Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with purchasing a warframe

(XBOX)Gambrazzio09si

Question

I just received a 50% off coupon for the market in my daily login bonus and I've heard these are rare. I've been wanting to buy a war frame but I don't want to waste my coupon on a frame I won't like. I've read a little and it looks like Trinity is a good choice but I'm not sure. I have 375 platinum so with the 50% off I can buy a frame up to 750 platinum. I checked and the coupon doesn't seem to work for bundles. Any advice would be greatly appreciated I have less than 2 days to decide

The coupon doesn't apply to things in the in game market, just stuff on the Buy Platinum page.

As for what Warframe I'd recommend, it depends on your playstyle, though I would advise against ones associated with quests like Mirage, Limbo, Inaros, and Titania as there is little to no RNG involved in getting them. 

I suggest you don't buy any warframes with plat except quest frames you want 2 of.  If you're dead set on getting a frame with plat, get chroma, equinox, or ivara since they're the most painful/tedious to get.

6 minutes ago, Imaru said:

The coupon doesn't apply to things in the in game market, just stuff on the Buy Platinum page.

It does on console

9 minutes ago, Imaru said:

As for what Warframe I'd recommend, it depends on your playstyle, though I would advise against ones associated with quests like Mirage, Limbo, Inaros, and Titania as there is little to no RNG involved in getting them. 

I'm looking at the in game market right now and I'm on the war frame page and they are all half off. 

Even with a 50% off coupon, you may still able to get its Prime version in the trade chat for less. If you want Trinity, try trading for Trinity Prime instead. Her prices on PS4 ranges from 45P - 100P.

If you are adamant about using the coupon for a frame, I suggest buying "harder" to get ones such as Equinox, Ivara, Vauban, and Mesa.  

13 minutes ago, Imaru said:

This is only true for PC. On Console it applies to the in game market. (I have a login for PS4 but I like this one more ;P)

It depends on the warframe you want to play with and is hard to get in game. Personally, try one that doesn't have a quest or is part of a mission drop. 

I think the hardest to get is Chroma since you have to farm parts for the other frames. 

If you really want to buy a frame, buy a Prime set from another player. Trinity Prime goes for 50p nowadays on warframe.market. Even with 40p extra for a slot+potato and 125p for rushing everything, it's cheaper than buying her normal version, and you get a better frame. The normal frames are way overpriced.

Trin is a good support/tank frame, but without knowing what you like it's hard to give any advice.

Edit: Since you're on XB1, warframe.market may not be the best option. Still, in-game trading should work, though I'm not at all sure about XBox prices.

Edited by Defendor

Buy a frame that's either tedious to farm, doesn't have a prime, or both.

If a frame has a prime you can usually get it for a lot cheaper than market price anyway so there's no reason to waste the plat, the most tedious to farm frames without a prime I can think of are Equinox and Ivara.

1 minute ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Even with a 50% off coupon, you may still able to get its Prime version in the trade chat for less. If you want Trinity, try trading for Trinity Prime instead. Her prices on PS4 ranges from 45P - 100P.

If you are adamant about using the coupon for a frame, I suggest buying "harder" to get ones such as Equinox, Ivara, Vauban, and Mesa.  

I'm pretty new to the game I've only been playing for about 2 months so I don't know much so just from looking around the game I thought you needed to be a prime member or something to use a prime war frame but you're saying anyone can use a prime warframe? 

24 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Actually, on consoles you don't get log in rewards for a percentage off from platinum purchases, just the in-game market.  Sony and Microsoft prefer that players on their platforms pay full price for plat.

Since Ceres' overall level has dropped, Trinity should be much easier to get, and not really worth spending plat on.  You might be able to find someone to help you with the assassination.

I too recommend Ivara or Mesa, as they take a lot of unavoidable work to get your hands on, and they're also both solid frames.  Ivara for soloing content/one shotting bosses, and Mesa as one of the strongest, and highest scaling damage frames in the game (I haven't played a spy mission that wasn't an alert in the ~11 months since I got Ivara, because after running over 100 of them, I was utterly sick of them).

