Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, here is a possible solution to fix Telos Boltace.

EmptyDevil

33 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

Was you injured when you tried it?

Also it never proced other statuses for me before, at least 1-2 weeks ago, I remember it because I tried to make a gas build, but it didn't worked at the time.

Taking damage doesn't matter when it comes to channeling but just for you I let enemies take my hp down and it still didn't cost me energy to channel when I am the host.

If I was a client then it would have cost me energy to channel.

You probably struck enemies directly with the melee attacks instead of using your special spin attack to kill them while you channel.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This detail in particular (weapon must be equipped to receive the spin attack benefit) is something you can expect to test out / play with the next deployment. Further review will follow!

Erm, I'm getting the feeling that this isn't going to solve much.

The issue with TBoltace is that players can spam away and nuke entire mid-leveled maps (as well as completely nullify Bombards) with ease... but making it melee-mode-exclusive won't change this.
Melee players will be as overpowered as ever. All this change does is remove the TBoltace's signature move from gun users, without addressing why the signature move is too strong in the first place.

I'd rather have it so that both gun and melee users can enjoy the waves-- but the waves themselves need to be addressed. (Maybe their base range? Or the fact that they stack with Reach? Stuff like that.)

Edited by SortaRandom

Nooo I finally found a reason to use Naramon and Saryn's Toxic Lash :(

However I wouldn't mind so much if they reduced the range on it (or prevented range mods from affecting it) and made it so you have to actually be using the TB and not just quick melee.
I can live with that.

3 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

One possible way to fix this weapon

I truly wanted syndicate melee weapons to retain the syndicate meter of affinity.  Rather than a sudden explosion it simply tops off and the 'special' passive ability of the weapon depletes it bit by bit.  Once it is empty it must be filled again before utilizing the special mechanics.

It boggles me they already had a system in place to balance such mechanics but did not use it.  Of course, the less active abilities (credit gain, stealthiness) would always work but each weapon should have an active ability that worked specifically off this meter.

This would require a total revamp of the core system though I suppose so it isn't likely to happen.  Either way, yes telos boltace needs toned down but the others need buffed quite a bit.  Plenty of feedback on the whys and wherefores of those weapons are everywhere so no need to go into detail here.

2 minutes ago, UnGoogle said:

Why newbs always complaining about strong weapons? The good solution I see is to make Boltace harder to obtain for noobs, I'm kinda sad atention shifted from tonkor, cuz it's really isn't OP,

"Newbs" and "Noobs" (which aren't the same thing, by the way) aren't the ones who are complaining about this weapon. Even if they were, they'd have every right to complain about their kills being stolen and not being able to play the game when some high rank player runs through their mission spamming room-wide AoE attacks that kill everything before they get a chance to see them.

3 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Wrong. It's currently inconsistent. I just did 9 syndicate medallion hunts without stopping the channeling and never once had an energy drop. It only uses energy if you connect with the weapon directly. The wave consumes nothing.

Strange, I played around with the wave as well, and it drained all my energy, I know the direct hit with the melee spin drains energy, the wave for me has drained energy, and alot of it, when there's alot of enemy's.
Guess they fixed it then broke it?

I dunno.

Edited by Monsterwithin

30 minutes ago, UnGoogle said:

Why newbs always complaining about strong weapons? The good solution I see is to make Boltace harder to obtain for noobs, I'm kinda sad atention shifted from tonkor, cuz it's really isn't OP,

14 minutes ago, UnGoogle said:

Well, person who made this thread is a newb, and he's complaining. Also u'll be playing on public only in case u're new at the game AND don't have friends with you, in that case you really want someone to do the killing for you, since u're stuck with braton/boltor/excalibur or whatever for a while.

I'm not new. Refrain from the snide comments and conjecture because you do not agree with the removal of a clearly broken mechanic, that acts as a crutch.

This weapon's brokenness needs to be nipped in the bud, so it doesn't fester in the community too long and become a bigger issue later on.

56 minutes ago, UnGoogle said:

Noobs aren't the one complaining, they are the one using it.

The term "noob weapon" is used for uninteresting overpowered weapons because people use those to make up for their lack of skill.

3 hours ago, Lucernam said:

Why is the forum's solution to everything nerf this, nerf that? Isn't part of the fun of this game being an OP space ninja who fells all foes before him/her?

Players are becoming demigods.

It's no fun when most if not all the enemies you face fall at your feet within a fraction of a second. Endless missions do have harder enemies over time, but there is no point to playing endless missions other than up to the first instance of Rotation C. 

4 hours ago, ashrah said:

why not buff weak wepons and bring it to line with good wepons..

