Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Index Preview

[DE]Drew

So the most boring, repetitive and annoying game mode got tailored to fit the most boring, repetitive and annoying enemy faction? I sure hope it's garnished with lots of nullification, instakills and damage resistances! And sprinkle some magnetic procs on top of it to increase the fun.

Also Conclave stuff for all 15 people that play it. And Lunaro updates for the 0 people that play it.

Welp... Back to Overwatch.

Edited by zombaio

All I see is a few lines of content and a couple of walls of text all saying conclave, conclave, conclave... I really don't care about that as well as majority of players. Why keep pushing the worst game mode? 

Edited by -SHARDS-
Edit: butterfingers.

so..uh, with this new bundle. can you guys actually LOOK at balancing the Embolist? its utter crap at nearly everything...fast ammo consumption (not AS bad with the syndicate mod, but it brings up the issue of nev3er being at mag cap ever again due to low ammo pool), HORRID ammo pool (due to both syn mod and fast ammo consumption) smallish damage....TINY rang making ruinous extension mandatory....need i continue?

8 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

there was a reason (maybe not a good one though): people complained about the 4sec being too short. as for the reward, i guess they just used the same "function" for the reward-screen without a 2nd thought about it being... unnecessary.

after winning 5 rounds, gold gives you 35k - IF you get 20 points yourself (easy when doing it solo). after winning 10 times its the endurance phase with 45k minimum. still, with around 25mil on credits i don't really need them (still the arena is fun).

nope, its the corpus arena - like kela's, only with corpus. (and you could have that figure out easy by either playing it yourself or just reading it here).

hence the name, eh? also, we have med-ray for the sentinel. even more also (^^) before we got cats, "companions" was the collective description for mods usuable with both kubrows and sentinels - they just didn't changed the description on animal instinct yet.

So...like I said: Pseudo PVP, against the game's most tedious faction. 

Not an update I have any interest in playing, as I absolutely loathe Rathuum. It got old, boring and repetitive in its first week.

33 minutes ago, zombaio said:

So the most boring, repetitive and annoying game mode got tailored to fit the most boring, repetitive and annoying enemy faction? I sure hope it's garnished with lots of nullification, instakills and damage resistances! And sprinkle some magnetic procs on top of it to increase the fun.

Also Conclave stuff for all 15 people that that play it. And Lunaro updates for the 0 people that play it.

Took one look...and was immediately off to playing Shadow Warrior 2 and The Division once more.

Most Disappointing tennogen selection to date (personal opinion as always) 

What added to the disappointment was that there were loads of tennogen items that would put these into thier pockets but were not chosen for some reason.

Best change that this mode could have would be to make the points instanced when they initially drop.  As it currently stands everyone rolls around stealing points from people making it impossible to reach your goals.

I don't like at ALL this new arena.
There is no point playing this...

IMO, all arena/pvp/conclave and kind of stuff in warframe is very bad and boring.

All i want is new PvE stuff (yes Warframe is a great PvE game !) : new missions, new bosses, more lore, etc etc.
If i really want to play PvP FPS game, i just play Overwatch or CS.

Index is great to play and its fun but the only part which is not fun  is when you have sorelosers as hosts and they quit right at the end of the match and everybody is sent to their ship with not a win and rewards but the Quit addition  to the statistics 

i won 6 games out of 7 so far but only 3 were counted for that reason...

• Optimized frame-rate for certain GPUs that were having difficulty running at 60 FPS; in some cases the GPU would be clamped to 30 FPS despite the fact that it could have easily averaged somewhere in between.

ohhh yes! :D If i get 60+fps it will be great change.

If not = meh.

Some feedback on the Index.  
Mind you, i played last night before bed and post this now before going to work, so I have no idea if these have been addressed yet.:

Let's start with the bad so we can finish with the good.
The biggest problem with the Index at this moment is the betting system, and in that there are two problems.
The first is that the credit payoff just seems underwhelming.  
When I can run a Dark Sector Defense for 24K credits, a 6K credit payoff in a high risk wager is just...meh, which is against flavor of the entire mission set (Corpus greed and all).
The second issue is that in a High Risk wager, you are actually competing against your teammates. 
With personal score goals set to 20pts and a victory condition of 50pt, there is literally no way for more than two players on a team to achieve this goal at the same time, even with voice coordination.
There's also the very distinct possibility of getting matched up with superior skilled players who kill and collect faster than you, rendering you unable to meet your quota.
A minor issue that is easily enough fixed; Humanoid Corpus look much more like Tenno than Grineer do, making target finding a pain. Perhaps team colors?

For the woes of the gambling system, the good things shine.
The game style is fun and different; it's similar enough to the Grineer arenas but truely feels Corpus.
The mods that drop are just plain neat; I fully intend on crafting a few items just to use these mods.
The foes are actually fun.Spoiler text.  That doppleganger took me for a whirl. "Why....why does Inaros have a shield bar? Wait. Why does he have my name?" It was an enjoyable match.

All in all, I like the Index.  
With a little tweaking, it could be a great addition to a great game.

Dang, they are just hammering Loki with conclave nerfs. He was pretty much the only frame I could play reliably so when I saw that he could no longer pick up energy orbs while invisible I was like "ouch, this is going to take some experimenting to get used to." But now I see this conclave change and I'm just like "What am I going to do now?" cuz guess what. Loki can now no longer DEAL ANY DAMAGE while invisible. If he does, Blam! the invisibility shut off. Why?! and now his decoy also can only hold the primary? it was obvious enough if this seemingly Loki warframe stayed stationary while you killed it. Now if you see a loki with a primary equipped, standing still, people aren't going to be fooled by it. loki is a deception frame and that isn't going to work well if the decoy is obvious and you can't do anything while invisible.

My rant is done.

This is event where a man is for themselves. Which is bad in a game where it is mult-player. Personal goal to get the rewards or lose ur credits in endurance.

Want to reduce player cheesing? look at your own current event, that's why we cheese it.

*The worst event*

Edited by low1991

Honestly, this index is even worse than rathuum was at first. I can spend all my ammo on a freaking robo-tank and not even scratch it, while any stray bullet or mine one-shots any of my frames.

Also, most of the times mobs simply ignore sleep effect of Rest.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

Thank you for making the rewards so useless that there's no reason to try and work past the obnoxious RNG grind walls you keep adding to the events that were once supposed to reward active players and encourage derelict players to come back.

But, hey, events that exist for no reason other than "that's what we're supposed to do" are fine, too.

Guest Perhelion

Variant mode is like my dream that become reality. Seriously this is awesome. I wasn't even hoping that mode like this can be implemented, what a positive surprise! I'm still shocked, it's like taken out of my head. 

PVP developing team really did a great job. Guys you are the best, thank you so much for making PVP experience so unique and fun!

9 hours ago, zombaio said:

Also Conclave stuff for all 15 people that play it. And Lunaro updates for the 0 people that play it.

Lunaro is fun