Edited by polarity

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Gambrazzio09si said:

I'm pretty new to the game I've only been playing for about 2 months so I don't know much so just from looking around the game I thought you needed to be a prime member or something to use a prime war frame but you're saying anyone can use a prime warframe? 

Yes, anyone can obtain and use a Prime Warframe, weapon or Sentinel.  You can either use platinum to purchase the parts from a player (and then build in your Foundry) purchase the Prime Access or run Fissure missions to obtain the parts on your own (and then build in your Foundry.)

As to which one you should purchase, I'd suggest one of the quest Warframe that are harder to obtain.  i.e., to obtain Mesa, you have to gather 3 Mutilist Nav. nodes, to build 1 key to get 1 part.  (If you're lucky, you only need 3 keys) And Atlas requires you to fight the Infested Juggernaught multiple times to complete his quest before you can access the boss.

I'd suggest looking over the wiki page and checking what it takes to obtain each of the Warframes, and then decide which one you'd like to skip the grind fest for.  

If you'd like to see an official profile video (via DE) for a specific Warframe, i.e., Volt, then type "Warframe (name) profile video and that will generally pull it up in the top 3 results.

When you purchase a Warframe from the market, it comes with its own slot, (and a preinstalled potato, IIRC) so you wont have to worry about purchasing one on top of the Warframe.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Gambrazzio09si said:

Prime warframes are just slightly upgraded and aesthetically changed to have gold trimming and that sort of stuff, and are all (except Excalibur Prime because he was released before the Void was released) obtainable by any player, with the warframes' components coming from void relics. 

Available prime warframes (as in their corresponding relics can currently be obtained) alter from time to time, with the oldest released prime warframes being put into the 'vault' every few months, meaning their relics can no longer be obtained, but all existing relics and prime warframe components still remain in players' inventory, and new prime warframes and weapons being released every few months.

For an explanation on how to obtain prime warframes and weapons, see the wiki page on Relics: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Relic

Copy and pasted here from that page are the relics needed to aquire each available prime warframe/weapon and its rarity:

Spoiler
DEPrimeDualBroncos
Akbronco Prime
Blueprint Lith S2 Common
Lith S3 Common
Link Axi S1 Uncommon
Lith N1 Uncommon
PrimeAkstiletto
Akstiletto Prime
Barrel Axi A1 Uncommon
Blueprint Lith A1 Rare
Link Axi N1 Uncommon
Receiver Axi K1 Uncommon
Axi T1 Uncommon
AshPrime
Ash Prime
Blueprint Lith S3 Uncommon
Meso C1 Uncommon
Chassis Blueprint Meso V2 Common
Neuroptics Blueprint Axi N2 Uncommon
Meso N2 Uncommon
Neo N3 Uncommon
Systems Blueprint Axi N1 Rare
FixedPrimeBoar
Boar Prime
Barrel Axi V2 Uncommon
Blueprint Neo D1 Common
Receiver Lith M1 Common
Stock Meso B1 Rare
PrimeBraton
Braton Prime
Barrel Lith A1 Common
Blueprint Axi N1 Common
Meso V1 Uncommon
Receiver Axi V2 Uncommon
Axi V3 Uncommon
Stock Axi A1 Common
Meso N1 Common
Neo V2 Common
PrimeBronco
Bronco Prime
Barrel Axi N3 Uncommon
Neo V1 Uncommon
Blueprint Axi N2 Common
Axi S1 Common
Lith N1 Common
Lith S1 Common
Meso N2 Common
Meso S2 Common
Receiver Axi S1 Common
Meso F1 Common
PrimeBurston
Burston Prime
Barrel Axi T1 Uncommon
Lith F2 Uncommon
Blueprint Meso V1 Common
Receiver Neo S3 Common
Stock Lith K1 Common
Lith V1 Common
Neo S2 Common
PrimeCarrier
Carrier Prime
Blueprint Meso V1 Common
Neo S3 Common
Carapace Axi N2 Common
Neo S1 Common
Cerebrum Lith C1 Rare
Meso C1 Rare
Systems Axi V1 Common
Lith S2 Common
Lith S3 Common
Neo V3 Common
SwordPrime
Dakra Prime
Blade Neo D1 Rare
Blueprint Lith M1 Uncommon
Handle Meso B1 Common
DualKamasPrime
Dual Kamas Prime
Blade Meso D1 Rare
Blueprint Axi N3 Common
Axi V1 Common
Neo V1 Common
Handle Axi A1 Uncommon
Meso F1 Uncommon
Meso N1 Uncommon
PrimeFang
Fang Prime
Blade Axi N1 Common
Lith C1 Common
Lith F1 Common
Lith N1 Common
Blueprint Lith K1 Common
Meso N1 Common
Neo N2 Common
Handle Lith F2 Uncommon
Meso N1 Common
Meso N2 Common
Neo N3 Uncommon
Neo V2 Common
Forma2
Forma
Blueprint Axi G1 Uncommon
Axi K1 Uncommon
Axi N1 Common
Axi N2 Uncommon
Axi N3 Common
Axi S1 Common
Axi V1 Uncommon
Lith A1 Common
Lith C1 Uncommon
Lith F1 Common
Lith M1 Common
Lith N1 Uncommon
Lith S1 Uncommon
Lith S2 Uncommon
Lith V1 Uncommon
Meso B1 Common
Meso C1 Common
Meso D1 Common
Meso D1 Uncommon
Meso N1 Uncommon
Meso N2 Uncommon
Meso S2 Uncommon
Meso V1 Uncommon
Meso V2 Uncommon
Neo D1 Uncommon
Neo N1 Common
Neo N2 Uncommon
Neo S1 Uncommon
Neo S3 Uncommon
Neo V1 Common
Neo V2 Uncommon
Neo V3 Uncommon
PrimeFragor
Fragor Prime
Blueprint Lith F1 Rare
Meso F1 Rare
Handle Lith V1 Rare
Head Axi A1 Common
PrimeGalatine342
Galatine Prime
Blade Meso S2 Common
Neo V2 Common
Neo V3 Common
Blueprint Axi G1 Rare
Handle Neo V2 Uncommon
PrimeHikou
Hikou Prime
Blueprint Lith S1 Common
Meso N2 Common
Pouch Axi K1 Common
Axi V2 Common
Stars Lith F2 Common
Neo N1 Common
KavasaPrimeCollar
Kavasa Prime
Band Lith C1 Uncommon
Lith S2 Uncommon
Buckle Axi K1 Rare
Lith K1 Rare
Collar Blueprint Axi G1 Uncommon
Neo N1 Uncommon
PrimeLex
Lex Prime
Barrel Axi K1 Common
Neo N3 Common
Neo S1 Common
Blueprint Meso D1 Common
Neo N2 Common
Receiver Axi N2 Common
Lith M1 Common
