enemy with the energy... sometimes you have to come back the the last excavation site for the energy... i do not lie, one time we pass like 1 hour on a excavation for 2k endo as reward?  This lack of enemys make the missions boring not to say tedious. Or for example today, some guy went with a simulor, the bugframe appear, in a mobile defense mission the data you have to carry to another terminal just got stuck between the floor and the ceiling... and no one could retrieve it!!!!! We have to abort the mission with 2 terminals already done. I do not know, personally, i can not imagine a "solution" for this. What i can suggest is that, DE can add enemys like stalker, sentiants, bursas, acolytes, etc. BUT, with a high drop pf mods and parts. That way the vets o the players that are ablee to finish the sorties can get good mods or parts that can be traded for PL or another stuff you need. PL can be good to buy all cosmetics in game, all bundles, etc. It is just an idea. Because now days, prime wf/weapons are easy to get, so... no challenge. 

9 hours ago, Thrymm said:

Agree with this.

As a "veteran", I'm simply not interested in stupid scaling or gimmicks.  When I go after challenge, I want it to be more real and less "handicap the player".

In fact, I rarely play anything that goes the handicap the player route.  I don't play this game to wander around with 50 energy, or with just a sniper rifle or pistol, or enemies that are identical to every other enemy in the game except immune/super resistant to normal gameplay.  I play this game for the variety of weaponry and abilities I get to use.  Anything at all, regardless of reward, that shackles me to that kind of nonsense is just not something I'm interested in, nor find interesting.

The Nightwatch crew is "challenging enemy" done much closer to right, in my opinion, with the possible exception of the bullet sponge-for-no-reason Bailiffs that overpopulated their last appearance.  The enemy mix meant AE risk was real, you couldn't stay stationary or you'd risk being overwhelmed by melee while pinned down, etc.  I'm not saying they where the epitomy of hard, what I am saying is that their enemy mix and tactics represented a much better starting point to make interesting challenges from than simply "use 50 energy frame or just a sniper rifle to overcome mindless sponges" that is sortie missions.

Notice that I didn't mention mission rewards at all.  That's because getting rewards from missions I don't want to play in order to be stronger for missions I don't want to play simply doesn't matter.  Missions I DO want is what matters.

Just wanted to give this a round of applause. Well said. I agree completely.

21 hours ago, Vicious_Vipa said:

disclaimer:  I believe that "rewards" should not be the only reason for players to do the sorties because if this was the case, Warframe would really be an EXCLUSIVE farming (grind) game without any actual purpose and right to exist (... in a sense games like Overwatch exist where players play for the sake of playing the game).

But "should not"  does not mean that this really is not the case.

I think these are 2 aspects which would be interesting to discuss about.

Thanks for your opinions.

the question is different from that which we ask the question about .... Well: 2000 endo to me are fine so I do not make the sortie for prizes but only for fun because they are the only levels that excite me

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

What makes you think that Sorties are designed for Veterans only ?

I mean, the requirements for Sorties are a level 30 Warframe and MR4. Not 8 forma'd equipments and MR20.

yeah but without proper equips/mods you either die hard or leech.

you dont have to be a veteran but definitely not for beginners.

ill say mid level.

Mobile Defense?    "Make sure to have Frost + Nova and relax..."

I am gonna try a new approach now.   we are a group of 3 bored players who will do the sorties now in a private group, only using "pure" frames
like Volt instead of these frames that neutralize the "task" completely or that just press 4.

Same goes for the weapon choice.

Let's see how that goes.

On 11.10.2016 at 11:16 AM, Chewarette said:

What makes you think that Sorties are designed for Veterans only ?

I mean, the requirements for Sorties are a level 30 Warframe and MR4. Not 8 forma'd equipments and MR20.

maybe not ONLY for veterans.      But if the Sorties weren't designed for veterans,  please show me the other missions which are considered "endgame" where the veterans should go.  

I am listening ;)

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

I mostly do the Sorties for the both the credits AND endo.

So, while the 2000 endo might not be enough, the 2000 endo AND the credits combined, are enough to motivate me to do the Sorties.

...Just a MR 21 noob who just got his Primed Fury yesterday, not really a "Veteran" though.

Edited by NativeKiller