This. Badly. It will become a great game changer for DE if they listen to this. Even some people will get their heads back on to taste some of their favorite or currently mastery fodder weapons to bring some different feel to this game. Is this so hard to implement really? Now we are talking about THE Telos Boltace and its broken functionality, which has just got released days ago and already started working for a better nerf but DE just can do some overhaul with all the weapons this game has to make them viable to everyone and increase the QoG. So far I can understand this change doesn't require any other mandatory interconnected changes.

Please DE instead of adding more weapons 'alone' start working with the existng ones to make them usable and customizable for every level of the game. Its just the stats I'm talking about provide necessary buffs as per category and see how QoG improves for this game. Everyone will surely appreciate you for this.

Edited by AhmadIYE

11 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Telos Boltace is the outlier.

You didnt have to bring out the guide you know! You slightly misunderstood my point here so I'm gonna try again, main point is working with the existing weapons and make them much workable again putting them inline with the other selective ones just like @ashrah & @Magnus said. I'm not against balancing as its a required function for a game but when that's (nerfing) the only thing happens keeping the rest out of discussion then it matters. And definitely there is nothing wrong in it and it'd be absolutely absurd to call this change a wrong move. Weapons will have better stats to have the capability to perform in every stage of this game where mods acquisition (rare/legendary) is already hard enough combined together it'll be just perfect for both noobs and elites.

Edit: I've no problem at all being outscored if my squad mates have that skill to out perform me with right skill rather than spamming around when even then I'd've just politely requested to not to do that, thats all.

Edited by AhmadIYE

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

Telos Boltace is the outlier. New weapons are fine. Change it. That's it. Buffing everything else is out of the question and the wrong way to go about it.

I play solo and my current arsenal has already make the game to be too easy to the point of boredom. Why would I even want to get more boring ones?

3 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

I'm not new. Refrain from the snide comments and conjecture because you do not agree with the removal of a clearly broken mechanic, that acts as a crutch.

This weapon's brokenness needs to be nipped in the bud, so it doesn't fester in the community too long and become a bigger issue later on.

It's easy to tell who is new by looking at your post number and reputation. :)

Edited by aerosoul1337

That's a reasonable suggestion, OP.

I really wish the last hits on some combos of the current and only stance we have now could have the Telos Boltace release spikes out as well. But have them shoot the spikes out at a longer range and maybe no channeling cost on the spikes. Makes pulling off those combos feel more rewarding and super cool.

Its draw back is that the damage falls off quite a bit the further a target is, even with reach/primed reach. also in order to deal the best damage with it you'd need to own a Maiming Strike. Unless you've been going into conclave against folks with it while using a rocket launcer, idk why you say it needs to be nerfed down.

oh hell no... I'm in love with telos boltace and now people want to nerf it?

I'm using volt and his 4th ability has a damage cap on it so its basically useless, telos boltace is the only way for me to do any aoe damage on high level enemies to help my team

maybe just nerf mirage clones, ashs bladestorm, mesas peacemaker and every other ability that is op af rn and boost other weapons that are literally useless until you throw in 6 formas into them

1776 will commence again if you try to take our boltaces!

logic behind most of mirage/ash/mesa users:

certain weapon is op with my special ability: "nah lets leave it as it is, I don't see any examples of it being op"

certain weapon in the hands of nyx, mag or any other crappy frame is good? "NERF IT CAN'T BE I wont allow peasants to outscore me!1"

seriously, and you can say whatever you want, boltace is hell alot of fun to play with volt and other frames that don't have press X to win skills... sure, there are others that are just as good but its not fun to sit on top of a rock with tonkor, obliterate a corridor with synoid simulor etc

we can't have fun now cuz something is too good? really?

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This detail in particular (weapon must be equipped to receive the spin attack benefit) is something you can expect to test out / play with the next deployment. Further review will follow!

Glad to know. Figured with the damage vertical drop off over range, LOS requirement, lack of acolyte MOD usage, lack of combo counter usage, only partial spin damage on the waves AND getting the channeling bug fixed (it has to be a bug cause I can flatline 425 energy in a spin or two if I'm hosting/solo) these magnificent weapons that tickle most any non-infested non-star chart mobs would be in a good place. But guess majority forum criers win again. Damage 3.0 can't come soon enough to fix all the other actually broken op weapons that seem to continue to get ignored, but oh a melee that can clear rooms in the star chart, that has to go.

Please see to fixing Synoid Simulor, mirage hall of mirror with aoe weapons, ember world on fire and various over op aoe at don't get blocked by a simple railing or have damage drop off so nothing can wipe star chart rooms while your at it please.