MagPrimecropped
Mag Prime
Blueprint Lith M1 Rare
Chassis Blueprint Meso B1 Uncommon
Neuroptics Blueprint Axi V2 Common
Systems Blueprint Neo D1 Common
NekrosPrime342
Nekros Prime
Blueprint Axi N3 Rare
Chassis Blueprint Axi G1 Common
Lith N1 Common
Neuroptics Blueprint Meso F1 Uncommon
Systems Blueprint Neo N3 Rare
PrimeNikana
Nikana Prime
Blade Meso V2 Rare
Blueprint Axi A1 Rare
Hilt Axi N2 Rare
NovaPrime
Nova Prime
Blueprint Neo N2 Uncommon
Chassis Blueprint Lith N1 Rare
Neo V1 Rare
Neuroptics Blueprint Lith C1 Common
Meso C1 Common
Systems Blueprint Lith C1 Common
Meso S1 Common
Neo S2 Common
NyxPrime
Nyx Prime
Blueprint Lith S2 Common
Neo V1 Common
Chassis Blueprint Neo N1 Rare
Neuroptics Blueprint Meso N1 Rare
Systems Blueprint Neo S2 Uncommon
ArchwingSuitPrime
Odonata Prime
Blueprint Lith F1 Uncommon
Meso S1 Uncommon
Harness Blueprint Axi K1 Common
Axi T1 Common
Lith K1 Common
Systems Blueprint Axi V1 Common
Lith F2 Common
Neo N3 Common
Wings Blueprint Axi N1 Uncommon
PrimePolearm
Orthos Prime
Blade Meso D1 Uncommon
Blueprint Axi V3 Uncommon
Meso B1 Uncommon
Handle Meso B1 Common
Meso D1 Common
PrimeBowM
Paris Prime
Blueprint Axi G1 Common
Lith F1 Common
Meso S1 Common
Meso V2 Common
Grip Lith S1 Uncommon
Meso S2 Uncommon
Lower Limb Lith V1 Common
Meso F1 Common
Neo S2 Common
String Lith S1 Common
Lith S3 Common
Meso S2 Common
Neo N3 Common
Neo V3 Common
Upper Limb Axi N3 Common
Lith F2 Common
Lith V1 Common
Meso S1 Uncommon
Neo S2 Uncommon
SarynPrime
Saryn Prime
Blueprint Neo S1 Rare
Chassis Blueprint Meso S2 Rare
Neo S2 Rare
Neuroptics Blueprint Lith A1 Uncommon
Systems Blueprint Axi G1 Common
Axi T1 Common
Meso C1 Common
Meso F1 Common
PrimeScindo
Scindo Prime
Blade Axi S1 Rare
Blueprint Lith F1 Uncommon
Handle Meso C1 Uncommon
PrimeSoma
Soma Prime
Barrel Neo S3 Common
Blueprint Lith M1 Uncommon
Neo S1 Common
Receiver Lith S3 Uncommon
Neo N1 Uncommon
Stock Lith S2 Rare
Meso S1 Rare
PrimeLiDagger
Spira Prime
Blade Neo S3 Rare
Blueprint Meso V1 Common
Pouch Lith S1 Rare
Lith S3 Rare
PrimeTigris342
Tigris Prime
Barrel Lith K1 Uncommon
Blueprint Axi T1 Rare
Receiver Neo V3 Uncommon
Stock Meso S1 Common
TrinityPrime
Trinity Prime
Blueprint Axi S1 Uncommon
Lith K1 Uncommon
Chassis Blueprint Neo S1 Uncommon
Neuroptics Blueprint Axi V3 Common
Neo D1 Uncommon
Systems Blueprint Axi A1 Common
Axi V2 Common
Axi V3 Common
PrimeVasto
Vasto Prime
Barrel Axi V3 Common
Neo D1 Common
Neo N2 Common
Blueprint Neo S3 Uncommon
Receiver Lith A1 Common
Meso V2 Common
VaubanPrime
Vauban Prime
Blueprint Lith F2 Rare
Neo V2 Rare
Chassis Blueprint Axi V1 Rare
Neuroptics Blueprint Meso N2 Rare
Neo V3 Rare
Systems Blueprint Neo N2 Rare
VectisPrime
Vectis Prime
Barrel Axi T1 Common
Neo N1 Common
Blueprint Lith A1 Uncommon
Receiver Meso V1 Rare
Stock Axi V2 Rare
Axi V3 Rare
VoltPrime
Volt Prime
Blueprint Axi N3 Uncommon
Neo V1 Uncommon
Chassis Blueprint Meso V2 Uncommon
Neuroptics Blueprint Axi V1 Uncommon
Systems Blueprint Lith V1 Uncommon

3 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Yes, anyone can obtain and use a Prime Warframe, weapon or Sentinel.  You can either use platinum to purchase the parts from a player (and then build in your Foundry) purchase the Prime Access or run Fissure missions to obtain the parts on your own (and then build in your Foundry.)

As to which one you should purchase, I'd suggest one of the quest Warframe that are harder to obtain.  i.e., to obtain Mesa, you have to gather 3 Mutilist Nav. nodes, to build 1 key to get 1 part.  (If you're lucky, you only need 3 keys) And Atlas requires you to fight the Infested Juggernaught multiple times to complete his quest before you can access the boss.

I'd suggest looking over the wiki page and checking what it takes to obtain each of the Warframes, and then decide which one you'd like to skip the grind fest for.  

If you'd like to see an official profile video (via DE) for a specific Warframe, i.e., Volt, then type "Warframe (name) profile video and that will generally pull it up in the top 3 results.

When you purchase a Warframe from the market, it comes with its own slot, (and a preinstalled potato, IIRC) so you wont have to worry about purchasing one on top of the Warframe.

Alright so if I can get the war frame from market for like 120 it's just better to do that so I don't have to worry about the slot of potato thing? It looks like everyone has said mess or a few others so I will look into these. Thanks to everyone for the info

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Gambrazzio09si said:

The short answer is that 99% of items (gameplay-wise; not including cosmetic items) in Warframe are obtainable. Meaning if you put forth enough efforts (and RNG favors you), then you'll be able to get all those items for FREE.

Longer answer with more infos/details: See Noamuth post above. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Gambrazzio09si said:

Alright so if I can get the war frame from market for like 120 it's just better to do that so I don't have to worry about the slot of potato thing? It looks like everyone has said mess or a few others so I will look into these. Thanks to everyone for the info

Mesa or Ivara would be ideal, considering how hard it is to obtain them, but please look at the wiki page I linked you to - you'll be able to make a more informed choice and find a Warframe that suits your playstyle. 

17 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Mesa or Ivara would be ideal, considering how hard it is to obtain them, but please look at the wiki page I linked you to - you'll be able to make a more informed choice and find a Warframe that suits your playstyle. 

I took your advice and looked at the wiki page. Ivara is my style. I like speed and stealth and I only use bows so she looks like it. Thank you for the help

1 hour ago, (XB1)Gambrazzio09si said:

I'm looking at the in game market right now and I'm on the war frame page and they are all half off. 

For the record, I play on PC so I am not familiar with the way thing work on console. 

9 minutes ago, ashrah said:

buy plat and with 750 plat u can buy at least 3  prime frame

I second this, but remember: yes, Prime Warframes are superior, but you should still, at some point, try to acquire both to get the maximum amount of Mastery. So, even if you get Trinity Prime now, later on down the road, you should try to get regular Trinity.

Also, something else worth investing in would be Warframe and weapon slots. Iirc, Warframe slots are ten for one slot, and weapons are twelve for two slots. That way, when your arsenal starts to really expand and fill up more, you won't have to sacrifice weapons and stuff for future equipment. This is also helpful when you go to build certain types of weapons, like the Sydon, which requires the Amphis to build. Or when you want to upgrade to the dual version of a weapon: Aklato, Aklex, Akvasto, et cetera.

1 hour ago, Zachles said:

I second this, but remember: yes, Prime Warframes are superior, but you should still, at some point, try to acquire both to get the maximum amount of Mastery. So, even if you get Trinity Prime now, later on down the road, you should try to get regular Trinity.

Also, something else worth investing in would be Warframe and weapon slots. Iirc, Warframe slots are ten for one slot, and weapons are twelve for two slots. That way, when your arsenal starts to really expand and fill up more, you won't have to sacrifice weapons and stuff for future equipment. This is also helpful when you go to build certain types of weapons, like the Sydon, which requires the Amphis to build. Or when you want to upgrade to the dual version of a weapon: Aklato, Aklex, Akvasto, et cetera.

he can buy nekros... it will help him a lot to collect faster stuff and rest to save for slots.. or somthing..